Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2005 4:01:13 PM EDT
Hi guys,

I'm fairly new to bird hunting and was wondering how far North I will have to go to find a few partridge or woodcock.  I live in Portsmouth and I know they are few and far between down here.  Are there any bird hunters out there?   I know you dont want to give away your spots.....but, any help / advice is appreciated.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:58:04 PM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:51:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll pass this on to another NH member tomorrow, he should be able to help you.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:16:07 AM EDT
[#3]
thank you
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:31:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Try posting in the hunting forum at www.northeastshooters.com
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'll pass this on to another NH member tomorrow, he should be able to help you.  

Try hunting these areas..

Bear Brook Park.. Watch out though , part of the park is Bow Hunting only... Keep aneye on the signs. Good for partridge, pheasants and turkeys.

Clough State Park..Partridge, pheasants and turkeys at the north western part of the park.

New Boston. Partridge, rabbits and pheasants.

Bradford. Partridge, pheasants and turkeys.

East Washington. Partridge, Rabbits and turkeys.

Croydon. Partridge.

Pittsburg NH. Rabbits and partridge. Know the difference between grouse and partridge.. You don't need dogs, and yes look up. You will find most of the birds in the trees. Just don't aim straight up over your head with the shotgun directly under the bird.

Spruce Grouse

NH Fish and Game, Small game

Fall turkey hunting is Bow Hunting only with a permit(tag)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top