Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2005 12:48:05 PM EDT
In another thread  (ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=393294&page=2)  Arfcommers came up with great recipes for pot roast.  Since having our first baby, I've been trying to do more of the cooking.

What other recipes do y'all have for the trusted crockpot.?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
In another thread  (ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=393294&page=2)  Arfcommers came up with great recipes for pot roast.  Since having our first baby, I've been trying to do more of the cooking.

What other recipes do y'all have for the trusted crockpot.?

I like beef, pork, and chicken. so everything is game.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:21:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a kitchen kettle so it is a little different than a crock pot put the same principle applies.  I put a beef roast in with two cans of cream of mushroom soup and one pack of lipton onion soup mix.  Let it cook on about 175-200 for 5 or 6 hours and then add potatos.  Cook until the potatos get tender and it is good.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Bound to be something in here you'll like.
www.nancyskitchen.com/crockpot.asp
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a couple I can drop off with you.

What are your office hours this semester?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:54:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Preparing a meal in the crockpot right now as I type.  Step 1:  Throw a chuck roast into the pot with one can of cream of mushroom soup and another can of french onion soup.  Step 2:  Simmer all day and serve over egg noodles.  It doesn't get any simpler...
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Tagged.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been going nuts with the crock pot for the last week or so.  Basically, I stir fry a little meat of whatever kind in olive oil, garlic, and cumin.  Set the crock pot on low and dump in a can of stewed tomatoes, an 8oz glass of water and a heaping tablespoon of chicken stock, a couple carrots skinned and cut thick, a couple red potatoes scrubbed and quartered, and whatever else is handy.

It's great with pork chops, italian sausage, chicken breast, any kind of beef, whatever you got.  I used to throw in a handful of barley or rice, I prefer barley 'cause it doesn't turn into mush.  Also, a can of black beans is nice to throw in an hour or so before dinner.

It's tough to f@#k up a crock pot dinner.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:25:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

What happened Redbeard?   You sent in an empty post.

Thanks all who responded , any more ideas out there.?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:42:19 PM EDT
[#10]
My favorite when I am out at our hunting camp and want something easy to cook.

1-2 lbs Vension browned in oil or butter
a couple of cans of cream of mushroom or celery soup
1 package of brown gravy mix
a couple of cans of Veg-all mixed vegetables
an onion
Edit: Dont forget to add some water to thin it out a bit

Assemble it in the morning and leave on all day for a nice supper.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:51:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Yepper, you can catch me on Mondays and Wednesdays between 1 and 3 usually.  

Are you going tothe College Republicans shoot out at the Richmond Hill Range?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:09:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Take a large pork roast, pour a can of regular Coke (the sugar type NOT DIET) over it.  Place in the crockpot on low for four to six hours.  Add in spices as you see fit.  The acid in the cola will help break down the meat, makes it very tender.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:15:36 AM EDT
[#13]
I made some awesome chicken wings in ours once. Threw in some wings and legs, filled her up with some texas petes, garlic a little bit of butter, and touch of soy sauce. Let them simmer for a few hours....

Awesome.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:25:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Cook the roast in beer. Add enough water to cover. You can add the veggies too.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:25:41 AM EDT
[#15]
tag
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:32:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yepper, you can catch me on Mondays and Wednesdays between 1 and 3 usually.  

Are you going tothe College Republicans shoot out at the Richmond Hill Range?

I'll try to catch you on Wednesday.

Didn't know about the shoot. What is the date?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Crockpot Creamy Chicken

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast--cut into bite sized pieces
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons butter
1 envelope ranch dressing mix

Combine all ingredients in crockpot, cook on low 4-6 hours.  Serve over steamed rice or noodles (my family likes over rice)

You can also substitute 1 block of cream cheese for the sour cream...and try other "cream of" soups
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Cheesy creamed corn
3 16oz packages frozen corn
11 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup butter, in pieces
3 tablesppon water
3 tablespoons milk
2 tablesppon sugar
6 slices processed cheese

combine all ingredients in crock pot, mix well.  Cover and cook on low 3 hours.  Stir.  Cover and cook 1 more hour on low

Well liked by all, except DFD, who have had it...or so they say
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:52:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Dessert

Minister's delight

1 can cherry or apple pie filling
1 box cake mix (yellow, white, chocolate)
1/2  cup stick butter...cut into pieces
1/3 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Place pie filling in crockpot.  Cover with cake mix.  Dot with butter pieces.  Sprinkle with nuts,
Cook on low 2-3 hours
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:56:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Cranberry pork roast

1 bonless pork loin roast (21/2 to 3 lbs)
1 can (16oz) cranberry sauce (jellied or whole berry)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cranberry or apple juice
1 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 tablespoon corn starch
2 tablesppon cold water
salt to tast

Place pork roast in crock pot.  In bowl, mash cranberry sauce, stir in sugar, juice, mustard and cloves.  Pour over roast.  Cover and cook on low 6-8 hrs.  Remove roast and keep warm.  Skim fat off "juices".  Measure out 2 cups, add water if necessary and pour into sauce pan.  Bring to a boil over med-hi heat.  Combine cornstarch with cold water to make a paste, stir into pan for gravy.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:01:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Shredded pork  burritos

3.5 lb boneless pork loin roast
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 med onion, sliced
3 cloves of garlic peeled
1 cup of water
32oz jar of favorite salsa
tortillas for burritos
whatever fillings you like

brown pork briefly in skillet (approx 5 min, turning once).  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Place onion and garlic in crockpot.  Place pork on top of onion and garlic.  Add water.
Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours until pork is tender.  Remove pork from crockpot.  Allow to cool slightly.  Shred pork using 2 foorks.  
Mix salsa with shredded pork in large saucepan.  Heat to boiling, reduce heat.  Cover and simmer about 5 min.  Serve with favorite fillings in warmed tortillas

approx 16 servings
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:04:19 PM EDT
[#22]

beef roast

24 oz jar greek salad pepers (pepperoncinis)
garlic
small roast

Place roast in crockpot, dump entire jar of pepers and liquid over it.  Add garlic.  Cook on low 10-12 hours
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:06:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Crockpot Stroganoff

1 1/2 lb beef round steak (or stew meat)
4 tablespoons butter
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon paprika
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup water

Cube steak.  Place in crockpot with all ingredients.  Cook on high 1 hours, then low 4-6 hours.  Serve over egg noodles
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:09:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Frozen meatballs in crockpot

swedish meatballs
place frozen meatballs in crockpot.  Add a dash of wostershire sauce.  Add one can cream of mushrooms soup.  Cook 6-7 hours on low or 4 on hight.  Serve over noodels

Strognoff meatballs
Frozen meatball into crockpot.  Handful of diced onion.  Can of cream of chicken soupr.  Cook 4 hrs on high or 6-7 on low.  Stir in 1/2 cup of sour cream.  Serve over rice

meatball subs
frozen meatball in crockpot.  Pour jarred spaghetti sauce over.  Cook  4 hours on high or 6-7 on low.  Serve on hogie rolls with mozarella cheese if desired
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
More Crockpot recipes wanted  

I saw this and I read it as "Crackpot"!

There's a good one where you take a chicken, and lots of veggies that you like--onions , potatoes, carrorts, etc, throw it all in the pot and let it cook and the chicken boils in the juice from the vegges.  Throw in some butter and whatever herbs/spices/seasonings you like.

I wish I had more specifics but I haven't cooked it in years.  It can also be done in an oven on 350F for about 2 hours in a covered baking pan or in a huge oven bag.

One variant is with one Cornish Hen per person.

One dish that makes a full meal.  Really delicious.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top