Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2005 7:26:20 PM EDT
This movie looks pretty good.  It reminds me of a Russian version of Black Hawk Down.

9 Rota

Plot: The soldiers of the 9th Company 345th VDV Regiment set out on a mission to capture and hold a critical hill to ensure that a supply column passes safely. They have to defend their position against an overwhelming force of Pakistani "Black Storks" led by Usama bin Laden. Much of the events in the film have been reconstructed in accordance with former soldiers of the 9th Company, they even use a recording of an actual radio exchange that happened between OBL and the 9th during the fight.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it come with english subtitles?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:06:19 PM EDT
[#2]
You do realize UBL played a very very minor role in the Soviet-Afghan war.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Its looks like it was pretty well done i would sure like to take a peek if it has subtitles
Im sure if it is anygood it will turn up with english subtitles
I guessing they do have a hard time getting props
Here's $100 Ill take those 2 hinds over there
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:08:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Finally a movie with real Hinds in it!

That looks pretty cool, that Russian babe standing there naked looked pretty hot too.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:11:55 PM EDT
[#5]
tag
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:14:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Tag.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope you can get that with subtitles.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:32:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like it was just released the other day in Moscow, so who knows how long an American DVD release will take...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Tag.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:36:29 PM EDT
[#10]
What is the name of the movie in english? 9Rota or 9 Rota? yeah they need english subtitles....
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#11]
soooo tagged
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#12]

What is the name of the movie in english? 9Rota or 9 Rota? yeah they need english subtitles....

Im pretty sure its "9 Rota".....but in Russian is spelled with a "P"...so I guess its "9 Pota."

Heres the website.

www.9rota.ru/

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:54:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I love the fucked up irony of life. Now we praise the commies and the Afghan "freedom fighters" are "evil". Did'nt we make a movie about Rambo helping the "jihadis" defeat the soviets?
Or that movie "the beast"?? Maybe if we paid more attention to who our "enemies" and "allies" are we would'nt be in such deep shit all the time.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:09:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Looks like it was just released the other day in Moscow, so who knows how long an American DVD release will take...

Screw that, I have family in Poland... can you say schwing?!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:14:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I love the fucked up irony of life. Now we praise the commies and the Afghan "freedom fighters" are "evil". Did'nt we make a movie about Rambo helping the "jihadis" defeat the soviets?
Or that movie "the beast"?? Maybe if we paid more attention to who our "enemies" and "allies" are we would'nt be in such deep shit all the time.

can't you just accept that it looks like it'll be a cool movie?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:15:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

You need to get back on your medication and stop hallucinating things that are not there.

Cut back on the tiresome hysterical knee-jerk BS.

I see a lot of comment on a Russian movie people would like to see nothing praising the Soviets.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:41:24 PM EDT
[#17]
looks pretty kool, I would get it if it's subtitled sometime.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:43:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I can't be the only one that was cheering the tank crew from The Beast...

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:44:00 PM EDT
[#19]
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:47:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

No they are not.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:02:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I just got back from Russia Saturday night... From Moscow to Barnaul to Novosibirsk to St. Petersberg...just about every billboard in the country had an advertisement for this movie. I asked a few folks about this movie and they didn't know much about it. I will surely get a copy of this on DVD, but the format will be in the Russian/European format... which, by the way, PC's with DVD players can play it... but, you will need a Multi-system DVD player to watch it on your TV/Home Theater.

I doubt this movie will make it to the US for release...

Y-
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

M-O-V-I-E, say it with me now, MOVIE.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Well, if only the russians would have been more effective tnhey might have gotten OBL.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#24]

REALITY, Say it with now REALITY. This movie is based on real events, or did you skip that part?

You need to get back on your medication

Who told you? How did you know i was on medication? Was it the FBI or the NSA? I want names!

Lastly,

Maybe if we paid more attention to who our "enemies" and "allies" are we would'nt be in such deep shit all the time.

I'm not blaming America for creating OBL but plain fact is we did help support him and other Mujahadeen in the name of opposing the commies. Just like we did with Saddam against Iran, but these people play us for suckers! They hate us but they'll take our Money then it ends up being a problem for us later. And the media and the hollywood propaganda machine tell us "who our friends and enemies" are based on bad policy.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

REALITY, Say it with now REALITY. This movie is based on real events, or did you skip that part?

So Stallone single handedly kicked a bunch of commie ass?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:52:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I'm not blaming America for creating OBL but plain fact is we did help support him and other Mujahadeen in the name of opposing the commies. Just like we did with Saddam against Iran, . . .

False. We did NOT "help support" OBL. During the Iran-Iraq War, we helped both sides at one time or another, although most of our help for Saddam was information. It was in our best interest that neither side won that war . . . Saddam's Iraq was a Soviet client state, in fact.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:38:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Can't watch the trailer (dial-up) but I'd still like to see this if it comes to the USA with subtitles.

If Hollywood had done this, Bin laden would be made into the good guy.

Scott

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
So Stallone single handedly kicked a bunch of commie ass?

Yeah, dude.  Didn't they teach you about the Battle of St. Louis in history?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top