Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2005 11:30:59 AM EDT
After about my whole time having a mustache i just shaved the damn thing off. Now every time i shave it with my mach 3 i get cuts and nicks . So i was wondering what electick shaver should i get for my mustache to get a close clean shave.

And im OK to spend $60-100 for a electric shaver.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't remember the cost but I love my Braun with the clean and charge. Get the cheapest model cause they all work the same
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:38:45 AM EDT
[#2]

How long have you been at it with the Mach 3?  It will (seriously) level out your skin after a while, and the skin will toughen up a bit.  You might try an aloe/moisturizing shaving cream if you don't already.

I've always had good luck with the screen razors (Braun) and terrible luck with the little round-head razors (Norelco).  I just bought an el-cheapo $5.99 AA-powered electric (screen) razor with trimmer at Wal Mart, figuring that even if it was crap I could tear it apart and make something interesting.  Wouldn't you know, damn thing works pretty well!  It's in my travel kit now.

Jim
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree with the Braun .
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:04:08 PM EDT
[#4]
BRAUN SUCKS! Buy a Panasonic, search on amazon.com.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
BRAUN SUCKS! Buy a Panasonic, search on amazon.com.

had several Panasonic shavers and they sucked, never shaved close enough.
Thats why I got a Braun
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:37:02 PM EDT
[#6]
If your beard grows tough -and thick/full like mine then there's no hope for using an electric razor. I tried many brands in the past and I currently have a Braun and a Norelco, both of them are good quality electric shavers but niether of them can give me a halfway decent shave.

I wish they would work for me, it sucks having to shave with a razor every day.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I don't remember the cost but I love my Braun with the clean and charge. Get the cheapest model cause they all work the same

Ditto.
Always clean and ready.

And it's cool to empty the cartridge every few months to check out your beard-gunk.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:36:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ditto.
Always clean and ready.

And it's cool to empty the cartridge every few months to check out your beard-gunk.

drink it, I dare ya
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If your beard grows tough -and thick/full like mine then there's no hope for using an electric razor. I tried many brands in the past and I currently have a Braun and a Norelco, both of them are good quality electric shavers but niether of them can give me a halfway decent shave.

I wish they would work for me, it sucks having to shave with a razor every day.

+0.5.

I have thick curly dark hair that is a bitch. Even a real old fashioned razor won't get me clean shaven. I got the expensive braun model with the automagic cleaner, and I think it works well enough. It gets almost as close as a safety razor, but takes half the time.

So, if you don't mind being slightly scruffy looking, and want to save time in the morning, an electric is the way to go. I've had more luck with the foil type then the rotary type, FWIW.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Braun

SRM
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:27:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ditto.
Always clean and ready.

I use the same thing.
Cant remember using anything else.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:30:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Braun is the only way to go.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Bump!  Braun is in the lead though
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top