Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2005 12:53:27 AM EDT
I just got a new Compaq laptop with a touch pad mouse. It's a nice feature, except when I use it to point to a button, it goes to that site right when I cover it with the curser. I don't even hit the button.

This is a used machine and didn't come with instructions..So, help please if you know what I need to do to make the insanity stop!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:56:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure you arent tapping the pad?

What you are saying is, when you scroll or roll over the link, it will automatically go to the target?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:58:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Are you sure you arent tapping the pad?

What you are saying is, when you scroll or roll over the link, it will automatically go to the target?

Yep..And I looked in the help files and under the mouse settings in "Settings" and there's nothing there...
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:00:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Errr... what version of windows?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:03:28 AM EDT
[#4]
XP Pro
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:03:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Hold on....
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:04:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Go to control panel/mouse/

Is the "click lock" box checked? If so, uncheck it.

Did this help?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:07:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Go to control panel/mouse/

Is the "click lock" box checked? If so, uncheck it.

Did this help?

Wasn't checked..It's weird, sometimes it does it and sometimes it's fine...
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:09:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Ok, go back to control panel/mouse

Select the second tab "pointers". From the drop down menu, select "Windows Default"
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:14:40 AM EDT
[#9]
ok, I dont think this is a Win thing. You must have a prog running. Can you go to task manager and find it???
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:14:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Seems like that worked..we'll see..thanks for your help
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top