Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2005 4:00:27 PM EDT
My father has always wanted a good metal detector to search around his house.  Possibly search the new housing developments for a good chance at some Civil War items.   Today he asked me about going half on a 'good' metal detector.  I asked how much and the ones he was looking at are around 800 dollars!!!   On Ebay you can probably knock off a few hundred.

He has a crappy $50 one that he and I have played around with, but we really haven't searched for anything good.   My question, are the 800 dollar models that much better then the el cheapo ones?  Do they actually show you what is under the ground via the display screen?

Give me some info... all knowing Arf com.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a forum for everything on the interweb.

http://gometaldetecting.com/forum/index.php
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Also keep in mind that specific models are optimized for gold prospecting, coin hunting, relic hunting...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top