Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2005 9:49:16 AM EDT
Last week, just trade in my '97 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 SLT, because it is costing too much to own.  The vehicle averaged less than 12 mpg, and worse if I go off road and use the 4X4.  Furthermore, things were falling apart (103K miles) every two or three months that cost me at least $1K to fix everytime.

For the last few months, I am looking at suitable replacement, including the Chevy Avalanche (built in Mexico) and Cadillac Escalade EXT (built in Texas).  For my application, I need a 4 door cab with a securable bed.  On Sunday, I dropped by a Honda dealer since my wife's friend is looking at the Element, and I was looking at the Ridgeline.  I was talking to the general manager if the Ridgeline is not an open top pickup, it will fit my needs.  Well, the GM told me it have a tonnoeau cover, and more than willing to meake me a deal.  To make a long story short, I traded in my Dodge, and is now driving a Ridgeline with a tonnoeau cover, 16/26 mpg, V-6 and AWD.  

I felt bad, the vehicle only have 70% parts including the engine built in US, tranmission coming from Japan, and assemblied in Canada (my second Canadian car, the first one is my Camaro SS).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top