Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2001 5:07:46 PM EDT
I went into wal-mart today to pick up some developed film, they friggin screwed up.  All the pictures were way washed out.  That's not the worst part.  I went over to pick up some 12ga ammo and a brick of .22lr also.  The idiot at the counter didn't know what 12ga slugs were or what 00 buck was.  I had to point out to him where they were on the shelf.  When I asked for a brick of .22lr, he wouldn't give em to me.  He stubbornly insisted that I couldn't buy it because it could be used in a pistol, and I'm 20.  I was shocked and furious to say the least.  I tried to reason with him even pointing out that how could they sell a .22 rifle to a 18-20 year old individual and refuse to sell any ammo for it.  He claimed that clinton's brady law and some class he took said that .22lr was illegal to sell to someone under 21.  I demanded that he check with his supervisor and the supervisor said the same thing.  I gave him an icy stare and told him that I would never set foot in wal-mart again.  Looks like I'll be getting my ammo off the internet and the only other place for reasonably priced ammo near me, a sporting goods store about a half hour away.  Frigging wal-mart sucks.[:(!]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Bastard has a point unfortunately.  Don't tell the A-hole that Thompson Center makes a .308 win. and .30-06 pistol also.

I would have sold it to ya when I worked behind a counter.  I didn't work for Communist Chinese Discount aka-WalMart either.

Doug
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 5:33:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Well maybe WalWorld is staffed by idiots, but you can't go to the other one either, the one with the "K" in their name, so where ya gonna shop?
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 5:38:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I have 5 places within 4 miles to buy anything from common stuff up to .460 Weatherby. [:D] I'm fortunate, and I can choose.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Walmart is paid by the U.S. Government to hire people on welfare. No surprise they are stupid.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 5:53:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Nekkid 80:
Bastard has a point unfortunately
Doug
View Quote

What point is that?  The law doesn't prohibit the sale if it's to be used in a long gun.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#7]
A guy at Sports Authority told me this is a huge hassle for them.  They are dropping their handgun ammo line because of the legal hassles with selling handgun ammo, and he said that .22LR is a problem too because of people under 21 buying it.  I don't blame these stores, I blame Clinton-Gore!

GunLvr
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#8]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/reconxl/analmart2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#9]
usally the guy at the counter asks if it's going to be used in a rifle or handgun. Have you gotten ammo at that store before?
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 7:53:19 PM EDT
[#10]
holy crap, I was just about to post the experience I had at walmart with this, You know how the register prompts them yes or no "is customer over 18" or is "customer over 21" whenever you're buying beer or skoal or any other ATF reg'ed evil items and doesn't proceed with the transaction until they acknowledge? well I was buying some 5.56 and some .22lr. so he does the 5.56 first I see on the screen "is customer over 18" he then scans the .22lr and it says "is customer over 21" I asked him about it, sure enough he says they've started doing this to stop kids from using it it pistols. I asked him how he'd know what an under 21'er is going to do with it, and he says they are supposed to ask, and if they say rifle they are supposed to ask for a description of the rifle (Jim Crow much?) to prove in their wally-mind the kid actually does have a rifle and not a ghetto-blaster. I then asked him what happens if a kid who is of the age he still drinks illegaly but smoke legally wants some 9mm or .44mag for a rifle, and he says if they can do the whole rifle description thing they'll sell it to them happily. (if'n they like the looks of ya)

And EVEN WORSE, in this months AFF mag you should have got today on page 15 wal-marts in new york are making under 21'ers go to a police class (to see if they like the looks of ya,jim crow again?) before they can even purchase long guns!
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Those Wal-Mart workers are just mindless robots. I've seen them ask grey-haired old men if ammo was going to be used in a rifle or pistol, not realizing that it don't matter if you are over 21. They just do what the cash register prompts them to to. I've even had the cashiers ask each other WHY they have to ask about rifle or pistol and nobody there knew.

If I was under 21 I'd go up there with 10 identical boxes of .22 LR and tell them 5 were for rifle and 5 were for pistol - "Whoops! THAT one is a rifle one and THIS one is for my pistol. Sorry!" That would trip them all up.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 9:05:44 PM EDT
[#12]
jesus the walmarts near u guys really suck they hardley ever ask me. and im 19 guess i look older  or something
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 9:48:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Chairborne Ranger:
Well maybe WalWorld is staffed by idiots, but you can't go to the other one either, the one with the "K" in their name, so where ya gonna shop?
View Quote

How about supporing your local gun dealer? Or off the internet?  [url]www.ammoman.com[/url] is a good start.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 10:24:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
usally the guy at the counter asks if it's going to be used in a rifle or handgun. Have you gotten ammo at that store before?
View Quote

Hell, I bought my first .22 there a couple of years ago.  I've also been buying about a brick every 2 months or so.  I've never seen this guy working there before though.  Maybe he didn't like my new ar15.com t-shirt[;D]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 10:32:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How about supporing your local gun dealer?
View Quote

All of our local gun dealers were pretty low volume and stocked mainly hunting rifles so wal-mart drove them out of buisness.  The only dealer in town is the army surplus store.  He has Ar's, Ak's and the like but they are way too expensive.  He has a CETME on a Hesse receiver for $695.  Oly Ar's for $950, and he doesn't stock anything that wal-mart can beat him on, like .22lr bricks.  So I occasionly get stuff there but for most of my centerfire ammo and reloading supplies I go to black sheep in Coeur D'Alene.  Stupid Wal-mart...
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 10:34:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey USPC40 did you notice your last post number???
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 11:58:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hey USPC40 did you notice your last post number???
View Quote

[center][img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/evilpost.jpg[/img] [img]ubb.mcuzi.com/ubb/icons/icon88.gif[/img] [size=3][red][b]Pure Evil[/red]![/b][/size=3][/center]

So does this mean I have to transform into EvilUSPC40 like Jewbroni?

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 5:34:46 AM EDT
[#18]
MY local Walmart does not even sell ammo...too many hassles in PRNJ
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 11:58:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Well Turock here it goes.....

9mm.      Ruger Rifle.
.40 S&W   Ruger Rifle.
.357 Mag  Winchester rifle.
.44 Mag   Many Rifle Manufactures.
.45 ACP   Marlin rifle.

Most poplular handgun ammo is also used in rifles.

If it's a big deal to YOU contact the BATF.

Please read again my first post. Like I said their morons, geeze.  From a legal standpoint good luck, the moron still has a leg to stand on. Next time you go to Wally World ask for a box of each, of the above.

Doug
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#20]
If you live in or near Couer D'Alene, you must surely go to Spokane once in a while. Just buy in bulk the next time you are there. Is there still a White Elephant on Sprague in the valley east of Spokane? That place always had pretty good prices on just about everything related to guns. If nothing else, maybe the Wal-Mart across I-90 from the mall in the valley would be more willing to help you out.

Good luck
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#21]
The only thing gun related i buy at Walmart are the Clay Birds i shoot at
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#22]
[red][size=4] WAL MART SUCKS
I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN
WAL MART SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#23]
One more vote for Ammoman...or reloading although rimfire presents a few problems there.

As soon as Walmart went to this nonsense I swore off going in there and haven't been back since.  It's been years now.  

One thing you can do is a little focused agitating.  Call the store manager.  Write the corporate office.  Some might say you'd be wasting your time but I'm a firm believer in the squeaky wheel getting the grease and the power of the written word.  I've seen letters and phone calls have obvious and immediate results in a number of areas.  Going off on the moron swiping your purchase in front of the scanner serves no purpose other than to piss you both off and limit your ability to influence the situation.  

Turok, try reasoned, logical arguments presented to individuals with some power over the matter and you, hopefully, will see the benefits.  You get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar or some such thing.

CB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top