Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2001 8:39:04 AM EDT
Just bought a Colt Match HB with a fairly low serial number, in the 4000 range. Can anyone enlighten me on the value of this one? It is in mint condition, appears to have been fired very little. I knew the weapon was expensive due to the Colt name, however, when I got it home, I discovered the Match designation...
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 4:17:34 PM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like you may have an R6601.  If you post part of the s/n we could tell you for sure.  If it is MH004xxx then it is definitely a 6601.  A 6601, NIB is going for as low as $1,300.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#2]
If that is a 6601 it's got a chrome lined barrel and isn't going to be real competetive in any of the matches I shoot in.  If it's a pre-B it's worth the $1300 Fox quoted, maybe more.  You can go over to the Competition and Accurate AR and John Holliger will fix you up with a top end that'll shoot HM if the operater does there part.  It'll be a good starter rifle if you're just starting out in Highpower Service Rifle.  You may want a better trigger but check your pin size before ordering anything.
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 4:47:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Many thanks! Yes, the serial is in the 4000's.
It must be most definately a 6601. No, I am not shooting competitively now. It is in excellent condition, I would guess 98% or better. Thanks for your replies and assistance.[::]
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 4:51:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Move to Kali and the value will double!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#5]
But if he moved to Cali, it wouldn't matter if the value went up 10 times, nobody could legally buy it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top