Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/29/2005 7:36:12 AM EDT
Here is just another reason. Ever heard of Dead Prez? They're supposed to be rap that's about black people standing up for themselves.video
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:44:47 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Here is just another reason. Ever heard of Dead Prez? They're supposed to be rap that's about black people standing up for themselves.video

sounds like Kanye West and we all know how much of a jackass he is
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:51:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow.

And these are the heroes of a new generation.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:53:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Wow.

Not heroes.. They are the future snow plow drivers and garbagemen.. If they work at all..
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:53:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Its almost as if arcommers made a video to illustrate everything we think is wrong.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:54:13 AM EDT
[#5]
tag for home
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:54:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow.

Not heroes.. They are the future snow plow drivers and garbagemen.. If they work at all..

Thats the point, aparently working for a living is racism...but its ok to take advantage of those who do.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:02:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Bingo.

Getting a job is succumbing to the white man's social order. If you're black and you get a job, you're an Uncle Tom.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:08:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Guess what?

There's a message board for all their hard working fans...

forums1.sonymusic.com/eve/ubb.x?a=frm&s=8581093&f=96710189
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:12:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Guess what?

ooh, they have a katrina protest song. here
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:14:25 AM EDT
[#11]
tag
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:15:41 AM EDT
[#12]
cant spell CRAP without rap
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Guess what?

I wish I had an account there so I could give the one guy who made the thread talking about how good immortal technique is.  I saw immortal live last year and hes an extreme left wing muslim POS rapper.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:18:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

It doesn't matter how much money cRappers make in the short run. Chances are they will get hurt, killed, imprisoned, or lose their fortune to drugs, disease or other immoral activities. They'll be washing your windshields in no time.

Hey, I got an update! There's a cRapper in that video with a black sock on his head who looks like the Fe-duh-ral Security Screener the last time I flew into DC. There is hope for them. If they don't make it in the music biz, they can work for the TSA!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:19:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:22:52 AM EDT
[#16]
oh yea, saying rap is bad because of dead prez is like saying rock sucks because of styx.  You can't judge just because of one bad artist
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:23:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I dug up this gem of a site from a post on that Sony board.

http://suprememanagement.net/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=2
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:26:02 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
oh yea, saying rap is bad because of dead prez is like saying rock sucks because of styx.  You can't judge just because of one bad artist

You're very right, to be honest I chose that title because I thought it would make people click on the thread.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:27:12 AM EDT
[#19]
OK, whose trolling their board.... 1st post that comes up
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:27:50 AM EDT
[#20]
From an objective stand point, there’s nothing wrong with rap music itself. What’s wrong is a majority of the stuff they put out these days is pure garbage. It’s that most of the shit ignorant stupid ass rappers rap about and the videos they make that are fucking despicable.

Turn on BET or MTV and watch a rap video. Nine times out of ten, it’ll be a bunch of guys in jerseys next to or in expensive cars, surrounded by bootylicious women shaking their asses, with the main rapper holding up a wad of cash. If they’re not in or next to a car they’re at a party or something. I guaranfuckingtee it. This is the kind of shit they push on kids these days.

Quoted:

There are MANY bad artists. Most of them are.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:28:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Note the end of the video

Apparently if this scumbag was back in Africa he would be lying on a beach like a king.

What a fuckin joke.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:34:03 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Personally, I think it just plain sux no matter who's rapping...All the songs sound like a Bass out of control wrapped around unintelliogible lyrics UNTIL there's a cuss word which can be heard 8 blocks away.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:34:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Copyright SONY.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Copyright SONY.

They want feedback!
Give it to them!
www.sonymusic.com/about/feedback.cgi

Here's what I sent...let's see what the reply is!

The video found on this link is abominable!
http://www.deadprez.com/video/DeadPrez_HellYeah_VidFull_300.asx
You think it's "artistic" to show white people being victimized by blacks???
This is not artistic...it's trashy racism and one would expect more from a company like Sony.
This video and these barbarians: bad timing, bad taste and certainly not anything anyone should see.
YOU and your artistic directors and others like you are directly responsible for the degredation of today's youth and for the sad sorry state of affairs that race relations has become. I ask you...if a video mainstreamed to whites showed abuse of blacks, do you think there'd be no outcry??
Sony will NOT be a name I waste money on in the future.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:42:57 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Note the end of the video Apparently if this scumbag was back in Africa he would be lying on a beach like a king. What a fuckin joke.

If he was back in Africa he would be p00ping on the street while he eats a fly-infested meal of US-grown grain, which came via an aid package.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:44:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Holy shit, I watched that whole video and it disgusted me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:48:04 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Personally, I think it just plain sux no matter who's rapping...All the songs sound like a Bass out of control wrapped around unintelliogible lyrics UNTIL there's a cuss word which can be heard 8 blocks away.

well thats your opinion, I personally can't stand hearing a high pitched country western song which lyrics barely exceed the vocabulary of an eigth grade being played 8 blocks away.  Different strokes for different folks...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:50:21 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

hey I like some os Styx songs, and I like a rare few rap songs, just like anythign there is good and a lot of Bad

I just hate how overtly racist rap is in most markets
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:51:21 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

well thats your opinion, I personally can't stand hearing a high pitched country western song which lyrics barely exceed the vocabulary of an eigth grade being played 8 blocks away.  Different strokes for different folks...

I ain't that white, sugar.
I don't care for it either...
Don't be so snappy with the assumptions...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:51:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Just remember  you can't spell CRAP!!! without rap!!!.........
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:52:44 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Holy shit, I watched that whole video and it disgusted me.

I didn't get passed the scene that showed some twiggy teen bench pressing less than half of what I do....pansy can't press worth a damn.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:53:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:54:08 AM EDT
[#33]
The problem with Rap is that a large majority of it glamourizes everything that is inherently unacceptable in a civilized society. The glorification of felonious activities are being spoon-fed into suburban white youth in an attempt to wither the racial divide between blacks and whites.

Lets see.

Murder
Drug pushing
Robbery
Sex Crimes
Womanizing
Prostitution
Battery
Gun crime

These are but a few of the glorified behaviors which Rap music is content to portray.

From the other side of the fence, it's the ghetto lifestyle which Rap artists argue is being acurately portrayed.

It sounds more like bragging. Not something to be proud of.

I don't allow my kids to listen to it and they don't want to.

HS1
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:56:19 AM EDT
[#34]
General •  General Discussion •  For all of you who don't like Crap

The "C" is silent
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:57:56 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I ain't that white, sugar.
I don't care for it either...
Don't be so snappy with the assumptions...

don't be so snappy with assumptions?

wern't you the one who made the assumption that all rap is "All the songs sound like a Bass out of control wrapped around unintelliogible lyrics UNTIL there's a cuss word which can be heard 8 blocks away. " ?

don't be a hypocrite
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:00:52 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
It doesn't matter how much money cRappers make in the short run. Chances are they will get hurt, killed, imprisoned, or lose their fortune to drugs, disease or other immoral activities. They'll be washing your windshields in no time.

ABSOLUTLY.   They practically give whatever money they make right back to the white man.  They culture is strictly centered on rims, diamonds, bling bling, etc. etc.  They have no sense of self sufficiency or any sort of savings/budgeting system.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:07:38 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Quoted:
It doesn't matter how much money cRappers make in the short run. Chances are they will get hurt, killed, imprisoned, or lose their fortune to drugs, disease or other immoral activities

unlike those fine upstanding whites musicians like Jim Morrison, Freddy Mercury, Kurt Cobain, GG Allen, Sid Vicious, Janis Joplin...yup they all led clean lives....
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#38]
yet another reminder why guns are so necessary
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
The problem with Rap is that a large majority of it glamourizes everything that is inherently unacceptable in a civilized society. The glorification of felonious activities are being spoon-fed into suburban white youth in an attempt to wither the racial divide between blacks and whites.

Lets see.

Murder
Drug pushing
Robbery
Sex Crimes
Womanizing
Prostitution
Battery
Gun crime

These are but a few of the glorified behaviors which Rap music is content to portray.

From the other side of the fence, it's the ghetto lifestyle which Rap artists argue is being acurately portrayed.

HS1

didn't johnny cash talk about

gun crime
drug abuse
domestic violence
burglary
murder
and assualt

so do you not allow your kids to listen to old scool music?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:15:27 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

wern't you the one who made the assumption that all rap is "All the songs sound like a Bass out of control wrapped around unintelliogible lyrics UNTIL there's a cuss word which can be heard 8 blocks away. " ?

don't be a hypocrite

I made no assumption. I was raised in the cities of Philly and Providence, respectively. I've heard TONS of rap..it's exactly what I've said it is. You assumed because I was white I listen to twangy-style country.My opinion of rap is based upon personal exposure...your statement of what I'd like musically was formed not on exposure, but due to your assumption of my "whiteness."
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow.

True in the end but it is what many children will aspire to be like. Wanna be thugs, thats the whole aim of culture now.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#42]
I don't care to argue about what does or doesn't sound good to your ears.  The sound of country annoys some people and the sound of rap annoys others.

But I can undoubtably say that "country is better than rap" because rap groups and rap songs like the linked video are commonplace and not reviled.  Name me one country artist that glorifies criminal behavior on the scale that modern rap music does.

Everyone should go read Thomas Sowell's (a black man) new book "Black Rednecks and White Liberals."
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:26:31 AM EDT
[#43]
cRap=
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:28:18 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

don't be a hypocrite

I made no assumption. I was raised in the cities of Philly and Providence, respectively. I've heard TONS of rap..it's exactly what I've said it is. You assumed because I was white I listen to twangy-style country.My opinion of rap is based upon personal exposure...your statement of what I'd like musically was formed not on exposure, but due to your assumption of my "whiteness."

if your education of rap is based off what you heard from parties and passing cars in philly then your still pretty ignorant on its different forms.  If I formed my opinion on rock or country based on my exposure to what hit of the week is being blasted on the radio, I'd probably go insane and listen to hip hop exclusively.  Instead my opinions have been formed after keeping an open mind and exploration of all different musics forms.  Don't pigeon hole yourself.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lets see.

Murder
Drug pushing
Robbery
Sex Crimes
Womanizing
Prostitution
Battery
Gun crime

HS1

didn't johnny cash talk about

gun crime
drug abuse
domestic violence
burglary
murder
and assualt

so do you not allow your kids to listen to old scool music?

Talking about it and glamourizing it on television are two completely different things.
MTV treats these thugs like royalty, all the while promoting and glamourizing this crap to impressionable youngsters. Maybe i'm old fashioned.

Johnny Cash is on my OK list.

HS1
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

don't be a hypocrite

if your education of rap is based off what you heard from parties and passing cars in philly then your still pretty ignorant on its different forms.  If I formed my opinion on rock or country based on my exposure to what hit of the week is being blasted on the radio, I'd probably go insane and listen to hip hop exclusively.  Instead my opinions have been formed after keeping an open mind and exploration of all different musics forms.  Don't pigeon hole yourself.

So now I am pidgeon-holed?
Bullshit.
I listen to many forms of music:
Classical (Handel is a favorite) Rhythm and Blues (Stevie Ray!) , Dance music (Will Smith and Beyonce are great for when I feel the need to shake my tush), Rock, Alternative, Southern Fried Rock (Kansas) , classics (Lois Armstrong, if you're looking for more color in there)  The list is endless...
I have not pidgeonholed myself. I simply don't think Rap is music.
And I don't need an "education" of something that denegrates women and glorifies crimes to know I don't like it.

FTR: I don't carewhat color the rapper is: Eminem is an untalented piece of work as well
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:40:42 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Bingo.

Getting a job is succumbing to the white man's social order. If you're black and you get a job, you're an Uncle Tom.

so now we have to change the meaning of words to where everything is a "calling".  Celebrity is a calling, the priesthood, teaching, government service, ....   In a perfect world there'd be no trashman or plumber....but there'd be a big pile of shit.

If "rap" were food, how would we describe it..."bitter, but real food, so "real" we have to remind you that we're "keepin it real".
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:41:44 AM EDT
[#48]
this video makes me want to sit here and
violate the COC six ways from sunday
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Just remember  you can't spell CRAP!!! without rap!!!.........

Man thats one of those tings that keep getting funnier even after the 900th time....

oh wait. no, no it doesn't
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

That one bad "artist" is one example of nearly every rap "artist". Almost without exception, they're a bunch of thugs, racists, and criminals extolling the virtues of being thugs, racists, and criminals to millions across the nation.

In fact, the ONLY rap song I can listen to without feeling the urge to shoot something is "Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer. And then only because it pisses people off when I play it during a HALO match and kick everyone's butts.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top