Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2005 4:50:57 PM EDT
Other than a bottle of Tannerite.

The reason its bugging s is one of them is on my finger tip/pad.  I have a .223 can on order.  I willl have to submit fingerprint card and I need this bad boy off.

TIA

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:53:13 PM EDT
[#1]
go to a doctor to get it frozen off.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:54:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Callus remover.

Put a couple drops on, let it harden.   Peals off.  Work your way down into the root until a bit of blood spots form, that is when you kill the root.

I've killed two warts this way.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#3]
They sell a commercial aerosol to do it yourself freeze warts off now. Think it's made by Compound W, but not sure.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:54:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

hate to pay a doc when I could do it myself.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:55:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Duct tape.  Serious.

Google Duct tape and warts.  It apparently works.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:55:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Use compound w or similar product then use thuja occidentalis tincture (in ETOH), to get the remaining roots.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Use compound w or similar product then use thuja occidentalis tincture (in ETOH), to get the remaining roots.

Ill have to google that, as I have no idea what that is.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:06:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Did that!

A little drop of liquid nitrogen and poof, it's gone....
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Some other wart remedies include these:

Take an equal amount of brown soap and spit, mix the two together, and make a plaster. Apply it on the warts and leave it 24 hours. When removed, the warts and roots will come off.

Make the wart bleed. Put one drop of blood on seven grains of corn. Feed the corn to an old black hen.

Tie a human hair around the wart and leave it in place for several days. Remove the hair and place it in a nail hole in a green tree. Replace the nail, driving it into the hair so it will be stuck in the tree. When the hair rots, the wart will disappear.

Put a drop of milkweed juice on a wart or rub a piece of wild turnip on the wart several times.

Gather the roots of pokeweed. Fry them in hot grease. Apply the grease to the wart. After four or five applications, the wart should come off.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Duofilm.  Over the counter.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:12:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Duct tape, yes duct tape

keep the wart covered with a piece of duct tape.

spraying Liquid Nitrogen (freezing the wart) stimulates an immune response to destroy the wart.

cutting it open or ripping at it - good way to get an infection and or spread the wart
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#13]
try any of the commercial wort removers first before going to the doctor, dont give it a chance to get bigger, I get them on my hand alot, and I had one stubborn one did not want to leave, it took me 6 office visits to kill it, oh, and the stuff at the doctors office burns like hell, usually a blister forms and after it dries up it and the blister should peel off.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:16:31 PM EDT
[#14]
My wife had a wart on her hand.  She tried the freezing kit you can buy in the drugstore, and it did not work.  Then she heard that you can put some finely minced garlic under a bandaid over the wart.  She's been doing that for the past few days, and the wart is going away.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#15]
only thing that worked for my hand wart was surgical removal... twice...
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#16]
tea tree oil applied a few times a day is supposed to work.  slowly, though.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:37:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From my dendrology class many moons ago; Thuja Occidentalis is the latin name for white cedar trees.  Other than that I have no idea what part of the tree is made into a remedy for warts.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I used bandaids.  Had them really bad on my fingers when I was younger.  Just kept a bandaid on them for a couple of weeks.  They just pulled right off.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:41:14 PM EDT
[#19]
One time I noticed a small wart forming and bit the sucker straight off (back of my hand). I was lucky, it worked and there were no ill effects.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:41:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Duct tape.  Serious.

+1 not sure how it will work on your finger though.

Doesnt cost anything to try.  Cheaper than a doctor and liquid nitrogen.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Dig it out with your bayonet.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Don't post pics....
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:56:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
One time I noticed a small wart forming and bit the sucker straight off (back of my hand). I was lucky, it worked and there were no ill effects.

I thought I was the only one that bit one off,yep just like the cub did!!!

It was a really big seed wart(never came back)!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:12:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Orbital sander, 40 grit Norzon pad.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a anti-microbial, anti-fungal, anti-neoplastic homeopathic solution usually ~65% in ethanol.

The PDR will back me on this.

I've used and prescribed this for warts before and it works great.

The problem is with most therapies once you get to the unaffected dermis the treatment is painful, this is when the thuja takes over.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:47:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Weller 100 wt or higher soldering gun.  Destroys the wart, sterilizes, cauterizes all in one step.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:54:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Use individual pennies for each wart.

Take one penny per wart at a time and rub it in a counter clockwise circular motion while saying three times " Go away Wart, Go Away Wart, Go Away Wart then toss it in the river. In three weeks the warts will dissapear.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:02:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Orbital sander, 40 grit Norzon pad.  

Sure, if you want to take your time.

I'd use a 4-flute center-cutting endmill in a Bridgeport.
Cutting fluid optional, but watch your feedrate.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:07:47 PM EDT
[#30]
freezing them is not really freezing them off - here is how it works - you need to inflame the area so that your body will pay attention to it and send its little fighters to fight off the virul infection - burn, pick, poke, freeze, pinch, chemical, whatever - it all brings attention to that area
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:08:23 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Duct tape.  Serious.

yes
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Weller 100 wt or higher soldering gun.  Destroys the wart, sterilizes, cauterizes all in one step.

I use my Weller WTCPS with a 700 degree tip.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#33]
tried duct tape.... nope
chewed on em..... nope
doctors office...... nope
sand paper.......... nope not powered
shaved with knife nope
time .....................yup about 6 years

i say try the store bought freezy stuff several times, the worse part is once the virus is in you body they will pop up randomly for years till the body decides to do some thing about it
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:32:46 PM EDT
[#34]
I haven't tried the freezie stuff.

About 10 years ago I had two warts on my hand, so I got some little kit, Dr Scholl's I think.  It had little pads, and you put those on the wart with a bandaid over it.  They were like mild wart eating acid or something.  Took a few days but worked great.

I need to do it again.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#35]
NIFOITOWTBS!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top