Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 6:06:35 PM EDT
Well today is my last day of active duty....

I'm running my own construction company with two partners.  

We don't have medical, but want to get something set up.

Anybody out there a small business owner?  Got any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:14:28 PM EDT
[#1]
All I can say is expensive, even if you only go with catastrophic medical.

Thats why the ability for small businesses to be able to pool themselves into a large group will be so important.  That issue is being contested as we speak.  When small businesses are able to pool they will be charged the same amount as large businesses.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Top_prop,

I am an insurance agent here in FL and I specialize in Health for small businesses.  I will be happy to answer any questions you have and can help you find some plans that may fit your needs.  IM me if you like.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got a individual plan quote for my self and my daughter for $260 a month from Blue cross of all people.  Cheapest and best plan I have found so far.  Find a broker that does group plans and they can give you options.  

There may be state programs to look into as well.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Get Fortis short term catastrophic ASAP to protect you while you shop for permanent insurance.

Look at Health Savings Accounts.  I was able to cut my premiums in half.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#5]
This may not be a good option - you need to check the facts.

I'm a USAA member, and contacted them to see if they provided health coverage for my pending business.  They said they acted as brokers for other firms.

I didn't get into any prices, so that may be a bad option - but it is available to you as a mil person.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I am in FL and just left active duty a couple of months ago. Look into becoming a member of Farm Bureau and getting their Blue Cross Blue Shield policy. It is $36 a year for a FB membership. I have a $500 deductible and it costs me $103 a month. Not bad from what I have researched.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top