Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2005 6:10:52 PM EDT
this is actually for my ex g/f

Is there an online version of the US constituition I can look at.  What does everyone else think about this? NOT amendments, but articles.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Google is your friend

Articles of Confederation
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Google is your friend

Mother of God

Articles of the Constitution, not the Articles of Confederation!
The different sections of the Constitution are articles.

LuxanTry Here
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:18:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I have to find two constitutional provisions that may be affecting the federal, state, and local response to Katrina, whether improving the response or slowing it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:24:17 PM EDT
[#4]
thank you.   if anyone can help or give they're opinions that would be appreciated.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Google is your friend

Mother of God

LuxanTry Here

Oops  I just like typing Confederation
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:01:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Google is your friend

Mother of God

LuxanTry Here

Oops  I just like typing Confederation

Doesn't everyone?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought you were commenting on the fact that the Second costitutional convention illegally ratified a new constitution (our current one) when their stated purpose was simply to revise the Articles of Confederation...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have to find two constitutional provisions that may be affecting the federal, state, and local response to Katrina, whether improving the response or slowing it.

I still don't understand what you're asking.

You mean you need to find several portions of the US Constitution that may or should be amended in response to... the events around a single hurricane!???

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Why do you want to help your ex-girlfriend?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:24:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Umm... so she can spend more time fucking the guy she dumped him for rather than doing her own homework?

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:28:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Umm... so she can spend more time fucking the guy she dumped him for rather than doing her own homework?

That sounds about right.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Why aren't you allowed to consider Amendments?

Amendment X comes readily to mind:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

-The powers not given to the Federal government in the constitution are reserved by the States.

The constitution does not give the Federal government the power to spend taxpayer money on local disaster relief or improvement.  Therefore it does not have the power to do so.

One has to wonder if any elected official takes their oath of office (to uphold and defend the constitution) seriously.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top