Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 1:16:54 PM EDT
I know sex and looks don't make for a relationship, but it is a big component.  

So, how important is it REALLY?  

Can it make up for other issues or (slight) deficiencies in a relationship?  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't build a home without wood.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Very.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:21:51 PM EDT
[#3]
No attraction, no interest.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

required.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Very.  

+1

How useful is a BOTD post w/o pics?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Very.  

+1

Lemme see what I can do lol

ETA.  I've decided that women my age are crazy, next step is to try a younger one that isn't as jaded.  Not to far off.  Yes she is 18, BARELY
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:38:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks are not everything, but you have to be able to wake up beside them and not flip out.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Very important and the maker and breaker of many a relationship.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:39:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Very important. Both the attraction and sexual compatibility.

Pie is what makes her special and she better have good pie. Otherwise it is a room mate or maid.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

It's important, but what kind of deficiencies are you talking about?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

No, but personality only goes so far...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#12]
the girl can't be butt ass ugly.  i mean i don't want to get sick when i look at her.
the zoo keeper should not warn me to stand still while he puts her back in a cage.
people should not jog by and ask me to help them roll her back into the ocean.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:44:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Very.  

+1

ETA.  I've decided that women my age are crazy, next step is to try a younger one that isn't as jaded.  Not to far off.  Yes she is 18, BARELY
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Pg-13%20body%20art/a036.jpg

do they come with tits?
"i need some mams to go with tha hams."  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:45:31 PM EDT
[#14]
As someone who has been married for 12+ years,I can tell you,sex had better not be important to you if you want to stay marriedOnce you have that ring throught your nose,er on your finger,you will be shocked at the poon that will try too tempt you once you are spoken for,this is just proof to me that marridge and temptation are both the work of the devil
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Very important,

but a relationship has to happen on it's own in the beginning, then the work starts.... Best of Luck
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:48:38 PM EDT
[#16]
You're wrong.  There HAS to be attraction.  When I first saw my wife's flowing long brown  hair cascading over her breasts, I was hooked.  . . . .pardon me for a moment. . .. ok-I'm back.  You won't stay  happy with an ugly fat chick for long-unless you live in a trailer park.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:51:03 PM EDT
[#17]

As far as deficiencies, I don't know, it depends.  Every relationship is different.  

If sexual compatibility is important, then If the sex is AMAZING and the two of you really get off on each other, that should go a long way toward making other parts of the relationship good too, right?  

What if there is very little sexual attraction or compatibility, what then?  

Guys, don't mess up my thread with BOTD pics.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Cash up front is all that is necessary.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:53:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Very.  

+1

do they come with tits?

Like ACOGs, they are a nice option but just cost to damn much.  It's cause she's leaned back.  Only other pics I have to show are COC violations.  And I don't know fuck all about covering parts and putting them up.  But I'll try.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Like ACOGs, they are a nice option but just cost to damn much.  It's cause she's leaned back.  Only other pics I have to show are COC violations.  And I don't know fuck all about covering parts and putting them up.  But I'll try.

Just send the pics to me and I'll take care of the CoC corrections for you.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:01:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Sexual compatiblity is important.  
Personality compatibility is important.
Intelligence is important.
Philosophy is important.
She needs to treat me right, esp. with all the crap I've been through.

If she wants money, presents, dinners w/o recriprocity...well she can take a hike.

Physical attraction has taken a distant second to the above.  I've been screwed waaay too many times by good looking girls (dime a dozen anyway), esp. ones that expect to get whatever they want from a guy because they look good.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Good looks are natures way of tightening the noose.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:04:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just send the pics to me and I'll take care of the CoC corrections for you.

Well I looked, and it turns out she doesn't have any.  Gotta find myself a new dream girl.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
You're wrong.  There HAS to be attraction.  When I first saw my wife's flowing long brown  hair cascading over her breasts, I was hooked.  . . . .pardon me for a moment. . .. ok-I'm back.  You won't stay  happy with an ugly fat chick for long-unless you live in a trailer park.  

I dont know how old you are or how long you have been married,but it dosnt matter how you feel,it will all be up to the wife(she owns all the poon).I would hit my wife everyday and twice on sunday,but unless you want to commit rape,after 12 yrs marridge you will not get lovin,sorry to be the one to break this to you and I hope you are the exception to the rule,but I doubt it
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Very.  

+1

do they come with tits?

That turn into saggy sacks of flab?  No, that looks just fine.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:09:05 PM EDT
[#26]
do they come with tits?
----------------------------------
I don't want or need big cans.. an A or a B is all I need... different strokes for different folks.. I prefer lean and skinny IMO..

Nice butt and nice legs go a really long way towards masking that annoying think you don't like...

IMO the biggest relationship mistake I made was trying to keep a girl my own age..

Now I date a girl 4 years younger than me and she damn well knows her place...

built the way I want....

this might sound cheauvanistic (sp?) but I really think to have a "one up" on your SO means she gets what she wants and you get what you want because she doesn't get unless she gives..

jaded women that are trampled feel they expect 100% devotion before they put their 85% in the ring... maybe someday you'll see 95% at best...

Fuck that... youngins are where it's at... I get all the young girl features, I make the rules, she's just happy to have someone that wants her and ONLY her..

I think it's a damn fair trade...

IMO 8-10s are a waste of time if you don't want to bend over backwards to get 70% of her attention devotion.. Treat a 7 like a 10 and she'll never treat you wrong..   (maybe)

And forget marriage... she can hope and wish for as long as she wants but that ring is like the retirement gift gold watch for your schlong... "thanks for your years of service penis but we won't be needing you anymore.. maybe you should take up a hobby like whittling..."
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:14:34 PM EDT
[#27]
You can't underestimate the importance.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:16:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Let's just say this: You can love just about anyone. Make sure they are someone you can stand to live with too.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:28:26 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Let's just say this: You can love just about anyone. Make sure they are someone you can stand to live with too.

+1, it's a good thing to have, but it's more important to know you can actually live with the person.  Their attitude, intelligence, personality, all those things.  It's like, what do you want, some crazy liberal bitch you can't stand who's hot and great in bed, or a girl who believes as you do, is fun to be around, is nice enough that you can take her home to mom, but a little homely looking and not really all that sexual ?  No guys, you can't have both.  I know this is ARFCOM and everything but...yeah.  If you do find someone who is stable yet great in bed, you're a lucky man.  But most of us aren't going to find that.  Really a matter of your priorities, are you looking at getting laid/having a trophy to show off, or are you looking at having a life partner and best friend ?  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:30:56 PM EDT
[#30]
I considerd personality and compatibilty more important than sexual attraction. As long as she is no butt ugly think of it,after you do the deed you still have to talk to them.and when they get older the personality aspect becomes more important. Most women don't age well.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Relationships usually start with sexual attraction, and compatibility is essential to long-term success.

But friendship and trust are equally important for staying together (unless you've simply agreed to be sex buddies, which can be good too).
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:33:17 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
As someone who has been married for 12+ years,I can tell you,sex had better not be important to you if you want to stay marriedOnce you have that ring throught your nose,er on your finger,you will be shocked at the poon that will try too tempt you once you are spoken for,this is just proof to me that marridge and temptation are both the work of the devil

Yep...marriage isn't worth it.  In any way at all.  Stay single and get some ass once and awhile.  If they become a hassle, ditch them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:35:31 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

How true. How very, very true.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:02:51 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
You can't underestimate the importance.

That's an interesting response.  

So, if there is little to no attraction, and little compatibility, then is it doomed?  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:06:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Very very critical.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#36]
It would HAVE to be there to some degree to work.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#37]
No physical attraction - no reason for me to pursue.

That being said, none of my past GFs would have been considered real lookers. Easy on the eyes, yes, but their personalities is what really got my motor running.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:52:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Pretty fucking important, as is friendship, and actually liking the other person. Having some things in common is nice too.

I have date women who were fucking beautiful and the sex was out of this world... However, I could barely stand to be around them, dinner was about all I could handle., some of them just got of my last fucking nerve...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Put out or get out.  Ass, gas, or grass........no smoking zone, I got a full tank. You do the math.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

required.

+1  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#41]
She has to look good, be able to cook and do her chores. What other components are there to a relationship?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:20:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#43]
She gives me a boner.

And dinner.

Love is bliss.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:39:48 PM EDT
[#44]
To the guys I say...

Looks is not nearly as important as her enthusiasm.  A plain girl that likes to make love with you is far better than a "10" you have to beg.

To the gals I say...

If you want to keep your man home, you have to keep him satisfied.  If you don't think sex is important in your marriage, don't complain when he gets what he needs from someone else.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:54:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Very Important, you have needs and she has needs.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:16:50 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Sexual compatiblity is important.  
Personality compatibility is important.
Intelligence is important.
Philosophy is important.
She needs to treat me right, esp. with all the crap I've been through.

If she wants money, presents, dinners w/o recriprocity...well she can take a hike.

Physical attraction has taken a distant second to the above.  I've been screwed waaay too many times by good looking girls (dime a dozen anyway), esp. ones that expect to get whatever they want from a guy because they look good.  

That's pretty well said.  

Something else that I have found important----humor and a positive attitude-----life, is, afterall, a balancing act---and, believe me, not all that glitters is gold. My suggestion would be to avoid humorless people, and, for God's sake, don't marry one.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:17:59 AM EDT
[#47]
There needs to be a hint of attraction at the beginning for me--a few features that set me off.

After that, personality accounts for the rest. I've dated a few guys that weren't "hot" by my girlfriends' standards, but their personalities made up for anything they thought they lacked.

Attraction is easy at first; the key is to keep it fired up.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:29:12 AM EDT
[#48]
From a recent email I received...

"I never quite figured out why the sexual urge of men
and women differ so much. And I never have figured out
the whole Venus and Mars thing. I have never figured
out why men think with their head and women with their
heart.

FOR EXAMPLE: One evening last week, my girlfriend and
I were getting into bed. Well, the passion starts to
heat up, and she eventually says "I don't feel like
it, I just want you to hold me."

I said "WHAT??!! What was that?!"

So she says the words that every boyfriend on the
planet dreads to hear...

"You're just not in touch with my emotional needs as a
woman enough for me to satisfy your physical needs as
a man." She responded to my puzzled look by saying,
"Can't you just love me for who I am and not what I do
for you in the bedroom?"

Realizing that nothing was going to happen that night,
I went to sleep.

The very next day I opted to take the day off of work
to spend time with her. We went out to a nice lunch
and then went shopping at a big, big unnamed
department store. I walked around with her while she
tried on several different very expensive outfits. She
couldn't decide which one to take so I told her we'd
just buy them all. She wanted new shoes to compliment
her new clothes, so I said lets get a pair for each
outfit. We went onto the jewelry department where she
picked out a pair of diamond earrings. Let me tell
you...she was so excited. She must have thought I was
one wave short of a shipwreck. I started to think she
was testing me because she asked for a tennis bracelet
when she doesn't even know how to play tennis. I think
I threw her for a loop when I said, "That's fine,
honey."

She was almost nearing sexual satisfaction from all of
the excitement. Smiling with excited anticipation she
finally ! said, "I think this is all dear, let's go to
the cashier."

I could hardly contain myself when I blurted out, "No
honey, I don't feel like it."

Her face just went completely blank as her jaw dropped
with a baffled WHAT?"

I then said "Honey! I just want you to HOLD this stuff
for a while. You're just not in touch with my
financial needs as a man enough for me to satisfy your
shopping needs as a woman." And just when she had this
look like she was going to kill me, I added, "Why
can't you just love me for who I am and not for the
things I buy you?"

Apparently I'm not having sex tonight either. "
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
And forget marriage... she can hope and wish for as long as she wants but that ring is like the retirement gift gold watch for your schlong... "thanks for your years of service penis but we won't be needing you anymore.. maybe you should take up a hobby like whittling..."

OMFG!!@

That is the funniest shit I've heard all week!@!

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

True. Someone on arfcom said a few days ago, "You can love someone you hate. It's something different to actually like a person."

Quoted:
To the guys I say...

Looks is not nearly as important as her enthusiasm. A plain girl that likes to make love with you is far better than a "10" you have to beg.

Oh yeah, definitely. I would rather have a "5" that wanted it all day every day than a "10" who gives it up every 2 months or so and is probably always looking for the BBD anyhow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top