Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2005 3:22:51 PM EDT
I recorded it on replay starting with the pilot episode and I've got 10 shows to watch.  I've just now sat down and started watching it, and after the first 20min it seems mediocre.

Am I judging it to quick?

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:26:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I recorded it on replay starting with the pilot episode and I've got 10 shows to watch.  I've just now sat down and started watching it, and after the first 20min it seems mediocre.

I think most don't like it, because they expect a war series to be identical to reality.

So you can guess how much they were dissapointed.

I like it, although some shows I thought were kinda boring, but it's just fictional entertainment.  Take it for what it's worth.  It's no band of brothers.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#2]
It  started out very good but I watched a few episodes and it is turning into a soap opera.  A lot of that shit doesn't happen in real life.  I especially like the blond who who does everybody and goes AWOL and then makes it back to the deployment like nothing happened.

I suspect a shark being jumped pretty darn soon.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:31:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't like it, for two simple reasons. The first was that it was nothing like the reality when I was in Iraq. The second was that it featured every lame stereotype that has ever been in a show or movie about war. Nevermind the two females who somehow managed to get themselves stuck in an infantry unit.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:32:39 PM EDT
[#4]
i like the hot lesbian part at one point!
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:44:57 PM EDT
[#5]
unrealistic liberal crap. Rambo is more intersting and thats saying alot.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I've watched every episode.  I do not see overt anti-war things it.  Yea it shows guys getting killed, or a kid getting caught in the cross fire, but so what?  Stuff happens like that at times.

Yes its contrived.  

Yes it has lame drama, but what show on tv doesn't?  If a show didn't have drama then there is no incentive to keep watching.  Wondering who killed JR is how every show keeps viewers.  If it didn't have drama(however lame it would be) then it would be a documentry.

Yes things magically work out for the primary characters, like Mrs. B getting let off about her AWOL.  But the AWOL was only for one to two days max anyway.

Most importantly of all its a T V SHOW!!!  Name something on at Wedensday at 9 pm thats equal or better.  The goal of TV is entertainment.  I don't need to have a pep rally for my politcal beliefs as an excuse to watch TV.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:56:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I hate it and see to much liberal BS in it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:07:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I watched five minutes of it and came to the conclusion that that was about the gayest shit ever.

YMMV
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I hate it. Makes me really not wanna join the military when I see it...

watching our guys arguing and fighting eachother instead of fighting the war, it just seems like way too much drama
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:02:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I hate it. Makes me really not wanna join the military when I see it...

watching our guys arguing and fighting eachother instead of fighting the war, it just seems like way too much drama

It's a TV show, not a documentary.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:05:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I like the part where one of the soldiers blows a guy in half with a direct hit with an m203 and the hadji's legs keep walking without the upper half for like 5 feet.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:13:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Production values seem to be preatty good.  The writing, not so much.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#13]
While the show itself is "ok", the stereotyping of the characters is pretty stupid, and the writers seem to think that you can pretty much say whatever you want to a superior. Half the shit the characters do in that show would have earn them instant on-the-spot "corrections" by any NCO worth a damn.

This last episode was just idiotic.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#14]
The first episode was bad and turned most viewers off; later episodes are better but will probably not meet your expecations. I think it was a good idea for a show and could have been really good, but turned out kinda lame.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:29:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Soap opera with guns n stuff
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:34:51 PM EDT
[#16]
It's a sad flop.  Don't expect a second season.

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:35:56 PM EDT
[#17]
The ending of the last episode amused me.  When that dumb broad started crying cuz she got that email from the guy in the spectacles about her cheating on him.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The ending of the last episode amused me.  When that dumb broad started crying cuz she got that email from the guy in the spectacles about her cheating on him.

Dim..
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:40:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dim..

?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#20]
They should cancel it and replace it with a new season of Firefly...all in favor say "aye!"
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:44:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Mrs. B, i would hit it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:46:46 PM EDT
[#22]
After last week's episode I finally decided to give up on it. I tried to stick with it, but it was just too lame. I also feel that the lack of discipline exhibited in every show paints the military in an unnecessarily poor light. Now that all the other good shows are on again, there is no point in watching this drivel any more. It's like they hired all the reject writers from all the other war movies and asked them to come up with something "good enough" for cable TV.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
They should cancel it and replace it with a new season of Firefly...all in favor say "aye!"

AYE!
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:55:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dim..

?

That is his nickname.

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:56:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dim..

?

That is his nickname.

I see.  I haven't watched any full episodes until this one.  The only guy I knew by name before was Sgt. Scream.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#26]
They call him Dim because he was dumb enough to drop out of college and enlist.  Plus he was dumb enough to marry his whore/alkie wife and the to get even sleeps with another whore, Mrs. B.

He's the why are we fighting/bleeding heart BS libtard point of view in the show.  Sgt Scream puts him in his place with "Put that shit away, is killing time!"

Its a tv show.  It has guns and doesn't overtly preachy.  Its no Band or Brothers but its the only thing on TV right now thats available as far as war shows.  I like it for what it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top