Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2005 8:06:48 PM EDT
Short & to the point...

[The Koran is one of] the most stubborn enemies of Civilization, Liberty, and the Truth which the world has yet known.

Though not a household name, Sir William Muir      was one of the 19th. century's foremost scholars on the subject of Islam. Today of course, he would just be another xenophobic bigot with an ax to grind aganist the peace loving Mohammedans of the world.

Please keep all discussion of this topic within the boundaries of the code of conduct. Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:09:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Short & to the point...

[The Koran is one of] the most stubborn enemies of Civilisation, Liberty, and the Truth which the world has yet known.

Though not a household name, Sir William Muir  was one of the 19th. century's foremost scholars of Islam. Today of course, he would just be another xenophobic bigot with an ax to grind aganist the peace loving Mohammedans.

Damn, he's better than nostradamus. Or this guy-

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:10:16 PM EDT
[#2]
He'd get his account locked quick around here, eh?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:14:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:19:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the advice beekeeper, but I like this hobby just fine!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:20:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Didnt William Muir help to get Yellowstone preserved as a national park too?

ETA: No it was John Muir and it was Yosemite park. Quite an interesting life he had.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:25:43 PM EDT
[#7]
that is really strange. I know a guy named William Murr and he is exactly the same way.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:26:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
This latest installment is no more significant than your other "one trick pony" topics--

How is this series any less significant than piccolo's "one trick pony" series of stories about the SEC?

Or SgtAR's series of "movies"?

Or the nearly-nightly "Night Crew Check In" series of threads?

Or any other number of repetative-theme threads that are commonly seen here?

And since when does "significance" have anything to do with anything in this forum anyway?

If YOU are tired of reading these threads - just ignore them. Others may find them informative.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:31:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Keep it up, NYPatriot.  The truth is often reviled. Ask big baby Jesus.

FREE BALZAC72!!!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:37:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This latest installment is no more significant than your other "one trick pony" topics--

How is this series any less significant than piccolo's "one trick pony" series of stories about the SEC?

Or SgtAR's series of "movies"?

Or the nearly-nightly "Night Crew Check In" series of threads?

Or any other number of repetative-theme threads that are commonly seen here?

And since when does "significance" have anything to do with anything in this forum anyway?

If YOU are tired of reading these threads - just ignore them. Others may find them informative.

I bet if I started a series of Juliet Huddy threads I would be everybody's best friend!  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#11]
no JOHN Muir helped establish the national park system.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:05:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I like NYPatriots study series, informative and should be eye opening to people.

The main point to see here....islam seems to have been a problem for a very, very long time...it doesn't get along with anybody, never has, never will.

Are we seeing a pattern here?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:08:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey, NY Patriot.  I have the book that you are reading too.

Why not just post the title, credit the author, and put up all the quotes?

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:16:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

That wasn't very Site Staffish of you.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:25:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Damn, he's better than nostradamus. Or this guy-

That's a guy?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:29:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:33:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Just trying to help.  If you search his authored threads you will see a very consistent pattern.  The threads themselves are not a problem, nor do they violate the rules per se (though they skirt hard against violating Rule One), but they are clearly intended to elicit a predictable response from some of the membership here--as evidenced by the number of locked threads in his queue of authored threads.  A consistent habit of this violates Rule 7 of the Conduct Code--hence my comments.  Quite "site staffish" IMO, as this type of thing makes more work for our Mods and Staff.  

These observations that he is posting serve to educate members on the historical perspective of Islam, its effect on societies, and its track record in history.

Somebody has been reading "The Politically Incorrect Guide To Islam (and the Crusades)."

I recommend it, for those who have eyes to see, as a primer for Islam 101.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:55:05 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just trying to help.  If you search his authored threads you will see a very consistent pattern.  The threads themselves are not a problem, nor do they violate the rules per se (though they skirt hard against violating Rule One), but they are clearly intended to elicit a predictable response from some of the membership here--as evidenced by the number of locked threads in his queue of authored threads.  A consistent habit of this violates Rule 7 of the Conduct Code--hence my comments.  Quite "site staffish" IMO, as this type of thing makes more work for our Mods and Staff.  

I guess that I just don't see how posting the historical quotes regarding Islam and the ensuing discussion violates even the spirit of the CoC.

Then again, we ARE talking about AR15.com General Discussion... a place where Steyr Aug can post sarcastic threads making fun of Christianity which could offend Christians, but where anyone posting a pro-Christian topic gets moved or locked.

But, anyone deriding the religion which has prompted attacks on our own soil and is the root of a high percentage of global strife and conflict is protected.

Equal application of the CoC?

Not by those who have an axe to grind with Christians anyway.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:04:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:23:02 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just trying to help.

BULLSHIT!

Your response was nothing more than an unconstructive criticism about SELECTIVE posts by NYPatriot that you just can't seem to leave alone.

Quoted:
If you search his authored threads you will see a very consistent pattern.

Well la-dee-fucking-da and who fucking cares?!!!

YOU in fact have your OWN pattern of looking for, and actually manufacturing, "patterns" in people's posts and then trolling their threads to throw it up as if it's supposed to mean anything.

Well here's a list of the past FORTY threads from a search of all threads started by NYPatriot:

* Russia to deploy new hypersonic missile systems - Putin
* Islamic Pressure Group Urges Congress to Recognize Ramadan!!!
* What Omar Ahmad had to say about the true nature of Islam...
* How long to heat a screw that is Loctited in real good???
* Iraqi Defense Officials have Embezzled $1.27 Billion of YOUR Money!
* What the Ayatollah Khomeini had to say about the true nature of Islam...
* Get ready to barf... "Military guns" too accessible to the public!!!
* Big Moral Dilemma (infidelity).... Please Advise!
* What John Wesley (the founder of Methodism) had to say about the true nature of Islam...
* What Bertrand Russell had to say about the true nature of Islam
* STOP the Insanity: Air America Hosts Say That Farrakhan Not Wrong About Levees Being Blown Up!
* Breaking: Federal Judge rules Pledge of Allegiance "Unconstitutional"!!!
* Official Judge Roberts Confirmation Hearing Thread...
* My E-mail to the NRA concerning gun confiscation in NO!(Update with new reply E-mail for you to use)
* Refresh my memory... were bias crimes committed aganist Muslims right after 9/11 attacks???
* Al Gore: Bush to balme for hurricane Katrina. Yes... the actual storm was Bush's fault!!!
* Sen. Mary Landrieu: Bush's fault that the School Buses were not used to evacuate NO!
* If you live in or near a major city, get ready to have your guns confisciated....
* Senator Mary Landrieu: "I'll Punch Bush, Literally"
* Katrina aftermath is not ARFCOM's finest hour...
* Coast to Coast AM: Katrina was a weaponized weather system created by the Russians
* Take with grain of salt, but some on the ground are reporting THOUSANDS DEAD!
* What Alexis de Tocqueville had to say about Islam...
* Breaking... Suicide bomber hits southern Israeli city
* Video of POS Cindy Sheehan calling terrorist homicide bombers "FREEDOM FIGHTERS"!!!
* What John Quincy Adams had to say about the nature of Islam...  
* John Roberts: NO friend of property rights!!!
* What do you use to remove cured Loctite from screw threads???
* See... Ann Coulter & I aren't the only Conservatives worried that Bush sold us out with John Roberts
* Ann Coulter hits it out of the park AGAIN concerning John Roberts...
* Lottery ticket "misprint" costs Florida woman a quarter million dollars!
* Way to Go my fellow Republicans!!!
* Our soldiers sacrificed everything for THIS? Islam to decide Iraq constitution!!!
* Our friends the Saudis...  
* Ann Coulter's take on the John Roberts nomination... and it ain't good.
* OK.. let's piece together an accurate picture of where Judge John C. Roberts stands on the issues...
* SURPRISE... John C. Roberts was NEVER a member of the Federalist Society!
* Anyone else bothered because a prospective Supreme Court justice thinks the U.S. is a Democracy???
* ABC & NY Times: Bush has chosen new SCOTUS justice & will announce Tuesday!
* The slow death of the West continues... Karl Marx voted greatest philosopher ever in the U.K.

Now WHERE is this supposed "pattern" in his threads that you so myopically insist exists?????

If anything, he's had more sthreads about John Roberts than ANY other topic recently!

You really should just stop harrassing NYPatriot - you're really starting to make yourself look quite petty and foolish.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:25:44 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I guess that I just don't see how posting the historical quotes regarding Islam and the ensuing discussion violates even the spirit of the CoC.

Then again, we ARE talking about AR15.com General Discussion... a place where Steyr Aug can post sarcastic threads making fun of Christianity which could offend Christians, but where anyone posting a pro-Christian topic gets moved or locked.

But, anyone deriding the religion which has prompted attacks on our own soil and is the root of a high percentage of global strife and conflict is protected.

Equal application of the CoC?

Not by those who have an axe to grind with Christians anyway.

I have seen no threads by SteyrAUG doing this, nor has anyone made me aware of them.  If there is a violation of the Conduct Code, please send a link my way.  I can't deal with the things I am not aware of.  I shouldn't have to tell you I can't read every post and every thread.  

As to the "equal application of the CoC" crack--this thread wasn't locked, now was it?  

I merely expressed my opinion--hopefully I'm still allowed to do that, despite my job here.  

I can't help but to wonder what the American Christians would do if they were subjected to the kinds of persecution found around the world.  You know--real persecution, not just words on the internet.  

Of course I know that you personally cannot monitor every post, not do I expect you to do so. That's what GD mods are for (I think?). It doesn't help your debate position when you appeal the obvious to someone who already knows this.

I also don't necessarily want to link to Steyr Aug's post, because 1) this wasn't a tattle tale session. I am not specifically complaining about Steyr Aug's topic as it doesn't offend me -- and I think we, as whiny, persecuted Christians, need to have thicker skin as a whole. So much for trying to bust this American Christian's chops over persecution.

It's just that you have personally made your opinion of disliking Christianity and Christians well known. Then you roll these kinds of handgrenade responses into a topic.

Makes a brutha wonder sometimes.  That's all.

You gotta get more troll accounts. You're less likely to cause confusion when voicing your opinion than you do while in uniform.

IMHO of course.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:26:07 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The truth hurts sometimes.

huge +1 here....
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:38:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By thebeekeeper...

If you search his authored threads you will see a very consistent pattern.

Just like most other members here. They have their particular interests & pet issues and they post accordingly. How & why am I any different?  

The threads themselves are not a problem, nor do they violate the rules per se (though they skirt hard against violating Rule One)

The important part of your statement is highlighted in red. Given that you openly acknowledge that I am not violating the CoC, I can only surmise that you personally don't like the content & format of my posts. No offense, but that's your problem to deal with, not the site's.

they are clearly intended to elicit a predictable response from some of the membership here

Yup... just like any number of "predictable" posts. FOX News babes threads are meant to elicit "I'd hit it" posts, Feinstein just introduced some piece of bullcrap anti-gun legislation threads are meant to elicit the obligatory "she's an ugly cunt whore bitch" posts, etc...................

Again, how am I different?

IMO, as this type of thing makes more work for our Mods and Staff.

No worries beekeeper... I know what the CoC says & I take great pains to stay within its boundaries. I can police myself, thank you very much!  But thanks for thinking of me!!!

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:45:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:49:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have to agree with TBK on this one. I got locked yesterday for responding to NYpatriots post and also got the thread locked. But guess what? I take Full responsability for my actions!! I was the one who opened my big mouth, not NYPat. So ii applaud him for educating us about historical Islam. But i gotta say, watch what the "heck" you say!!!!!! Try to keep it as civilised and public televisionish as possable!! nothing derogatory, just stick to facts and famous quotes.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:53:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:00:21 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No worries beekeeper... I know what the CoC says & I take great pains to stay within its boundaries. I can police myself, thank you very much!  But thanks for thinking of me!!!

I don't see that trying to skirt the issue with using someone else's quotations provides you any protection, but instead of observing the wishes of the Avilas to not start threads bashing other races/religions you'll continue til eventually someone gets tired of it and boots you.

If you tried the same thing with blacks, jews or one legged eskimos you'd've gotten the boom dropped on you months ago.

Beekeeper...

The threads themselves are not a problem, nor do they violate the rules...

Yes Aimless... you do "need to go outside."
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:01:54 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's just that you have personally made your opinion of disliking Christianity and Christians well known.

I have??  Apparently I've lost my mind, as I have no recollection of ever posting such a thing.  I specifically do recall posting of my respect/love/admiration for Christians (as recently as yesterday).  Many times I have posted that I consider Christians to be the finest and best of Americans.  I have on occasion expressed disdain for sanctimonious hypocrites posing as Christians, but that was/is purely an individual thing and certainly not directed at Christians in general.  

I guess it doesn't matter, as I've often been accused of "defending Islam"--while in reality nothing could be further from the truth.  The truth is, I have no desire to "defend" any religion--least of all a religion I have, nor have ever had, any ties whatsoever to, such as Islam.  My ONLY concern is seeing the Conduct Code enforced on this board.  That's IT.  Finito.

A reminder of what is forbidden by the Avilas:

1.) Posting derogatory comments of a religious nature.

NYPatriot didn't violate the CoC, per your own words. Maybe came close, but certainly didn't.

So why the angst over the topic?

Mike, you know I consider you as a friend and any criticisms like this shouldn't be taken from me as derogatory. Hence the soft nature of my response to begin with.... (ie Site Staffish... hardly derogatory) I certainly did not come off with a bunch of Pre-Ban-esque "F YOU BEEKEEPER YOU NAZI ISLAM LOVER".

I apologize if you took my "site staffish" comment as such.

I am a pretty smart guy, and generally pretty easy going. It's not all the time, but sometimes I see a different side coming out of you than what maybe you see in yourself. I have interpreted statements that you've made in the past to be more generally critical of Christians and Christianity. Maybe you didn't mean it in the way that I interpreted it, so there could indeed be a miscommunication there.

My ONLY concern is to avoid having "derogatory comments of a religious nature" posted on this board.  That is much different than "defending" or "protecting" any religion--but it applies to EVERY religion--and not at my behest, mind you.  My preference would be to see religious discussions barred from the board--it's a firearms board after all.  That is not my call though, so I do as instructed by the PTB.  

IMHO in recent times, religion and politics have become more intertwined than in the more recent past. We are engaged in a political struggle as a nation against enemies who use religion and doctrine as the primary means of establishing the philosophical divide between our governments and our societies.

As such, firearms being inherently political, are going to eventually give rise to these religious/political conversations.

Conservatives = Firearm Ownership = Pro-Gun Legislation = Patriotism = Enemy to promoters of anti-freedom

Unless you created a CoC wherein only technical firearm conversations are permitted, I don't think it's possible to separate one from the other.

Something tells me that a wikipedia for guns isn't the intent of the owners of this site, and such a thing probably wouldn't generate near the traffic or ad revenue.

Praise the Lord, pass the ammunition.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Yours often are different ONLY because they elicit posts which violate the Conduct Code--YOU are not different, but the predictable posts of others are the problem.

More backtracking bullshit.

You opened your response here with this:
Quoted:"This latest installment is no more significant than your other "one trick pony" topics--"

Clearly you were singling HIM out for criticism - "your other 'one trick pony' topics" - and you were insinuating his posts weren't "signficant" enough.

You made no mention of OTHER possible posts being a problem - you were obviously deriding HIM for what he posted:
Quoted: "Methinks you need a new hobby

You then went on to critisize HIM for HIS "pattern" of posts.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:07:44 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't see that trying to skirt the issue with using someone else's quotations provides you any protection, but instead of observing the wishes of the Avilas to not start threads bashing other races/religions you'll continue til eventually someone gets tired of it and boots you.

If you tried the same thing with blacks, jews or one legged eskimos you'd've gotten the boom dropped on you months ago.

Beekeeper...

The threads themselves are not a problem, nor do they violate the rules...

Yes Aimless... you do "need to go outside."

What'll happen eventually, as things tend to around here, is the 40 millionth of your "X says Islam sucks" threads will turn into another bashfest, people will get their accounts locked and someone will say "WTF that guy started 30 of those threads already? Why is he still here?"

You can't abide by the rules here and want to play jailhouse lawyer, don't bitch if it eventually turns out poorly for you.

Oh yeah?

Well, I will be celebrating Christmas this year.

So there.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:12:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#35]
BTW Aimless, you've given me the perfect idea for my next installment!

Thanks buddy!

Stay tuned...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:13:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks buddy!

Stay tuned...

I really haven't found anything of interest in them,

Well apparently you found SOMETHING interesting here otherwise you wouldn't be posting here!

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:40:01 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

This would be valid if the things he was saying were untrue about one-legged Eskimos.

However, there is an increasingly hostile climate when it comes to pulling back the curtain on Islam.

If someone said something about my faith that was inconvenient, yet historically accurate, I wouldn't threaten to ban them (or kill them, as happens to critics of Islam).

Everybody has opinions.  READ THE HISTORY and see if they measure up.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:47:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:51:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:52:22 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks buddy!

Stay tuned...

<rambo> Let it go!  Let it go.............or I'll give you a war you won't believe! </Rambo>

Just one more Ed... I promise!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:03:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Good post NYPatriot, thanks.

ARH

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:51:35 AM EDT
[#44]
BenDover...

So why the angst over the topic?

One word: Suicidalism.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:25:32 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks buddy!

Stay tuned...

I really haven't found anything of interest in them,

Well apparently you found SOMETHING interesting here otherwise you wouldn't be posting here!

Well of course that would be YOU Mac.  I have been busy with other things for most of the past week and was going through withdrawal. I kept telling my g/f "Enough of this smooching nonsense, give me a good rant about Muslims or the Democrats!" But it was just not the same...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top