Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2005 11:42:53 AM EDT
The patches that are 2 1/2 inches square are for 30 caliber bores. The 1 inch square patches are for 22 caliber weapons. One size does not fit all.

If you are at the range and jamb a big patch in your AR don't be shy about asking for help. Look for an old grey haired geezer and ask for help. He has probably done just about everyting you can imagine as far as mistakes like this.

Or log on here and ask for help. We need the entertainment.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Or you could skip all the nonsense, and get right to the fix. Take your AR to the pool, and bumpfire the patch out.

(Okay, noob.  Put the AR down. You cannot bumpfire the patch out, and especially not underwater. Suggest this to the gray haired old man, however. We like that entertainment, too.)
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Was this post inspired by a true story?

GM
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup. A young fellow at the range today had a patch stuck in his M-4.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:04:30 PM EDT
[#4]
The patches I get from almost anywhere has a DIAGRAM on the FLIPPIN' back of the package, i guess he missed it
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Mandatory  military service for all males!
That will take care of "cleaning knowledge deficit" I say.

That and a host of other issues.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:12:54 PM EDT
[#6]
You're suppossed to clean it?!?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top