Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 10:37:00 PM EDT
What night sites are made out of metal. I will be putting these on a glock 17. I would like the front and rear sites to be different colors, and would like them to be made out of all metal. I dont know if this is possible, is it? Also Does anyone know what kind of night sites come with glocks from the factory (brand, colors, and are they plastic or metal). Finally will it be cheaper to buy one with fixed factory regular sites and then add on the night sites or the other way around thanks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:43:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Tirjicon: www.trijicon-inc.com/user/parts/parts_new.cfm?categoryID=7

Looking here you'll find these are Metal bodied nite-sights.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:00:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Glock night sights
1st choice-Heinie slant pro straight 8 no white ring around tritium vial
2ndchoice-Novak single rear bar/front dot white ring around tritium front dot only
3rd choice-Custom glock racing operator-racer cut-3 dot with wider rear notch-no white ring around tritium vial.
Head on over to glocktalk.com you should find most pix there.All 3 choices are good for duty,CCW and tactical.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:06:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:04:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone know if the night sites that come on the glocks from the factory are fixed metal night sites. If so what brand are they, and do they offer more than one choice of fixed metal night sites. Thanks alot guys for the info.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone else? Please.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#6]
the glock factory night sights are metal.  Don't know if they come in different colors or who makes them.  Call glock customer service and ask them if you want definite answers.  They are very helpful.  

I used to have a set of trijicons on a glock 22, they slowed me down quit a bit.  I don't know why but in the day I just don't seem to pick up the front sight post nearly as fast.  I like the stock stuff better.  A lot of people say that if you can't see your sights then you can't identify your target for a shoot.  I say thats bull, there are plenty of scenario's I can think of where that wouldn't be the case.  But I am just faster with the stock glock sights during the day, and I figure if its dark they can't see me either and I know that I can probably point shoot better then they can.  Most douche-bag criminal's don't go to the range every weekend.  Just one more reason that it is important for the pistol you choose to fit your hand and point naturally.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:32:24 PM EDT
[#7]
the glock night sights are metal and the inserts and saphir lens is made by meprolight, I like mine alot.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:00:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone know what kind of warrenty comes with a glock. I tried to find it on their web site but dont see any info about warrenty on there. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top