Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2005 10:54:21 PM EDT
I notice that they don't seem to contest the facts he has presented, they just call him names

White Lawmaker Likens Black Colleagues, KKK
Sep 28, 2005
By MATT GOURAS
apnews.excite.com/article/20050928/D8CT1MI80.html
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A white Tennessee lawmaker lamenting his exclusion from the state's Black Legislative Caucus claimed Tuesday the group was less accommodating that even the Ku Klux Klan.

"My understanding is that the KKK doesn't even ban members by race," said Rep. Stacey Campfield, adding that the KKK "has less racist bylaws" than the black lawmakers' group.

The freshman Republican from Knoxville was rebuffed earlier this year when he asked for the Black Caucus' bylaws and inquired about joining. There are 18 black state lawmakers in Tennessee.

Caucus chairman Rep. Johnny Shaw, a Democrat, dismissed Campfield's request and called him a "strange guy" who was simply interested in stirring up trouble.

"He is using this as a joke. This is an insult coming from him," said caucus member Rep. Larry Miller, also a Democrat. "Why he chose to focus on the Black Caucus, I have no idea other than he is crazy and a racist."

The 37-year-old Campfield defended himself Saturday in a message on his Web journal, or blog, under the heading "I too dream."

The long excerpts from the Rev. Martin Luther King's famous 1963 "I Have a Dream" speech infuriated some readers. It prompted Campfield to ban reader comments after some of the angry postings included death threats.

Experts on race and hate groups said Campfield hit a nerve when he used King's words to take on a black institution.
It's the same tactic white separatists often use,
said Mark Potok, director of the Intelligence Project at the Southern Poverty Law Center.

"Very typically these days we see white supremacists, hate groups, trying to use the words of King and other civil rights leaders to try to advance their agendas," Potok said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I remember when we studied that famous speech in the 70s, the quote that I particularly liked was:
"I don't want you to borrow at the bank.........I want you to LEND at the bank" (from memory)
Too bad the jacksons, farakahns, sharptons and jackson-lees preach the opposite..........gimme
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:12:21 PM EDT
[#1]
They're discriminating because of race? Sounds like racism to me. Punish them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:18:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.  I'm sure they cry racism when they can't find their car keys.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:22:18 PM EDT
[#3]

"He is using this as a joke. This is an insult coming from him," said caucus member Rep. Larry Miller, also a Democrat. "Why he chose to focus on the Black Caucus, I have no idea other than he is crazy and a racist."

--snip--

Experts on race and hate groups said Campfield hit a nerve when he used King's words to take on a black institution.
It's the same tactic white separatists often use,
said Mark Potok, director of the Intelligence Project at the Southern Poverty Law Center.

"Very typically these days we see white supremacists, hate groups, trying to use the words of King and other civil rights leaders to try to advance their agendas," Potok said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I remember when we studied that famous speech in the 70s, the quote that I particularly liked was:
"I don't want you to borrow at the bank.........I want you to LEND at the bank" (from memory)
Too bad the jacksons, farakahns, sharptons and jackson-lees preach the opposite..........gimme

I just realized that since I posted that quote
they would probably label me as:
"a crazy racist using white separatist tactics"

eta: a quote advocating personal responsibility\success, what was I thinking?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:36:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I thought that was illegal..........
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:38:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought that was illegal..........

Some animals are more equal than others.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:28:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I heard a mention on the radio today about the "National Latino Peace Officers Association" and had the thought of "what if someone decided to form the "National Caucasian Peace Officers Association"?  They would be crucified in a heartbeat for attempting to create a "racist" organization designed to "divide and inflame" people.

I *really* hate the amount of PC insane bullshit this nation has become submerged in.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:35:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Experts on race and hate groups said Campfield hit a nerve when he used King's words to take on a black institution. It's the same tactic white separatists often use, said Mark Potok, director of the Intelligence Project at the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Wonder how the hell these clowns can type when they're chewin on that Louisiana Black Snake...?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:36:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I heard a mention on the radio today about the "National Latino Peace Officers Association" and had the thought of "what if someone decided to form the "National Caucasian Peace Officers Association"?  They would be crucified in a heartbeat for attempting to create a "racist" organization designed to "divide and inflame" people.

I *really* hate the amount of PC insane bullshit this nation has become submerged in.  

I wonder how long before the supreme court rules that racism is exclusive to white people.........
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:46:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder how long before the supreme court rules that racism is exclusive to white people.........

It's already a defacto standard, just not "enshrined" in law... YET .  It's one of the tests I use to spot libtards.  Anyone that mentions race, ethnicity or national origin in a discussion when it's not relevant to the topic sets off my 'tard scanner.

Like talking about illegal immigrants and someone throws out "What do you have against Mexicans".  Uh, gee, I don't think I said ANYTHING about WHO they are, simply their status as "illegal".  Why did *YOU* feel compelled to bring it up?  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:53:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's already a defacto standard, just not "enshrined" in law... YET .  It's one of the tests I use to spot libtards.  Anyone that mentions race, ethnicity or national origin in a discussion when it's not relevant to the topic sets off my 'tard scanner.

Like talking about illegal immigrants and someone throws out "What do you have against Mexicans".  Uh, gee, I don't think I said ANYTHING about WHO they are, simply their status as "illegal".  Why did *YOU* feel compelled to bring it up?  

Yup, I speak spanish and am "chasing" a latina
but several people have determined I am
a racist because I post articles about illegals
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:50:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Double Standard.

Exist in every aspect of current life.

Whites:

- move out of an area = white flight
- move into an area - gentrification
- form exclusive clubs = kkk, nazis, 88s
- form clubs noone want to join = penalized for underrepresenting minorities
- form organization with high standards = penalized for underrepresenting minorities
- express the same level of pride in their race = racists, kkk, nazis, 88s
- set up scholarships only for whites = racists, kkk, nazis, 88s
- do anything without reaching out to the minority community = racists, kkk, nazis, 88s
- makes a verbal blunder = racists, kkk, nazis, 88s
- associate with others similiar to themselves = racists, kkk, nazis, 88s

You get my point.

White people do anything, even breathe and there is some assclown willing to throw out the rece card.

To placify the 100% people. No this isn't 100% accurate 100% of the time with 100% of the people in 100% of the senarios in 100% of the circumstances. Nothing ever is.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:17:14 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, I speak spanish and am "chasing" a latina
but several people have determined I am
a racist because I post articles about illegals

I haven't learned Spanish....yet, but will be marrying a Latina.  Of course, she is as American as anyone on this board, having been born in the U.S. and her parents are "Legal".  She too hates illegals.  Neither of us has any problem whatsoever with immigration, as long as it is legal immigration.  One of the first Spanish words she taught me is Moharro (wetback).  Her entire family (As I have found out most legal immigrants do) absolutely hate illegals of any nationality.  That is not racism, it is respect for our country.  

As to the caucus, what about starting up the United Honky College Fund or how about having a European American History Month?  Hell, since we are in that mode, since the females can have their "For women only" gymnasiums" where no men are allowed (Unless the bitches are throwing a bachelorette party and having male strippers show up", how about for men only facilities?  OK, I realize I am rambling a bit, but I too have a dream of a world in which race, sex and religion are not used either to exclude anyone from anything, but also are not used as an excuse to steal from the hard working taxpayer through the force of taxation and "Entitlement" programs.  A world in which personal responsibility comes first.  Where we help those that can't do for themselves, not those that won't do for themselves.  A world in which people are hired for a job based purely on their ability to perform that job, not thier skin color.  A world in which children don't have to spend 4 hours a day on a school bus carrying them to the other side of town because that side of town has a higher average of a certain race than the city wide average.  A world in which the first excuse for anything going wrong is not hatred/race based.  A world in which a race card is a list of competitors circling a track.  

Sorry about the mini rant......But I am from TN and this "Caucus" pisses me off because they use race to extort from everyone else.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:19:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Experts on race and hate groups said Campfield hit a nerve when he used King's words to take on a black institution. It's the same tactic white separatists often use, said Mark Potok, director of the Intelligence Project at the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Wonder how the hell these clowns can type when they're chewin on that Louisiana Black Snake...?

I thought it was "Alabama".
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:29:48 AM EDT
[#14]
fuck 'em all. we're heading towards a civil war anyway. let 'em gather in their super secret
"no girlz" clubs. just makes 'em easier to hunt down.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:54:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
OK, I realize I am rambling a bit, but I too have a dream of a world in which race, sex and religion are not used either to exclude anyone from anything, but also are not used as an excuse to steal from the hard working taxpayer through the force of taxation and "Entitlement" programs.  A world in which personal responsibility comes first.  Where we help those that can't do for themselves, not those that won't do for themselves.  A world in which people are hired for a job based purely on their ability to perform that job, not thier skin color.  A world in which children don't have to spend 4 hours a day on a school bus carrying them to the other side of town because that side of town has a higher average of a certain race than the city wide average.  A world in which the first excuse for anything going wrong is not hatred/race based.  A world in which a race card is a list of competitors circling a track.

+a lot
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:40:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Way to go Rep. Campfield (R), stick to them! We need an Asian politician to apply next, hehe.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:44:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Why would a white guy want to join the black caucus except to stir the pot? I can see why they would exclude him.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:54:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Why would a white guy want to join the black caucus except to stir the pot? I can see why they would exclude him.

Oh come on, he wants to integrate and not segregate. We all brothers.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:56:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Why have a black caucus?  I would think that if you are a government official you should be doing what you can to make things better for everyone.  Unless of course you are a racist.  (see title of the caucus)
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:58:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why have a black caucus?  I would think that if you are a government official you should be doing what you can to make things better for everyone.  Unless of course you are a racist.  (see title of the caucus)

The same reasons you have any fraternal organization that forms to pursue shared interests or goals.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:02:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Why have a black caucus?

Black politicians/leaders are failures versus their white counterparts so they have to form a Clique Mob in order to appear relevant.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:04:37 AM EDT
[#22]

"My understanding is that the KKK doesn't even ban members by race," said Rep. Stacey Campfield, adding that the KKK "has less racist bylaws" than the black lawmakers' group.

yeah right................................ having met some klan members here in Va, I can attest that that isn't true in the least.

farakhan, etc are no more or less than the black KKK IMHO

stacey's understanding is way off the mark.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The same reasons you have any fraternal organization that forms to pursue shared interests or goals.

He MUST have just been trying to stir the pot, he should have just joined the white caucus
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Simple solution: Find where the gov't gives money to the organization and then show the part where you can't discriminate based on race.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:16:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Is there even a white caucus?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:18:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Nope, illegal
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So the goals of blacks are different than the goals of whites
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:08:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Shhhh!  Pointing out the obvious is not looked upon kindly by some people.  Mustn't make them angry...  They'll post the ole double eightball ( ) on you, and then no one will pay you any attention.

It's a phenomenon called "cognitive dissonance".
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:18:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

So the goals of blacks are different than the goals of whites

Not neccesarily white versus black. They are not the only such group in Congress, you DO realize that, right?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#30]
It would have been more interesting if Campfield was a woman or the last name was Campos.
Then they would have at least been more polite.  

What if he could have proved he had AA relatives?  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:40:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#32]
What I want to know is..............if it is illegal to have a white only organization
why is it NOT illegal to have a black, hispanic or asian only organization?

If discrimination was wrong before...................isn't it wrong now?
The GOAL should be integration\assimilation NOT separate but "equal"
(okay.........I am done venting about that particular societal inequity)

eta: I'm done venting about the exclusionary practices of the jacksons,
farakhans, sharptons, jackson-lees and the congressional black caucus
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:52:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Once you join the black caucus, you never go back!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Yeh, it's not as big

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top