Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/2/2005 3:55:20 AM EDT
Ever since  I was little I have always felt and believed we all exist in the same place at the same time.

Maybe I was just crazy as a kid and crazy now, to be honest I don't even think we physically exist nor reality.

I feel we live in an illusion we live where we want to live, nothing else and we all live in our own reality. Pain to me isn't pain to you.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:56:36 AM EDT
[#1]
There is no spoon.

wolf
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:56:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I think you should stop mixing Jack and sleeping pills!!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:00:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Ever since I was little I have always felt and believed we all exist in the same place at the same time.

Maybe I was just crazy as a kid and crazy now, to be honest I don't even think we physically exist nor reality.  

I feel we live in an illusion we live where we want to live, nothing else and we all live in our own reality. Pain to me isn't pain to you.

Can I buy some pot from you?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:03:47 AM EDT
[#4]
alllllrighty then.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:08:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:10:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Shrooms are in season, aren't they.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:13:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Of course we exist.  How else can you explain Reese Witherspoon?

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:16:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Of course we exist.  How else can you explain Reese Witherspoon?

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:17:41 AM EDT
[#9]
In Russia, time believes in you!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:25:17 AM EDT
[#10]
How can any one say they are real and the reality around them is real. For all you know my world is the exact opposite of your world, Love for you is hate for me Black to you is white to me etc etc. Perhaps the my feeling of pleasure the same experince to you would be pain.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:27:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Those of us that live in Zion are real.

The ones that live on the surface live in a false reality.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:27:55 AM EDT
[#12]
The snausberries taste like snausberries.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:30:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How can any one say they are real and the reality around them is real. For all you know my world is the exact opposite of your world, Love for you is hate for me Black to you is white to me etc etc. Perhaps the my feeling of pleasure the same experince to you would be pain.

What is the altertative?

Go live at API if you want.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:30:10 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm real, but I'm pretty sure most of you people are just a bad dream
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:32:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Ever since  I was little I have always felt and believed we all exist in the same place at the same time.

I believe in time!
It's time you check yourself in
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:34:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm real, but I'm pretty sure most of you people are just a bad dream

No, we are here and we're not figments.

Total asshole is up there in Alaska, people her have met me
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:34:43 AM EDT
[#17]
My dog just told me to tell you to stop letting everyone in on the secret.

The "time" will come brother.  The "time" will come.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:36:07 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe in time!

Well do you belive you can go back in time? If thime exist in all wouldn't you be able to go back in time? And what is stopping everything from happening at once?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:38:21 AM EDT
[#19]
We could all be living in Plato's cave right now.

faculty.washington.edu/smcohen/320/cave.htm
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:41:13 AM EDT
[#20]
I believe that I'll never get the time back that I wasted reading this thread.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:41:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Reality is what we perceive it to be its that simple.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:42:01 AM EDT
[#22]
How do you know that the color blue looks the same to you as it does to me? Maybe YOUR blue is actually green to me.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:42:22 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I believe that I'll never get the time back that I wasted reading this thread.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:42:47 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe in time!

Well do you belive you can go back in time? If thime exist in all wouldn't you be able to go back in time? And what is stopping everything from happening at once?

Back in time! oh yeah I saw that on Stargate 1 last week

Now stop the crazy talk
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:45:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Does an inch exist? Time is the same thing, simply a way to describe something.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:48:47 AM EDT
[#26]
No see that doesn't work and I will tell you why.  Eveything else  taste like chicken
baring the known meat,  Deer, cow etc.  So there for your blue is my blue
unless drugs are taken.  Only be worried if the sky turns red and your water
is blood.  Then its time.

wolf
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:51:41 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
No see that doesn't work and I will tell you why.  Eveything else  taste like chicken
baring the known meat,  Deer, cow etc.  So there for your blue is my blue
unless drugs are taken.  Only be worried if the sky turns red and your water
is blood.  Then its time.

wolf

How can drugs alter my reality if my world is physical and that is why I my reality is your reality. How can a drug alter that?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:55:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Albert Einstein said:

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

and

"Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."

and

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:57:45 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I think your Reality account is overdrawn...looks like your cheque bounced.

1. Existance exists.
2. Consciousness is conscious.
3. A is A.

What you're describing is difference in perception--my pleasure is your pain--sure.  Those are going to be different.  But in terms of the actual definition of pleasure (something I like, something that is good) and pain (something I don't like, something bad) are pretty universal definitions.

I mean...you've heard the saying:

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me?  

Of course you have, but while some people find whips and chains pleasurable, others would find it...double plus unpleasurable.

Now, go and buy Introduction to Objectivist Epistemology and call me in the morning.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:58:41 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Albert Einstein said:

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

and

"Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."

and

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

Well that just proves I am crazy.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:00:11 AM EDT
[#31]
It sounds like you want to do some reading on philosophy, specifically the concepts noumenal and subjectivism.  Philosophers have been covering this stuff for ages.

ETA:  RyanAR15 provides the right answer, btw.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:01:39 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think your Reality account is overdrawn...looks like your cheque bounced.

1. Existance exists.
2. Consciousness is conscious.
3. A is A.

What you're describing is difference in perception--my pleasure is your pain--sure.  Those are going to be different.  But in terms of the actual definition of pleasure (something I like, something that is good) and pain (something I don't like, something bad) are pretty universal definitions.

I mean...you've heard the saying:

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me?  

Of course you have, but while some people find whips and chains pleasurable, others would find it...double plus unpleasurable.

Now, go and buy Introduction to Objectivist Epistemology and call me in the morning.

You missed my point completley. I know why, because I wrote it while thinking about crazy shit.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:17:54 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

existensialist
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:18:48 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
You missed my point completley. I know why, because I wrote it while thinking about crazy shit.

Woah, wait...hang on here, time out!

You had...a POINT?  Holy shit!

Hey, guys, he had a point!

Just messin' with ya'
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:32:11 AM EDT
[#35]
I sometimes think I might be walking past someone who is from my past or future... or I see a kid or old man who is actually me but a lot younger... or other people I have passed in my lifetime.

Then I take my meds and I'm all better.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:35:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Were just giant batteries living in a perceived reality
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:38:03 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

existensialist

I agree...first thing I thought of.

"I'm trying to FREE YOUR MIND!"
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:08:16 AM EDT
[#38]
I almost dropped this class except I was trying to get in this girls pants. That's real time.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:12:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Time is God's way of making sure that everything doesn't happen at once.

Duh.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:59:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Oh, for the love of Heaven, Oly, PLEASE tell me you are joking.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:05:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Sooo, acid is your friend today huh?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:08:47 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Those of us that live in Zion are real.

The ones that live on the surface live in a false reality.

You ate the red pill too huh?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:09:34 AM EDT
[#43]
One word:

Lithium
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:11:00 AM EDT
[#44]
You have been educated stupid and forsaken TimeCube.

Educated fools can't comprehend Cubicism.

There is proof that 3 dimensional
math is erroneous, and that linear
Time is actually of a Cubic nature.
Ignoring Cubium indicts you evil.

Evil educators suppress
student free speech right
to debate Cubic Creation.
Evil students don't object.

Enjoy your day.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:15:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Realy, life is an illusion?

R. Lee Ermey "Well, no shit."

Jeebus what are you 12?

Go read some classics:  Hume, Bertrand Russel, shit go  reag a little Aquinas and some of those Greek fellers.

Then....come back and act smart,

Or now that you "know" life is meaningless and mearly your on solopsistic dream what are you gunna do about that?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:18:47 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quit your job, give away all your assets, burn your house down, and hell...why not.  Stab yourself with a rusty piece of barbed wire you found in a corn field.

Reality will hit you so hard you wont believe it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:21:47 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Reality is what we perceive it to be its that simple.

No, reality is NOT a matter of perception, reality IS reality.  What you believe has absolutely no bearing on what reality truly is.

Simply put?  1+1=2....no matter what.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:23:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:48:50 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
You have been educated stupid and forsaken TimeCube.

Enjoy your day.

I want you to refund the 15 min I spent on that site...
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:58:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top