Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2005 9:29:50 AM EDT
Fuckers.

Last Update: 09/30/2005 9:22:37 AM
By: Associated Press

SANTA FE (AP) - A Louisiana family who fled Hurricane Katrina are complaining that a four-star hotel in downtown Santa Fe would not give them free accommodations.

Officials at Eldorado Hotel, where rooms go for $229 to $279 a night say, it was fully booked for the dates Paul Barielle’s family wanted.

Barielle, who says he intends to settle in Santa Fe with his wife and two daughters, says the Santa Fe Hilton treated the family better.

Hilton officials confirm Barielle paid nothing for his room --  including room service on one occasion.

The hotel billed the Federal Emergency Management Agency for four nights at $179.95 per night.

(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:32:59 AM EDT
[#1]

Fuckers.

The Hilton or the squatters?

I vote for both.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#2]
FEMA needs to send the bill back with a big red REJECTED stamped on it. FEMA has already contracted and paid for the cruise ships and are only 1/3 occupied. Let them go there and if they don't like it--off to the Astrodome with ya!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:37:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Fuckers.

The Hilton or the squatters?

I vote for both.

Squators mainly, but yeah the Hotel could be included as well for giving into this shit.   Room service??  WTF??  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Squators mainly, but yeah the Hotel could be included as well for giving into this shit.   Room service??  WTF??  

Sounds like the manager of the hotel is a dickhead for forwarding the bill to FEMA.  He should have turned them out on their asses if they couldn't afford the bill, or operate his own charity and ate the bill.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:49:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:53:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

My sister who lives in Houston told me a story that NOLA refugees went to Sam's Warehouse, took a bunch of stuff and walked out without paying, saying that FEMA would pay for them.  That Sam's decided to close for a few days because of it.

Instead of closing, Sam's should have had them arrested for THEFT!  Jeez.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:58:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top