Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2005 8:23:00 AM EDT

I was talking to an antigunner about the NRA and he called them a front for gun manufacturers, and I replied I thought they were probably funded more by their members who are simply gun owners and not  manufacturers. I had to concede that I didn't know for sure.  

Does the NRA reveal where their money comes from?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:27:38 AM EDT
[#1]

how is that hurricane machine workin for them

in all seriousness, it comes from pvt donations from people like you and me
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:33:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Individuals, Endowments, and Corporate sponsors some of which you can find by looking here: www.nrafoundation.org/foundation/

There's also the money raised from their conventions, ranges and instruction programs as well as NRA authorized products.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:36:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:38:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ask him where the ACLU gets its money.
From the taxpayers.

Seriously? How?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:38:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I work at MidwayUSA and I believe we have given at least 5 million to the NRA over the years.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:38:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Individuals, Endowments, and Corporate sponsors some of which you can find by looking here: www.nrafoundation.org/foundation/

There's also the money raised from their conventions, ranges and instruction programs as well as NRA authorized products.

Mike

Thank you.  I'll look for the breakdown there. It would be nice to make the case that a majority of the money NRA gets comes from regular folks.   I have nothing against corporations donating -- it would just bolster my case of it were mostly suported by regular folk.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:38:54 AM EDT
[#7]
From sales of NRA stickers. Seriously, that's why I send them money... for the stickers.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:41:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Like gun manufacturers are rolling in dough.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:43:25 AM EDT
[#9]
People like me, around $30 a year.  They have what? 5 million members?  Americans like their guns.

From what I've seen, it mainly goes into junk mail.  I get more from the NRA than anything else, even credit card offers.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:45:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I send them a few hundred a year.  

--VT
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:45:45 AM EDT
[#11]
members, companies, etc...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:54:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:55:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
People like me, around $30 a year.  They have what? 5 million members?  Americans like their guns...

More like 4 million... a shameful percentage of all gun-owners IMHO.

Quoted:
... From what I've seen, it mainly goes into junk mail.  I get more from the NRA than anything else, even credit card offers.

from the NRA website FAQs:
Q: How can I reduce the amount of mail I receive from the NRA?

A: Simply email us at [email protected] or dial 800-NRA-3888 and request to be placed on the "Do Not Promote" list. This will significantly reduce the amount of mail you receive without affecting important mailings, magazine service, or your membership renewal.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:58:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:00:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I work at MidwayUSA and I believe we have given at least 5 million to the NRA over the years.

Yes, but that money came from the NRA roundup program, which means it came from your CUSTOMERS.

(I just ordered stuff yesterday)
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:13:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, but that money came from the NRA roundup program, which means it came from your CUSTOMERS.

(I just ordered stuff yesterday)

Well thats most of it.

But you have to remember that the money we give to the NRA is just job security for us. Midways kicks in alot of money themselves.

BTW you wern't the guy who was peparing for a zombie invasion by buying 15000 rounds of subsonic .22. Because the shit was heavy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top