Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 3:37:27 PM EDT
How long should I wait before filing a compliant with PayPal that an eBay auction item was never received. The UPS tracking # indicates that the shipping info was electronically received but there is no other tracking info.  The item was supposed to be received on 9-28. The seller hasn't responded to either an eBay message or an e-mail. TIA
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Your most likely out of luck. I've been stiffed on ebay twice using paypal. You'll file your claim then paypal/ebay will go through there motions. good luck
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:57:44 PM EDT
[#2]
It was a credit card PayPal transaction. I'll dispute the charge with the credit card company.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:00:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It was a credit card PayPal transaction. I'll dispute the charge with the credit card company.

before you do that, clean out your paypal account and remove their access to your bank accounts. otherwise they fuck with you because your supposed agreement with them says you'll let them settle disputes instead of the credit card company.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:01:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

before you do that, clean out your paypal account and remove their access to your bank accounts. otherwise they fuck with you because your supposed agreement with them says you'll let them settle disputes instead of the credit card company.

+ A BIG ONE!!!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#5]
You are only talking a day or two late. I would suggest you wait a few more days then file a complaint.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:06:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I have had paypal help me on a couple with no probs.

The only one that got me was way back, you had to give the seller 30 days b4 filing. I waited and went to file and found out, now it has to be within 30 days.

You can file and then remove the complaint if it ends up being a legit excuse.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:08:01 PM EDT
[#7]
You will have much better luck with your credit card company.  Definately go that route.

As for PayPal, you probably only have like a 45 day window to start their process.  So, definately get the ball rolling there as well.

And lastly, if you have the seller's name and location, call the servicing Law Enforcement and file a fraud complaint.

I got stiffed for an EoTech, and my credit card company was pretty quick to reimburse me.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=109&t=268631
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:10:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No bank account and no money in PP account. What about the $1000 PayPal insurance that's supposed to kick in?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You will have much better luck with your credit card company.  Definately go that route.

As for PayPal, you probably only have like a 45 day window to start their process.  So, definately get the ball rolling there as well.

And lastly, if you have the seller's name and location, call the servicing Law Enforcement and file a fraud complaint.

I got stiffed for an EoTech, and my credit card company was pretty quick to reimburse me.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=109&t=268631

Damn you have more patience then I do. Thanks for the link. Did MBNA issue a final credit and close the case or is it still pending?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#10]
MBNA credited my account pretty quickly.  I've been with them for over 5 years, so I'm guessing that may have helped?   Yep, case closed.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:03:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Your most likely out of luck. I've been stiffed on ebay twice using paypal. You'll file your claim then paypal/ebay will go through there motions. good luck

Bullshit.  You dont know WTF you are talking about.  I sent money twice and both ebay and Paypal coughed up the money when the person did not deliver.

You have 30 days to file a claim.  If the stiffer does not replay to their inquiries in 10 more days the money is credited to your account.  Ebay will insure your item but will take a $25 fee.  

You just have to jump through their hoops but its pretty safe and secure and you WILL get your money back.

ETA: you have to give them enough time to ship to you but you need to file BEFORE the 30 days is up or you are screwed.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Now here is interesting bit.  I ordered an item for $200 through ebay.  The seller never contacted me nor shipped the item.  So I filed with ebay and they sent me a check for $175.  So OK, I lost $25 but at least I got some of my money back.  So 1 to 2 months go by and I get home and there is a big ass box on my porch.  I didnt order anything so I open the box and holy shit, the guy delivered, just late thats all.  So I got a check and got the item.  I never cashed the check and still have it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:11:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:13:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I've been had both ways by PayPal...

A buyer claimed that he didn't receive the product(even though the person that signed for it had the same last name as he did...but at a different address - the purchaser had called UPS with a tracking number and had it diverted to a different address), PayPal's buyer protection wouldn't apply - because it didn't go to the confirmed address.  PayPal wouldn't even listen to me after I told them it was a rifle barrel(they actually were fairly helpful until they asked what the product was)...., they pulled up the UPS tracking number, saw where it was delivered, and that it wasn't their address...end of story.  No matter that I had a copy of the UPS label where I shipped it.  

Then, I purchased a Redfield Olympic sight from a fellow off another websites equipment exchange.  It never showed up, and the guy wouldn't return my emails.  So, I went to PayPal about 20 days later, gave them the information and forwarded the emails and the original selling post.  They said the product was against their code of conduct or some line of hooey, wouldn't investigate and wouldn't return the money either......

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
For a few thousand dollars I can straighten this out for you....

My SO is quite amused. She said to me this morning "So is this where you're going to spend $10,000 to get back $200?".
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:34:53 PM EDT
[#16]
For $10k I think there would be several of us that would be up for a road trip.  Not to mention some of us that are out work may need a little to pay some bills.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
For $10k I think there would be several of us that would be up for a road trip.  Not to mention some of us that are out work may need a little to pay some bills.

I can always use someone who is good with a cold speculum.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:22:58 PM EDT
[#18]
do the request seller information, you should find it on the page of what you won. this will get you the phone number of the seller. call him and leave a message if no one answers.

i have had 2 deals gone bad and i got all my money back. like the other guy posted i waited 2 weeks for a brake caliper. i did the dispute got the money back then after 3 weeks the caliper showed up. the guy wrote the address really sloppy and the post office had been bouncing the package all over the city with similar address. its easy most of the time to get a paypal rep on the phone. i dont know about all the horror stories i have 40 transactions with only 2 bad and like i said i got the money back within 2 weeks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top