User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/2/2005 3:54:12 PM EDT
Be alert.

Be vigilant.

Be ready to take cover.

Be prepared to yell, "Keep your hands off your guns while people are downrange!"
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:57:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Be alert.

Be vigilant.

Be ready to take cover.

Be prepared to yell, "Keep your hands off your guns while people are downrange!"

Oh god I hate them.

That rifles for terrorrists.

or

What are you gonna hunt with that, a dinosaur?

or

Why would you want a .30/06 pistol?

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#2]

To ban all 06 ammo as armor peircing?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:06:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

To take a break from shooting my .45/70 pistol!  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:08:00 PM EDT
[#4]
double-tap
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:08:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To take a break from shooting my .45/70 pistol!  

FYI

I own both

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:10:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Ha! True to some extent.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:11:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I heard just yesterday ... "you legal with all that?"

And all he had seen was my 223 Contender and my CX4 Storm!  (AR was still in the car)
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I cleared off some brush so I could get back into shooting again.  Between moving and starting work I'd let the range got shit.  So once again, I fit the Fudd Cycle as I begin shooting again

( My .260 held 1" at 100 yards however, something Im kind of happy about... I want smaller)
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:22:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Thompson Center for banning most rifle ammo!

Keep your Contender and Encore chambered for PISTOL rounds.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:33:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Huntin gseason here started on the 9th of September, so they have been out for a bit.

Gotten the "Old war shit" comment on some of my rifles, outhsot the deer hunters using my Garand

got some looks from my Old leveractions, still outhsot the sanctimonious bastards (they like whiz bang bolt guns)

Got a better group at 50 yards and 100 with my schofield than half the deer hunters did with their rifles.....

And one tried to give me shit for carrying my 1911 in a holster cocked and locked as I went down range to check targets (after he had swept a group going down on the last cease fire with his rifle dicking with it.) I said loudly, for his benefit, and the others, that I carried it down so that if anyone, includign him swept me, I could return fire, before they fired if necessary
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#11]
So Canadian gun owners are like American gun owners.

A bunch of Elmer Fudds who won't  mind if Wendy Cukier totally bans AR-15s
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:37:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Let's place the blame properly. THE GOV'T BANNED AP, NOT T/C!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I was next  to a guy the other day that was sighting in his bolt action... He is next to the wall ( inside range) I am next to him with my M16..Set up as a commando BTW....

Guy wasnt too happy....
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#15]
you know not to stick up for some of  "lesser"' gun savy hunters out there that only shoot twice a year before season, but ive seen more wanna be seal types do stupid shit than hunters,,, sorry,but they are at the range more and always show up with anew fangled ar/ak something or other and do something stupid like walk rounds to atarget while commenting on how no terrosit would dare fuck with them. or doing rapid fire at 100yrds spraying everyone elses targets//

chevy ford,,my dogs bigger blah blah,,,, plentyof fuck up to go around these days..... go to the local fun show,,,,, i dont need to say anymore!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
you know not to stick up for some of  "lesser"' gun savy hunters out there that only shoot twice a year before season, but ive seen more wanna be seal types do stupid shit than hunters,,, sorry,but they are at the range more and always show up with anew fangled ar/ak something or other and do something stupid like walk rounds to atarget while commenting on how no terrosit would dare fuck with them. or doing rapid fire at 100yrds spraying everyone elses targets//

chevy ford,,my dogs bigger blah blah,,,, plentyof fuck up to go around these days..... go to the local fun show,,,,, i dont need to say anymore!

I let him run 2 mags thru it... Havent seen anyone smile like that in a while...
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#17]
The horror.  During hunting season I had to avoid the range during weekends for fear of being shot by some idiot trying to zero his rifle, most of them have no clue about range safety.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#18]
So you guys are saying that not a single one of you hunt????
I for one am a avid hunter and very safety conscious so if you don't like me shooting at the range that I pay membership to than that is your tough luck.
Bottom line is don't group all of any one group together. How do you like it when anti's group all gun owners into "gun toting nut jobs that will kill anyone on sight".
Take each hunter as a individual and treat em as such.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:16:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I for one am a avid hunter and very safety conscious so if you don't like me shooting at the range that I pay membership to than that is your tough luck.
Bottom line is don't group all of any one group together. How do you like it when anti's group all gun owners into "gun toting nut jobs that will kill anyone on sight".

+1
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:17:19 PM EDT
[#20]
My Fudd-fu is strong.  I shoot 1 shot to zero in my stainless steel  Weatherby Magnum and then carry my 1 magic  bullet into the field where I slay the mighty ruminant at 500 yds with 1 shot to the eyeball. I have the beast gutted and hung by 1 hr after sunrise and spend the rest of the day watching gungha clean my gear, polish my boots and pack everything away until next season.

Wascally wabbit can't escape the wrath of the FUDD!

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

You are a minority, the majority of hunters I see at the range are very unsafe.  I don't trust them as a rule.

And I have hunted before and know hunters.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:17:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I love it when Elmer shows up. I shoot nothing but pistols and f/a. Love to wait until they are sighting in and let loose with a f/a burst. The look on their faces.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Love it when fall comes around.  All the gun range horror stories come out.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:20:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I love it when Elmer shows up. I shoot nothing but pistols and f/a. Love to wait until they are sighting in and let loose with a f/a burst. The look on their faces.

Way to be an ass.

"Ha ha, look, I made him miss."

Grow up.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#25]
I liked going down there with my 1974 Sharps, throwing cast lead bullets over black powder, iron sights, and getting 1-1.5" groups, when the 'fudds had a hard time keeping 6" or so.  

They always ask me if I hunt with it.  I always have to tell 'em it's a target setup.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:22:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let's place the blame properly. THE GOV'T BANNED AP, NOT T/C!!

Arr matey, that be a rifle round in your pirate pistol?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:24:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Didn't read my post, did you?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#28]
You wont see my Neighbor out at the range this year. He has had the same box ammo for 5 years. He says his rifle shoots dead on all the time.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:32:15 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
You wont see my Neighbor out at the range this year. He has had the same box ammo for 5 years. He says his rifle shoots dead on all the time.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't read my post, did you?

My apologies I guess I got a little hot headed and grouped everyone into the same group (witch I hate to do). I read all the anti hunter posts and yours actually did stand out but it was not the last to be read so I was back to being angry about all the anti hunter's again when it came time to post my reply.

Once again my apologies.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:35:09 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

And I believe him!  see, they are talking pie-plate or milk-jug accuracy at 25 yards. I'm just glad they miss more deer than they wound.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Way to be an ass.

Grow up.

That's not the purpose fellow. It's when they realize f/a is legal and they get wide eyed. A number that come over to talk and look get to shoot them, especially if they have their children with them. Always make sure I have a f/a .22 upper their kids can shoot Try it sometimes rather than being judgemental
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

What the FUCK are you talking about?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:44:06 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Way to be an ass.

Grow up.

That's not the purpose fellow. It's when they realize f/a is legal and they get wide eyed. A number that come over to talk and look get to shoot them, especially if they have their children with them. Always make sure I have a f/a .22 upper their kids can shoot Try it sometimes rather than being judgemental

Love to wait until they are sighting in and let loose with a f/a burst.

This is why I took it the way I did. I don't see how it could be taken as an invite to come and talk.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#35]
I will have you know that not all deer hunters are bad.  I have been hunting for years and have also been shooting since I was a child.  It is shame that some bad apples have ruined the bunch.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Just outshoot the Elmers.  That always shuts 'em up.

Nothing works so well as dumping 30 down range with iron sights and keeping them all in the black,
a trick the Elmers can almost never do.     Hell,  half their rifles don't even HAVE any iron sights!

CJ

All of my scoped rifles still have iron sights.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I will have you know that not all deer hunters are bad.

You're absolutely correct.

I started this thread not so much to bash hunters, but to bash infrequent range users that don't pay attention to anything that goes on around them.  I saw several incidents of unsafe behavior at the range today commited by once-a-year users fumbling around with their guns while the range was cold and people were still downrange.  (At this particular range during a cease-fire, you are not even permitted to approach the firing line, let alone handling guns at the bench.)
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#39]
if they ask you: "whatcha gonna hunt with that?" answer: "Poachers." Thatl shut em up.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#40]
LOLabove
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:29:15 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I will have you know that not all deer hunters are bad.

You're absolutely correct.

I started this thread not so much to bash hunters, but to bash infrequent range users that don't pay attention to anything that goes on around them.  I saw several incidents of unsafe behavior at the range today commited by once-a-year users fumbling around with their guns while the range was cold and people were still downrange.  (At this particular range during a cease-fire, you are not even permitted to approach the firing line, let alone handling guns at the bench.)

Then yur post title should read,  "  The once a year gun users have returned to the range".  But you are correct, it is sad to see.  

Dave
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:38:17 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I will have you know that not all deer hunters are bad.  I have been hunting for years and have also been shooting since I was a child.  It is shame that some bad apples have ruined the bunch.  

It's not really "deer hunters" ... alot of us here hunt .... I do.  It's those complacent redneck(and yes, they are all over the country, not just the south) hunters that don't know a damn thing about firearms, even though they and thier family have been using them for years. They they think hitting a pie plate at 50 yards is "good enough to kill a deer" ... when they miss or wound a deer they think "awe hell, the barrel is bent!" ... they also think a rifle is "ackrit" just because it has a long barrel or a "fast" bullet. All the above is just funny, what is harmfull is their attitude towards black rifles. They think they are somehow hurting thier cause and would be glad to see them banned as much as the liberals.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:40:41 AM EDT
[#43]
an 06 pistol!  That sounds too boss.  Please give me the skinny on this.  Is it difficult to shoot?  What's the range on it?  

Patty
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:41:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Count me as a "knowlageable" hunter.  If I show up with my deer rifle, I will also have the AR and Sig as well.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:42:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Nice.

Here at this board we battle rifle enthusiasts are worried about our hunting counter-parts abandoning us when it comes to the 2nd Amendment and then you have members here bragging about doing their best to offend that group at the range. Way to set us up for success in our fight to keep our part of the sport legal guys, bravo zulu.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:43:17 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
an 06 pistol!  That sounds too boss.  Please give me the skinny on this.  Is it difficult to shoot?  What's the range on it?  

Patty

The Encore pistol is the most popular ... they seem to have a huge "PUSH" rather than real sharp recoil.

A friend of mine has a custom Encore barrel in 300 Win Mag .

The blast is awesome!

sskindustries.com/encore.htm
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:51:28 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patty

The Encore pistol is the most popular ... they seem to have a huge "PUSH" rather than real sharp recoil.

A friend of mine has a custom Encore barrel in 300 Win Mag .

The blast is awesome!

sskindustries.com/encore.htm

Holy cow, I want one.  What's the range?  Anywhere near what my 06 rifle can do?  Patty

*ETA* I got to get me one of these:
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:52:46 AM EDT
[#48]

Deer slugs and bead sights.  Bambi gonna get some.

Shok
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:56:04 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
home.mchsi.com/~quickshok2/Fed_TruBall.jpg

Deer slugs and bead sights.  Bambi gonna get some.

Shok

Diffinately close enough to knock down a deer.  Do you have it sighted in to fire high at 25 yards?  I sight my rifle in so that when I'm aiming dead on it's an inch or two high at a 100 yards.  Were you pulling a little to the left?

Patty
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:07:12 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Holy cow, I want one.  What's the range?  Anywhere near what my 06 rifle can do?  Patty

*ETA* I got to get me one of these: sskindustries.com/encore%20page/encore05.jpg

The velocity will be reduced a bit, but as long as you compensate for it ... I would say the range would be as far as your 30-06 rifle.

You can get into an Encore frame and barrel for around $500. You don't have to start with a SSK  setup, they are much more expensive. TC makes chambers the 30-06 from the factory. I like the 308 in the Encore. My next barrel purchase will be a 260 Remington.

www.tcarms.com/TC_HTML/tc_enc_p_calchrt01.htm

There are tons of new and used barrels and frames on Gunbroker, eBay(barrels), etc ....

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top