Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2005 9:12:21 AM EDT
I have been watching the media and all the "talking heads" about the Katrina relief efforts being too slow, sluggish, wasted, and all the crap about being racists and letting all the blacks down etc etc etc.

Bullshit !

When you compare the Berlin Airlift of July, 1948 to the current Hurricane Katrina Relief efforts you really get an understaing our our countries capabilities.

First off, It took a month to get the Berlin airlift really going.  2.5 million starving germans and the russians would not let supplies in to them.   We airlifted as much as 80-100 tons per day for a year.

Roll forward to New Orleans.    People complain about how slow the response was.   I would say to them, all things being considered, the victims of Hurricane Katrina have gotten more men, materials, and assistance from the military, relief agencies, and just plain ordinary good people of the United States in an unprecedented amount of time.  

When it is all said and done, I'll bet this country sent more men, supplies, and material in just 5 days than all of Berlin in 30 days.   And, for a lot less amount of people.  We probably cannot count the material and supplies brought by outside agencies, churches and people on their own.  

They have no complaints.

Just my .2 cents  

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:25:08 AM EDT
[#1]
A good point SgtWhiting, on which I whole-heartedly agree with you.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I would be more interested to see of FEMA or the military can produce, let alone document how many:

MRE's they gave out
Cots
Blankets
Water

Etc Etc.

I'll bet the numbers are both staggering and expensive.

Like I said, they have no complaints.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:43:22 AM EDT
[#3]
+1.. they be pussies.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#4]
They should get down on their knees and kiss the sweet American earth they live on, or did, they are fortunate this occurred in the good old "US of A" and not Mexico or some other third world country.    

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top