Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2005 7:31:36 AM EDT
First, I don't like the popular term "suicide" bomber.  It places the emphasis on the murderer, rather than the victims of his heinous act.

Second, they aren't martyrs.  A martyr is one who is persecuted for his beliefs, as in the Christians thrown to the lions by the Romans, or the Christians subjugated under dhimmitude by Muslim conquerors.

To the question...

Men who are recruited into this despicable act are promised 72 renewable virgins in paradise, spending eternity in orgiastic pleasure with orgasms that last 1,000 years.

What incentive is given to female bombers?  What the heck are they promised to make them want to do that?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:41:26 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
First, I don't like the popular term "suicide" bomber.  It places the emphasis on the murderer, rather than the victims of his heinous act.

Second, they aren't martyrs.  A martyr is one who is persecuted for his beliefs, as in the Christians thrown to the lions by the Romans, or the Christians subjugated under dhimmitude by Muslim conquerors.

To the question...

Men who are recruited into this despicable act are promised 72 renewable virgins in paradise, spending eternity in orgiastic pleasure with orgasms that last 1,000 years.

What incentive is given to female bombers?  What the heck are they promised to make them want to do that?

I remember reading that the women bombers are usually outcasts that are trying to redeem themselve in the eyes of God and their families.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:42:55 AM EDT
[#2]
martyr
1: one who suffers for the sake of principle
2: one who voluntarily suffers death as the penalty for refusing to renounce their religion

Slightly off topic, and mere semantics but could the second one count?
I guess the kamikaze (i don't like suicide bomber either) is voluntarily blowing himself up?

As for the 72 virgins thing, I have heard that, but never seen it written down.

For female bombers, I guess their reward is they get to go burqua-less?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:43:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Mandatory death penalty for suicide bombers!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:46:02 AM EDT
[#4]
The women get to spend eternity making sammiches for 72 endlessly hungry 17 year-old boys. It is the apotheosis of Muslim womanhood.

I am somewhere between amused and annoyed with people who are annoyed by the term "suicide bomber." The term is perfectly accurate, and it distinguishes the individual from, say, Paul Tibbets --  which is more than can be said for the dumbasses' default "homicide bomber."

"Suicide bomber" no more "places the emphasis on the murderer, rather than the victims of his heinous act" than "car bomber" or "truck bomber" places the emphasis on the murderer's means of transportation, rather than the victims of his heinous act. GOOD GRIEF!!!! I just realized that calling them "bombers" places emphasis on their weapons, rather than the victims of their heinous acts! CRAP!!!!! We can't call them "killers" or "murderers" either; that places the emphasis on their actions, rather than the victims of their heinous acts! Maybe its best we just don't talk about them at all.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:51:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The women get to spend eternity making sammiches for 72 endlessly hungry 17 year-old boys. It is the apotheosis of Muslim womanhood.

I am somewhere between amused and annoyed with people who are annoyed by the term "suicide bomber." The term is perfectly accurate, and it distinguishes the individual from, say, Paul Tibbets --  which is more than can be said the dumbasses' default "homicide bomber."

"Suicide bomber" no more "places the emphasis on the murderer, rather than the victims of his heinous act" than "car bomber" or "truck bomber" places the emphasis on the murderer's means of transportation, rather than the victims of his heinous act. GOOD GRIEF!!!! I just realized that calling them "bombers" places emphasis on their weapons, rather than the victims of their heinous acts! CRAP!!!!! We can't call them "killers" or "murderers" either; that places the emphasis on their actions, rather than the victims of their heinous acts! Maybe its best we just don't talk about them at all.

+1
homicide bomber is fucking annoying.
By the very defenition of the word, any one who uses a bomb to kill someone is now a homicide bomber.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I am somewhere between amused and annoyed with people who are annoyed by the term "suicide bomber." The term is perfectly accurate, and it distinguishes the individual from, say, Paul Tibbets --  which is more than can be said for the dumbasses' default "homicide bomber."

Well, aren't you lucky you don't have to sit next to me during the evening news.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, aren't you lucky you don't have to sit next to me during the evening news.

Trust me, we're both winners. I try to watch it alone, because my wife gets upset when I start twitching and foaming at the mouth over my own pet annoyances.

What say we just at 7 PM ?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:24:16 AM EDT
[#8]
It's so damned hard to find experienced suicide bombers these days.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:25:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Their families are paid off for their sacrifice. After all, we know how hard it is for women in muslim countries to get jobs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top