Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 1:23:46 PM EDT
Just checked out a Toshiba 62" DLP HDTV.  Best Buy wanted 3200 for it.  There are too many damned options anymore.  What type of newer TV's do you people have, and most importantly, do you like them?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:59:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:15:39 PM EDT
[#2]
If a TV that size is gonna fit where you wanna put it, then go for it.  DLP is pretty much the cat's ass in TV technology right now.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:22:50 PM EDT
[#3]
All I can say is that I have a 55" LED Sony WEGA and I wouldn't consider anything else on the market at this time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#4]
sony dlp hdtv.  3 grand and change.  only way to fly.  i can insert sony memory stix from the vid/still camera directly into the tv and have super slide shows/movies.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
All I can say is that I have a 55" LED Sony WEGA and I wouldn't consider anything else on the market at this time.

LED huh? That must be the brightest damn picture, did it burn your eyeballs?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LED huh? That must be the brightest damn picture, did it burn your eyeballs?

As soon as I sent that I knew I was in trouble! LED, LCD, LSD, LDS they're all the same!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:10:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Ohhh you meant a Television

sorry
Taffy
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey older_crow, check out overstock.com for this Tos 62 DLP, but it's recon-ed, and shipping is only $1! It is a great company to deal with and super fast shipping.

www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?page=proframe&prod_id=1505667

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a new HDTV this year, I looked at all the different technologies and decided on an old fashioned philips direct CRT 30" widescreen For $350. It's fantastic in every way. My second choice would have been the 34" SonyDCRT for three times as much money.

Lots of reasons why, price of course played a role, all the flat-screen technologies have drawbacks, none of them can beat DCRT picture quality, particularly when it comes to contrast, and then there's the issues with dead pixels and burn in.

But the number one reason why is that not everything is braodcast in HD, and SDTV looks like complete crap on a 60" fixed pixel display.  You end up wanting to move your seating location 8' or more when switching between HD and SD programming. It just isn't worth it to me yet, but if you've got the money to burn go for it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#10]
That's the one I have, except I opted for the 52" and purchased it new. I've had it eight months and it's running perfect, great pic, especially HDTV.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:34:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

This is exactly what I have. I can't imagine a better TV
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:30:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hey older_crow, check out overstock.com for this Tos 62 DLP, but it's recon-ed, and shipping is only $1! It is a great company to deal with and super fast shipping.

www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?page=proframe&prod_id=1505667

images.overstock.com/f/102/3117/8h/www.overstock.com/images/products/L1135933.jpg

Alright! I'll get that for my skylight!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top