Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 9:02:05 PM EDT
I need alot of steal sheet metal bent at mostly 90 degree angles..  The steal sheet metal is about 1/4 of a centimeter thick(16 ga?)...maybe a little less.

I tried bended them by hand but the 90 degree angles wernt good enough....Im looking for GOOD 90 degree angles.

Is there a online company that could this?  I only bought a couple sheets to test out....so I can also buy directly from the company.

Should any machine shop be able to do this?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:04:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I need alot of steal sheet metal bent at mostly 90 degree angles..  The steal sheet metal is about 1/4 of a centimeter thick...maybe a little less.

I tried bended them by hand but the 90 degree angles wernt good enough....Im looking for GOOD 90 degree angles.

Is there a online company that could this?  I only bought a couple sheets to test out....so I can also buy directly from the company.

Also look in your phone book for auto body shops, metal building fabricators, or big welding shops. One of them should have a press break that can handle that stuff.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:06:20 PM EDT
[#2]
HVAC or sheet metal shop... If you were in NY I would tell you to stop by my buddy's place.

They would do it for you without a hassle.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I need alot of steal sheet metal bent at mostly 90 degree angles..  The steal sheet metal is about 1/4 of a centimeter thick(16 ga?)...maybe a little less.

1/4 of a centimeter is pretty thick.  You'd have to have a pretty stout press break for that.  check with a metal fab shop.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:09:29 PM EDT
[#4]
What size is the sheet of steel you need bent?

How many bends?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#5]

How many bends?

Not too big at all.

Maybe 1 foot long by 1inch wide.  I only need 2 bends that will make it look like a deformed "Z"
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:14:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

How many bends?

Not too big at all.

Maybe 1 foot long by 1inch wide.  I only need 2 bends that will make it look like a deformed "Z"

Check your IM

I operate a Cincinnati Press brake for a living......nice easy bends
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:15:20 PM EDT
[#7]
dependig on how many you need,you may want to look for a sheet metal brake.
metal brake.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:27:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I have pieces of 14 and  16 guage like that, that is scrap I use for checking guage allowences
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top