Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2005 3:55:42 AM EDT

this sounds like a joke but i was on the way home last night and started remembering back to those old nature films of the 70's.  they had a simple easy going voice over that put you at ease and featured something like a raccoon family that would wander about the forest and catch a fish or break muscles.  they would throw a bobcat in for suspense.  maybe even have the bobcat chase the raccoon back to it's den but the raccoon family would always make it home safe.  growing up it gave me a sense of security that i don't think kids these days have.  these shows were also a BIG deal.  they were on only at specific times once a week and everyone seemed to tune in.  now if you want to watch a nature show it's on 27/7.  no big deal.  and it's always some snake trying to bite you, sharks eating things or lions ripping a carcass to shreds.  TV "shows" are just as bad.  lame jokes, people buried alive, desperation, sodomy, prison rape.  give me a freaking break!  i turn on the news and some guy "down the street" molested a little girl.    i don't want to hear any of that crap anymore.  what i want is to go home, relax and watch a nice TV show.  when was the last time you said WOW.  that was a great show!  i think for me it was the movie the incredibles.  you would never see John Wayne get a little "too close" to one of the boys in the move "the cowboys".  why do i have to watch some pervert try to work out their "social issues"?  i don't like to be preached to but i also don't like to watch this filth that passes for TV.        

anyone know of any good shows?  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:17:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:40:56 AM EDT
[#2]

anyone know of any good shows?

No.

IMHO, almost everything on TV is total garbage.  I do NOT watch TV for that reason.  My friends actually can't understand how I can not watch TV - as if it provides some vital bodily nutrition or something.

The only time I turn on the tube is to watch a DVD.

HK940, you spoke of "simpler times."  I've been on a big DVD John Wayne movie kick lately.  I enjoy the type fo character he plays as well as the time periods in which the movies takes place (~1850-1900) - simpler times where the lines between good/bad and right/wrong were not gray or blurred.

I want a time machine.

CMOS  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:57:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Good shows are still out there. You just have to wade through a bunch of crap to find them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top