Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2005 8:38:20 PM EDT
Cant really find anything specific on FTF sales. Mainly wanted to see if a person under 21 can buy a handgun in a private sale. I know Ive seen it before but cant find it now. And if it matters it would be in Florida.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:42:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#2]
EDIT: 21 only applies to FFL transfers

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats what I thought. I was trying to get a link to show someone. Nothing on any of the sites Ive found actually say that.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I just looked up Florida in the USDoJ State Laws and Published Ordinances - Firearms, you are only prohibited to sell to persons under 18 and applies to all firearms, BB guns, yadda yadda
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:31:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Whered you see that? I went to the florida doj and usdoj and couldnt find it. Anyone else have links to anything else?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:27:05 AM EDT
[#7]
So basically what it is saying is that a person under 21 but at least 18 can buy any weapon not  regulated by the NFA and other acts, i.e. machine guns, DDs, SBRs, and AOWs,  within his own state sate in a face to face transfer. This would basically mean he could get any weapon you normally wouldnt have to fill out forms for except for a 4473.

I was just trying to find something that specially stated that and not just that you cant sell any firearms to people under 18.

Thanks for the help 1Gunner
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:34:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So basically what it is saying is that a person under 21 but at least 18 can buy any weapon not  regulated by the NFA and other acts, i.e. machine guns, DDs, SBRs, and AOWs,  within his own state sate in a face to face transfer. This would basically mean he could get any weapon you normally wouldnt have to fill out forms for except for a 4473.

I was just trying to find something that specially stated that and not just that you cant sell any firearms to people under 18.

Thanks for the help 1Gunner

No. Your state must allow it. The 18 year old restriction is federal. Florida has no law of possession restricting handguns to individuals 21 and older, so you may posess one at 18. No FFL may transfer a handgun to anyone uner 21. Private sale does not fall under that regulation.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:50:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry what I was trying to say was that in Florida a person at least 18 can buy a rifle or pistol in a private sale. It just cant be a sbr or anything of the sort.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#10]
can't buy ammo though hehe
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:59:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
can't buy ammo though hehe

Aint that a bitch though? Oh well Ill be 21 in a couple months. Just didnt want a good deal to get away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top