Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2001 8:53:12 AM EDT
Hello my name is Craig Lester being a complete newbee when it comes to the AR15 I am wondering about opinions on which is better for a first time owner of a AR15 purchasing a rifle from a known Manufacturer or from a kit built by a class II manufacturer. I am leaning toward the kit built by the class II manufacturer because of price.  I have met the guy building these and seen his rifles. They seemed as well constructed compared to the major names. What should I know or look for in his AR’s. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.    
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 9:16:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I would think about buying a kit, tools and instructional video and just build your own. It's a good way to get to know and understand your rifle. You won't save too much, but the learning experience will be worth it.

Good luck and welcome to the clan!
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 9:19:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Read the problems section, many are with Frankenguns.

Barrel quality - are you getting what you want?  Chrome lined bore AND chamber?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top