Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 6:27:31 AM EDT
Interesting... so just a Dim "excuse" to seize guns??? A flimsy "excuse" to use to explain incompetance regarding the relief efforts??? Just serious cowards??? Superintendent Compass using that as an excuse to divert attention from areas he wanted avoided??? WTF???

For military officials, who flew rescue missions around the city, the reports that people were shooting at helicopters turned out to be mistaken. "We investigated one incident and it turned out to have been shooting on the ground, not at the helicopter," said Maj. Mike Young of the Air Force

The Ledger - FL

MSNBC

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:32:40 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Interesting... so just a Dim "excuse" to seize guns??? A flimsy "excuse" to use to explain incompetance regarding the relief efforts??? Just serious cowards??? Superintendent Compass using that as an excuse to divert attention from areas he wanted avoided??? WTF???

For military officials, who flew rescue missions around the city, the reports that people were shooting at helicopters turned out to be mistaken. "We investigated one incident and it turned out to have been shooting on the ground, not at the helicopter," said Maj. Mike Young of the Air Force

The Ledger - FL

MSNBC

I don't think it was used as an excuse, and somone here posted about a buddy who was flying rescue missions in NO and was shot at so maybe some of the incidents were not really people fireing at choppers, but I don't doubt there were some incidents of it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:33:15 AM EDT
[#2]
What next?  The hurricane really didn't happen............it was all a racist plot?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:33:38 AM EDT
[#3]
C'mon - what's next?  The helicopter that was flying the freezer full of dead 7 year olds out of the Superdome got re-routed to a secret storage facility in Langley, VA?

There’s only so much media programming I’m able to erase in one week ya know.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:34:38 AM EDT
[#4]
They didn't want the choppers flying over specific areas to see NOPD helping looters load trucks up with loot.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:38:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow, if this isn't the media pulling a blatant, "Nothing to see here, move along please." I don't know what is.

It's obvious that they are trying to rewrite history. Afterall, we wouldn't want to go making the noble, but poor nutritionally and shelter assisted people of NOLA look like criminals now would we?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:38:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They didn't want the choppers flying over specific areas to see NOPD helping looters load trucks up with loot.

Now THAT has possibilities....
Maybe I'm just cynical, I STILL think that it was a "good excuse" for the Democrats "gunz R evil" crowd to justify grabbing firearms from law abiding folks.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:40:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wow, if this isn't the media pulling a blatant, "Nothing to see here, move along please." I don't know what is.

It's obvious that they are trying to rewrite history. Afterall, we wouldn't want to go making the noble, but poor nutritionally and shelter assisted people of NOLA look like criminals now would we?

Next thing you know we'll be hearing how scumbags who sneak into this country illegally and under cover of darkness are only looking to make a better life for themselves and their families....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top