Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2005 4:19:59 AM EDT
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050927/ap_on_re_us/rita_new_orleans_hk2

Think he could be taking some heat over the gun confiscations?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:29:46 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050927/ap_on_re_us/rita_new_orleans_hk2

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:30:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050927/ap_on_re_us/rita_new_orleans_hk2

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:31:42 AM EDT
[#3]
probably not... it's a moot issue for most people..
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:53:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

No not really.  Gun confiscation means nothing to him or most of the politicos in NO & LA.  He could care less if he tramples on the rights of law abiding citizens.  IMO I think he was feeling the heat of his 250 AWOL poliece officers ,and that the Justice Department, upon deeper investagation of the gun confiscation debacle, was going to uncover evidence of him being on the take.  I think it's all about a corrupt cop jumping ship before the truth about his criminal actions are made public.  He feels no guilt about the ordered gun confiscations.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:15:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No not really.  Gun confiscation means nothing to him or most of the politicos in NO & LA.  He could care less if he tramples on the rights of law abiding citizens.  IMO I think he was feeling the heat of his 250 AWOL poliece officers ,and that the Justice Department, upon deeper investagation of the gun confiscation debacle, was going to uncover evidence of him being on the take.  I think it's all about a corrupt cop jumping ship before the truth about his criminal actions are made public.  He feels no guilt about the ordered gun confiscations.  

BINGO! That SOB is covering his ass. Prolly was "asked" to resign. LA corrupt beast continues on
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:22:27 AM EDT
[#6]
IBTL
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:23:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I am willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

It might just be that he is sick of the whole mess.  He and his department just went through the worse disaster in history and his department didn't fare too well.  Knowing what he knows about how the mayor  handled things and knowing the NOLA is not going to get any better anytime soon I don't blame him for bailing.  I wouldn't wish that job on anyone right now.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:26:56 AM EDT
[#8]
He is probably quitting thinking that will help him dodge an indictment.

Note: I have no evidence of any wrongdoing other than the fact that he is a public official in Louisiana - which is generally enough evidence of some sort of monkey business.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:31:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Shit, he'll probably run for congress soon....
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:33:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Maybe he can go on tour with Charles Moose.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:35:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It might just be that he is sick of the whole mess.  He and his department are the worst disaster in history.  

There, I fixed it for you.

And there are many more disasters in history that were worse than NO. How about the plague? Pompei? etc.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:57:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Maybe he can go on tour with Charles Moose.

Both are "disgrumbled"......

Both are also living proof that advanced degrees do not automatically confer leadership, character, and good sense upon their achievers. The NO PD chief has at least two master's degrees, one from Harvard's Kennedy School, and Moose has- God forbid- a doctorate. Our educational system not at work.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top