Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2005 7:26:23 AM EDT
Flag video Here
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:34:27 AM EDT
[#1]
what it means to me (the video) is that the Media, Govn' and above all, Famillies are failing to educate our children with important core beliefs about what it is to be American.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:39:41 AM EDT
[#2]
It's pretty?

I like the US flag a lot.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:40:52 AM EDT
[#3]
"I couldnt care less about the flag"

???

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:41:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Makes me damn proud to be an American.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:43:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes.  The flag of the US is important, even though it's just a symbol.

What it stands for is seriously important.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:55:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

???

Explain?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:11:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

???

What I think they meant was the kid had finally seen all the sacrifice and honor that was behind our American flag, his eyes were finally opened.  "But now it meant something to me. It meant something really important.", is what follows that statement.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:14:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

???

What I think they meant was the kid had finally seen all the sacrifice and honor that was behind our American flag, his eyes were finally opened.  "But now it meant something to me. It meant something really important.", is what follows that statement.

Thank you Sir,

I was sure he did make that statement as his own, just curious.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:20:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

???

Thank you Sir,

I was sure he did make that statement as his own, just curious.

No the kid in the video said it. My quoting it with the anger smiley just echoed the above post that it seems like many parents these days dont instil or teach anything about our history, or what that flag really means.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top