Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 10:46:43 PM EDT
I've heard paint thinner, mineral spirits, kerosene, etc. I went out to see what I had in the garage and I found some lacquer thinner.

I need to clean my brothers new SKS.

Here is what I have:

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:48:18 PM EDT
[#2]
probably, remove the wood unless you plan on refinishing or replacing it
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:49:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Any solvent will remove cosmo.

Boiling water does it just as well, and is cheaper to replace than a solvent you may need for something later. It dries instantly, pour it on the rifle and let good old water do the work for ya.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:00:25 PM EDT
[#4]
brake cleaner .
i used 2 cans to clean my SKS . strip it all the way down and give it a good cleaning.
worked like a champ.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:20:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Good.

I guess I should have said finish cleaning his new SKS. He cleaned most of it with kerosene already. All I need to do is the magazine. He didn't clean it because he was going to use one of those 40 rounders. We shot it for the first time Sunday. It didn't take long to see what a POS they are. I tried to tell him. I want to get the factory 10 rounder cleaned up and installed to show him how it is supposed to work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top