Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2005 2:29:12 PM EDT
I came back from watching my son play soccer to discover this:

Apparently, a lady driving a F-150 Crew Cab was clipped by a Hoda Civc at the intersection and the driver panicked and stomped on the accelerator (she was going pretty fast to begin with.) She plowed right through the mini-van, jumped the curb and didn't stop until right next to the fire hydrant in the background of the second picture.

I'm just thankful that my wife and boys weren't in the van at the time.  Property can be replaced.  I'm just pissed because our next car purchase was going to be our "fun" car; now it looks like I'm in the market for another van.

ARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!

I need a drink.

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#1]
You had to watch a soccer game?  I am soooooo sorry.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:36:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunately, the van was paid for and we were working at reducing our overall debt (really not that much, but we wanted it to be less, especially with our oldest going to college in two years.)  Now that's right out the window.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:40:41 PM EDT
[#5]
No insurance to pay for any of it?

I ran the backhoe around the my shooting range, did some improvements and went shooting.  Not too bad here
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:44:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
No insurance to pay for any of it?

I ran the backhoe around the my shooting range, did some improvements and went shooting.  Not too bad here

Oh, I have insurance, and so do the other drivers.  I'm just afraid that, since it's a 1998 Villager, the payoff value isn't going to be enough to buy a vehicle that was in as good a condition.  I'll have to see how it shakes out this week.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You had to watch a soccer game?  I am soooooo sorry.

And have a minivan???  Egads, man! Buy a SUV, be an arfcom manly man!!!!!  
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Weedeater and riding mower all day. Drew minimal blood this time around so all in all I would say my day went better than yours. To bad about the van, glad no one was hurt.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
And have a minivan???  Egads, man! Buy a SUV, be an arfcom manly man!!!!!  

I have a mini-van because I have three boys, two of whom are pushing six-feet tall.  I don't have an SUV because gas is too damned expensive and I don't like the idea of buying a car that costs nearly half as much as I paid for my house.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:24:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I replaced my kitchen sink, faucet, garbage disposal, and most of the pvc drain piping.

It is nice.  

Sry bout auto.  Draw down.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:36:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I replaced my kitchen sink, faucet, garbage disposal, and most of the pvc drain piping.

It is nice.  

Sry bout auto.  Draw down.

After the driver of the truck told me that she "didn't know what happened, the accelerator just stuck open", trust me, I wanted to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top