Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/28/2005 6:17:00 PM EDT
I was watching the news just now, and they did a story on Tom Delay. What they are trying to do to him is disgusting and I for one am completely fucking FURIOUS!

Tom Delay is one of the strongest voices for the second amendment that we have in congress. He is a close friend of the NRA, and as I recall he is personally assued the sunset of the AWB by instructing the speaker not to allow any bills for the renewal of the AWB to even come to the floor. Tom Delay supports our right to keep and bear arms and as such I support him!!!

Besides, this is just a demonrat witch hunt to nail Delay for pulling the Texas state house out of the Democrat hands and the redistricting that followed. Dims are sore losers, as we already know.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:20:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a recrded voice from Tom today, I'm behind him 100%
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Steve, I feel your pain.  Best bet is to FLOOD Ronnie Earl's office with complaints.  He is an elected official but his stunt needs to be put on notice.

Fortunately, Rep Delay has hired Dick DeGurrin (sp?) who has experience slapping Earl's ass in court.  Dick defended Senator Hutichson against Ronnie before.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#3]
fry him!

Go Ronnie!

http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/delay/delay92805ind.pdf

owned
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
fry him!

Go Ronnie!

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#5]
The dems go after the repubs.  The repubs go after the dems.  It is business as usual in washington.  Fuck em all.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
fry him!

Go Ronnie!

You ever pick up your teeth with broken fingers?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The dems go after the repubs.  The repubs go after the dems.  It is business as usual in washington.  Fuck em all.  

when was the last time the republicans tried to trump up false charges in order to unseat a sitting elected official? I can name several times the democrats have just recently...
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Steve, I feel your pain.  Best bet is to FLOOD Ronnie Earl's office with complaints.  He is an elected official but his stunt needs to be put on notice.

Fortunately, Rep Delay has hired Dick DeGurrin (sp?) who has experience slapping Earl's ass in court.  Dick defended Senator Hutichson against Ronnie before.  

Degurrin will eat the prosecutor alive, IIRC he has only lost a handful of cases in all his years of lawyering.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

This really isnt your typical partisan bickering.  This is a ten year bout pitting a huge democrat base against one man's political career.  they have been making a game out of getting charges filed on him.. baseless charges nonetheless...just to tarnish his name.  they have gone after him more than six times and charges have been dismissed in all cases.....

The problem with this specific case is that... no one can seem to figure out what the damn indictment is saying..... i've read it like 5 times and... checked out the TX election code... and it really just appears that they decided to stick Delay's name in there to cause more grief..this time to the entire GOP (because of the House GOP rules regarding idictments).

anyway....
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1

Actually, I'd like to see the folks up on capitol hill indicted for ALL the major infractions they've committed. Granted, we'd have like 5 people left in office...
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Degurrin will eat the prosecutor alive, IIRC he has only lost a handful of cases in all his years of lawyering.

+1

This endictment is going to be over shortly.  I don't think it'll even get close to court.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#12]
From what I heard said by Mark Levin , the indictment doesn't even have an accusation in it. Smoke and mirrors.  Could this be true.....for the Fourth time by this democrat operative ?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Indict Hillary for being Fugly
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
From what I heard said by Mark Levin , the indictment doesn't even have an accusation in it. Smoke and mirrors.  Could this be true.....for the Fourth time by this democrat operative ?

I am going over the indictment again.. and ...now I am really confused

(btw, does anyone have a TEXT version of the indicment.. all i can find is PDF)

anyway, so..this thing starts off by naming the folks they are accusing of these illegal acts.. and that they knowingly and willingly violated Texas Election Code Sec 253.003, 253.094, and 253.104.

Those state the following:

§ 253.003.  UNLAWFULLY MAKING OR ACCEPTING
CONTRIBUTION.  (a)  A person may not knowingly make a political
contribution in violation of this chapter.
(b)  A person may not knowingly accept a political
contribution the person knows to have been made in violation of this
chapter.
(c)  This section does not apply to a political contribution
made or accepted in violation of Subchapter F.
(d)  Except as provided by Subsection (e), a person who
violates this section commits an offense.  An offense under this
section is a Class A misdemeanor.
(e)  A violation of Subsection (a) or (b) is a felony of the
third degree if the contribution is made in violation of Subchapter
D.

Amended by Acts 1987, 70th Leg., ch. 899, § 1, eff. Sept. 1,
1987;  Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 763, § 2, eff. June 16, 1995.

§ 253.094.  CONTRIBUTIONS AND EXPENDITURES
PROHIBITED.  (a)  A corporation or labor organization may not make
a political contribution or political expenditure that is not
authorized by this subchapter.
(b)  A corporation or labor organization may not make a
political contribution or political expenditure in connection with
a recall election, including the circulation and submission of a
petition to call an election.
(c)  A person who violates this section commits an offense.  
An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree.

§ 253.104.  CONTRIBUTION TO POLITICAL PARTY.  (a)  A
corporation or labor organization may make a contribution from its
own property to a political party to be used as provided by Chapter
(b)  A corporation or labor organization may not knowingly
make a contribution authorized by Subsection (a) during a period
beginning on the 60th day before the date of a general election for
state and county officers and continuing through the day of the
election.
(c)  A corporation or labor organization that knowingly
makes a contribution in violation of this section commits an
offense.  An offense under this section is a felony of the third
degree.

Added by Acts 1991, 72nd Leg., ch. 304, § 5.08, eff. Jan. 1,

OK, so.. a check was written FROM Texans for a republican majority PAC (TAMPAC) TO RNSEC.  Note that nowhere does it say that any money was contributed from the corps directly to the RNSEC.  just that the money came from the same damn bank account.  Now.. how the hell does that make it illegal?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#15]
BINGO
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

+1

It's the never ending story.

Neither party is without their skeletons in the closet.

Once it becomes public... sorry dude, you fucked up and left your 6 wide open.

Actually, there's where I have a real problem with the ability of our elected leaders and their appointees.

It's not necessarily the improprieties or mistakes they make; it's that they think they can get away with it or that no one will ever find out about it.

I had no problem with Gary Hart fooling around. I had no problem with Clinton getting a blow-job in the Oval Office. What I did have a problem with is that they lacked the intelligence, judgement and fore-sight that they thought they could get away with it and the public would never know about it.

Now it's 2005... there are fewer secrets  than before.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:01:55 PM EDT
[#17]
I suspect there are questions about being able to prove actual illegallity, but it will make noise and (the Dems hope) it will distract the Repubs just in time for the next election cycle.  

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#18]
SLAM THIS POLL!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/28/delay/index.html

why would you vote on this without a verdict?  oh yeah, it is a libtard thing...
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#19]
This is purely political.  DA Earle is a Democratic Piece of Shit of the highest order.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#20]
I really hate these scum bags

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x4916758
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#21]
When Delay is cleared I will post their melt down..
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#22]
What I want to know is when do the republicans start FIGHTING goddammit! They won multiple elections putting them in the position they are in and keep allowing the dem's to bitchslap them around *in a bipartisan way* Screw this crap time for you guys in DC to start standing up for your selves if you expect me to head out to the ballot box for you again --otherwise whats the point ?
 seems like we sent a bunch of calvin milquetoasts to washington to fight a rabid attack dog.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#23]
He needed 6 grand juries in a heavily liberal area just to get the charges filed.

Ray has already won.  He had no intention of proving this thing in court, he simply needed the indictment so that Delay loses his leadership of the House.

Ray will drag the case out for over a year so that Delay can't become Speaker for that amount of time.  That is all this was ever intended to do.  He has hired the same lawyer that Kay Bailey Hutchison used when Ray filed false charges on her and had it dismissed.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Well im not up to date. What did he do that was so bad? (or they said he did)
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I was watching the news just now, and they did a story on Tom Delay. What they are trying to do to him is disgusting and I for one am completely fucking FURIOUS!

Tom Delay is one of the strongest voices for the second amendment that we have in congress. He is a close friend of the NRA, and as I recall he is personally assued the sunset of the AWB by instructing the speaker not to allow any bills for the renewal of the AWB to even come to the floor. Tom Delay supports our right to keep and bear arms and as such I support him!!!

Besides, this is just a demonrat witch hunt to nail Delay for pulling the Texas state house out of the Democrat hands and the redistricting that followed. Dims are sore losers, as we already know.

Ignorance...it's bliss.

I support corrupt politicians too.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ignorance...it's bliss.

You do not know what the f*** you are talking about.  You probably want Hillary to be president.  Delay is a good fellow, but he tends to piss off the left wingers and sissy men.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
fry him!

Go Ronnie!

I'm stealing that one for future use.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
fry him!

Go Ronnie!

Ronnie Earle has more skeletons in his closet than anyone he has ever TRIED to convict.  He is a democrat Piece of Shit.  Any supporter of his is equivalent to Al Qaeda.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Rep. Delay started  Political Action Committee.  A PAC geared toward making a Republican Majority in Texas.  This worked and in 2002, Republicans gaine a majority in both houses in Texas.  Then redistricting made this a sure thing for years to come.

Earl had tried to find something fishy ever since.  Now he found a check from corporate supporters and claims this soft money went to support individual candidates, something very hard to prove.  So to make it stick, he pulls the conspiracy card out of the hat.  In this approach, burden of proof is much less than full involvement.  This is a sneaky tact because it pits one witness against the other and confuses a weak jury.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
fry him!

Go Ronnie!

Ronnie Earle has more skeletons in his closet than anyone he has ever TRIED to convict.  He is a democrat Piece of Shit.  Any supporter of his is equivalent to Al Qaeda.

Umm, I was actually talking about the teeth--broken fingers line.

I agree with you about Earle.  He's a fucking sleazebag.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:55:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
fry him!

Go Ronnie!

Umm, I was actually talking about the teeth--broken fingers line.

I agree with you about Earle.  He's a fucking sleazebag.

I know that - I was referring to the post by B2.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#33]
You guys care more about these asshole politicians than they care about you, that I am sure about.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:04:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
You guys care more about these asshole politicians than they care about you, that I am sure about.

I see. So we should just crap on the ones who HAVE  fought for us?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The republicans have fought for me and my freedom?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I'd fight for Ron Paul.  The rest can FOAD.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:31:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rep. Delay started  Political Action Committee.  A PAC geared toward making a Republican Majority in Texas.  This worked and in 2002, Republicans gaine a majority in both houses in Texas.  Then redistricting made this a sure thing for years to come.

Earl had tried to find something fishy ever since.  Now he found a check from corporate supporters and claims this soft money went to support individual candidates, something very hard to prove.  So to make it stick, he pulls the conspiracy card out of the hat.  In this approach, burden of proof is much less than full involvement.  This is a sneaky tact because it pits one witness against the other and confuses a weak jury.

Fortunately for Rep. Delay, Dick Deguerin has a way with juries and I am pretty sure he will shred Earl's grand jury indictment in a thousand pieces.      I'd like to watch him do it to with big ole bag of popcorn to boot.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#37]
This is why the repubs have NO backbone, any of them that are effective get attacked by partisan dems
if these charges turn out to be nothing but partisan politics what will happen to the da....nothing
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The republicans have fought for me and my freedom?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I'd fight for Ron Paul.  The rest can FOAD.

Hello, yeah, hi.. um.. REALITY CHECK!

It's not about fighting for any specific person as much as it is about fighting against a bunch of fucking moonbats who would like nothing more than to see us forced into submission.  People like you with your holier than thou "im better i dont ______" arent helping the problem.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:38:24 PM EDT
[#39]
well, he was very quick to step down. I wonder what that means...

Well, hopefully another person in support of the 2nd ammendment who won't get indicted for whatever reasons will take his place.

PS: I don't think basing your support on politicians JUST over the 2nd ammendment is a good idea... Republican presidents don't have that great a track record in such matters
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:38:54 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Look at it this way. It just puts a nother nail in the coffin of the democratic party. The only bad part is him haviny to step down while its under investigation. We dont have to do anything,they keep doing it to themselves.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

He did so due to the rules in place governing the House GOP.  Standard procedure.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Well, hopefully another person in support of the 2nd ammendment who won't get indicted for whatever reasons will take his place.

PS: I don't think basing your support on politicians JUST over the 2nd ammendment is a good idea... Republican presidents don't have that great a track record in such matters

He has to temporarely step down due to Republican rules, kind of funny how the Dems have no such ethics rules.

At the end of the day,  Tom Delay will be Majority Leader and Ronnie Earl will have nothing.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:58:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Hmmm.  Kathleen Blanco testified today, refusing to answer questions about how the Democrats handled Hurricane Katrina.  Coincidence?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:54:51 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ignorance...it's bliss.

Well if ignorance is bliss you must be the happiest guy on the planet.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:13:08 PM EDT
[#45]
The Democrats are at the point where all they can do is obstruct, harass, and hinder the Republicans by tossing out a whole litany of accusations and simply hoping something, anything, sticks in the court of public opinion.

Desperation is what we call this type of strategy.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:20:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Tom DeLay might be an ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment but that still doesn't mean he isn't a disgusting corrupt shitbag. I hope he rots in prison.

Read this: http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/05/09/real.delay/ that is just one of many shitty things DeLay has done.

No, i'm not a as the Republican cock recepticals will label me. I'm merely speaking my mind on the man. They would do better to waste their time having a prayer-a-thon with Pat Robertson since DeLay is going to need it to keep his ass out of prison.

http://www.dropthehammer.org/corruption/

The Democrats are at the point where all they can do is obstruct, harass, and hinder the Republicans by tossing out a whole litany of accusations and simply hoping something, anything, sticks in the court of public opinion.

Not really, i'd bet money the Republicans are going to take some big hits in 2006 and 2008 elections. Personally i'd like to see the Democrats take the Senate and Executive while the Republicans keep the House by a large majority. Gridlock is a good thing since neither party can fuck me over.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:46:08 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Tom DeLay might be an ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment but that still doesn't mean he isn't a disgusting corrupt shitbag. I hope he rots in prison.

Read this: http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/05/09/real.delay/ that is just one of many shitty things DeLay has done.

No, i'm not a as the Republican cock recepticals will label me. I'm merely speaking my mind on the man. They would do better to waste their time having a prayer-a-thon with Pat Robertson since DeLay is going to need it to keep his ass out of prison.

Not really, i'd bet money the Republicans are going to take some big hits in 2006 and 2008 elections. Personally i'd like to see the Democrats take the Senate and Executive while the Republicans keep the House by a large majority. Gridlock is a good thing since neither party can fuck me over.

How long have you been a member of the Communist Party?  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:34:14 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am going over the indictment again.. and ...now I am really confused

(btw, does anyone have a TEXT version of the indicment.. all i can find is PDF)

anyway, so..this thing starts off by naming the folks they are accusing of these illegal acts.. and that they knowingly and willingly violated Texas Election Code Sec 253.003, 253.094, and 253.104.

Those state the following:

§ 253.003.  UNLAWFULLY MAKING OR ACCEPTING
CONTRIBUTION.  (a)  A person may not knowingly make a political
contribution in violation of this chapter.
(b)  A person may not knowingly accept a political
contribution the person knows to have been made in violation of this
chapter.
(c)  This section does not apply to a political contribution
made or accepted in violation of Subchapter F.
(d)  Except as provided by Subsection (e), a person who
violates this section commits an offense.  An offense under this
section is a Class A misdemeanor.
(e)  A violation of Subsection (a) or (b) is a felony of the
third degree if the contribution is made in violation of Subchapter
D.

1987;  Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 763, § 2, eff. June 16, 1995.

§ 253.094.  CONTRIBUTIONS AND EXPENDITURES
PROHIBITED.  (a)  A corporation or labor organization may not make
a political contribution or political expenditure that is not
authorized by this subchapter.
(b)  A corporation or labor organization may not make a
political contribution or political expenditure in connection with
a recall election, including the circulation and submission of a
petition to call an election.
(c)  A person who violates this section commits an offense.  
An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree.

§ 253.104.  CONTRIBUTION TO POLITICAL PARTY.  (a)  A
corporation or labor organization may make a contribution from its
own property to a political party to be used as provided by Chapter
(b)  A corporation or labor organization may not knowingly
make a contribution authorized by Subsection (a) during a period
beginning on the 60th day before the date of a general election for
state and county officers and continuing through the day of the
election.
(c)  A corporation or labor organization that knowingly
makes a contribution in violation of this section commits an
offense.  An offense under this section is a felony of the third
degree.

Added by Acts 1991, 72nd Leg., ch. 304, § 5.08, eff. Jan. 1,

OK, so.. a check was written FROM Texans for a republican majority PAC (TAMPAC) TO RNSEC.  Note that nowhere does it say that any money was contributed from the corps directly to the RNSEC.  just that the money came from the same damn bank account.  Now.. how the hell does that make it illegal?

Thanks, I see how I got the "no accusation" idea now that I've read the thing and matched it with what Levin was frothing about.   Be interesting to see if we can make this backfire on POS Earle.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:33:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Rep. Delay  is our ally - the left wants to destroy him because he is an enforcer for the republicans and a very effective leader.  As stated elsewhere, Delay is a major reason for the AWB sunset.

This POS leftist DA will be exposed for the political hack that he is!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:51:53 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How long have you been a member of the Communist Party?  

Not smart enought to be in the Communist Party.

Even the garden variety Communist idiot would be smarter that referring to a article by Mark Shields as proof of anything.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top