Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2005 8:14:16 PM EDT
Those of you who follow my threads closely already know that I bought a Nissan 350Z last night. In summary, I opted for the extend 72 month/100,000 mile Gold warranty and I wound up with a higher intrest rate than I should have gotten. According to my dad I got taken and wound up paying  more than I should have.

Well, I took it out today on the freeway a little way outside of town and opened her up a little bit. All I can say is that this car is FUN! Besides, my bank is offering re-fi's on car loans at a better rate than I got through the dealership. I've always driven conservative, reserved cars. I'm not giving this one up for a while.

Oh and I held on to my Lincoln too. This is just gonna be a once-in-a-while car. I'm also shooting for no tickets. One thing that I've noticed already is the multitude of jackasses in Firebirds and Mustangs that want to race. That ain't gonna happen.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#1]
You only live once....keep it and drive the crap out of it.

It's only money and you can always make more.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Re-fi through your bank like I did on Mrs gorilla's Exploder. Knocked 2.5 percent off with good credit.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:22:32 PM EDT
[#3]
350Z is niiiiice, just ask Paul.

I'd take a 350Z, Subaru STi, or Mitsu. Evolution any day. mmm.. fun.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#4]
The 4.0 VQ engine and 6 speed manual in my Xterra is a *BLAST*.  I wouldn't want to drag with your Z but since I got it through break-in (had it 17 days and about 5,100 miles so far ) it hauls ass for a 4k+ pound vehicle.

Nissan is building some *seriously* nice cars.

Run the hell out of yours and enjoy!

PS.  My last one was a 1997 Plymouth Voyager so I can relate your move from "conservative".  
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Just wait until you get your insurance premium bill.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:10:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Sweet, those are nice cars.  I'm a bit partial to my RX-7 though.  Now that you have a speedy car it's time to train yourself to drive it properly, and have a blast at the same time.  NASA (not .gov) does really good high-speed driving schools on racetracks.  Here's a link to the NASA Texas page:

www.nasatx.com/HPDECompschool1.asp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top