Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2005 7:07:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought you built banjos, washboards, and that boing boing boing thing...
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:44:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats my companies standard procedure.  we are even alowed to take vacations longer then the hours that we have saved up for....with the understanding that we then have a negative PTO(Paid Time Off) balance, and a contract signed that says if we quit or are terminated with a negative PTO balance, we have to pay the company for the hours.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:47:44 AM EDT
[#4]
It is my philosophy that companies treat their employees in one of two ways: Like assets, or like commodities.

A company that considers employees a high-valued asset treats their people like they treat other high-value assets. They find the best they can, they treat them right, and the payoff is a high ROI.

On the other hand, if the company believes people are a commodity item, they will treat people like they treat cheap raw materials: Wastefully and wantonly. After all "There are plenty more where those came from."

Sounds like you work for the former. Consider yourself a lucky man. I would be willing to bet your payback to the company for their good treatment of you will be hard work and helping the company to prosper as much as is within your power. Good for you, and good for them.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:53:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Ditto on your point CMJ. I have been at my job for 10 years now. I despise it! I hate it! But every day I thank God that I have it. It pays the bills and makes it so my wife and kids have medical converage. In this day and age, that's A LOT!

P.S. While you're second job is building guitars, mine is playing them. I've been paying the bills this way for over 20 years now. I get to hatin' that job after an hour or two in a smokey bar, but I'm still generally thankful to have the gig. If I can put-off gettin' lung cancer for another 4 or 5 years, I'll be playing smoke-free clubs here in MT when the total ban takes effect. Whoopee!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top