Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2005 7:33:04 PM EDT
Today at work 3 truck drivers quit without notice.  They are going to work in New Orleans.  They were promised $4,000 a week.

I cant believe it.  It sounds to good to be true.  I gotta believe they will be back begging for there jobs back in less than a month.

Any one else heard of other claims of fortune?

Bobwrench
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:59:16 AM EDT
[#1]
i'm looking at ~3000/week. Just for cooking ;). course it will be 12/16hr days, 7 a week. Boss is down negotiating contracts in LA and TX still.....i was supposed to be down there a couple of weeks ago.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:13:25 AM EDT
[#2]
believe it, FEMA pays stupid money, lots of articles about it.  I didn't do that well last year in florida but still working for the govt. and getting 5000 in OT alone in two weeks wasn't bad. I volunteered again this year (twice) but havent been sent yet.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top