Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2005 1:45:53 AM EDT
Found on an antique weapons forum:

I searched on amazon UK for books on Martini Henry RIFLES (this last bit is important- you will see why) and got the usual Skellerton books etc Then I saw one listed - "The Martini Henry" by Barrie Hughes. It had no description etc but hell what can go wrong - Well i'll tell you what the **** can go wrong. It arrived today and it is a homosexual novel about quote "a mans love for a boy" I am too mad to post my feelings about this in polite conversation - suffice it to say if I could gift wrap it around a live 450/577 round I would be more than happy to return it a very high velocity. I am about to complain I will let you know. BUT beware fellow Martini Henry enthusiasts They even have a drawing of a short lever MH on the cover. God knows what thats got to do with the book - and I'm NOT going to find out

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:49:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Dude, that so sucks but I hope in a few weeks you can laugh about it as hard as I did!

Just remember that when you stop being pissed about it that it will make a great funny story to tell.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:24:34 AM EDT
[#2]
So, did you read it????????

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:47:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I think he found this post from someone else on another forum.

It is kind of funny, in a completely sick and very wrong kinda way tho.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:55:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Or it’s his way of posting this without admitting it was him.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:01:50 AM EDT
[#5]
That's just wrong on every level.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:53:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It wasn't me. I don't live in England so my orders from Amazon UK are far and few between.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:13:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It wasn't me. I don't live in England so my orders from Amazon UK are far and few between.

So you say.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top