Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2005 11:23:52 AM EDT
I got this from rightnation.com...

"Experience proves that the man who obstructs a war in which his nation is engaged, no matter whether right or wrong, occupies no enviable place in life or history. Better for him, individually, to advocate "war, pestilence, and famine," than to act as an obstructionist to a war already begun. The history of the defeated rebel will be honorable hereafter, compared with that of the Northern man who aided him by conspiring against his government while protected by it. The most favorable posthumous history the stay-at-home traitor can hope for is--oblivion."
                                                                                        U.S. Grant
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I got this from rightnation.com...

"Experience proves that the man who obstructs a war in which his nation is engaged, no matter whether right or wrong, occupies no enviable place in life or history. Better for him, individually, to advocate "war, pestilence, and famine," than to act as an obstructionist to a war already begun. The history of the defeated rebel will be honorable hereafter, compared with that of the Northern man who aided him by conspiring against his government while protected by it. The most favorable posthumous history the stay-at-home traitor can hope for is--oblivion."
                                                                                        U.S. Grant

That's a good quote, and pretty true.  How many anti-war activists from the Civil War do you know of?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:33:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I prefer quotes from Robery E. Lee.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#3]
good quote....regardless of my opinion of the source
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:38:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Considering that Lincoln put many in jail because of thier views - especially those running small news papers - against the war, I find this sort of amusing.  I hate war protestors, but then again, it is their right to make a fool of themselves.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Considering that Lincoln put many in jail because of thier views - especially those running small news papers - against the war, I find this sort of amusing.  I hate war protestors, but then again, it is their right to make a fool of themselves.

I'm remainded of Benedict Arnold, after the Revolutionary War he resettled in England and was ill treated there by the English who thought him a traitor. He died a bitter man.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:04:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Robery E. Lee is a little known cousin of the famous General Lee. He made his small name riding through Virginia, Maryland, and PA knocking off post offices.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:42:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

What did he say about protestors? Iwould like to see his take on it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:17:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Why ?  He lost...  
*snickers..... waits for shitstorm*
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top