Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/27/2005 7:53:00 PM EDT
The words FUCK OFF spring to my mind. How bout you???

www.cnsnews.com/ViewCulture.asp?Page=\Culture\archive\200509\CUL20050926a.html

Congress Urged to Recognize the Beginning of Ramadan
By Susan Jones
CNSNews.com Senior Editor
September 26, 2005

(CNSNews.com) - An Islamic advocacy group is urging American Muslims "and other people of conscience" to contact their elected representatives and urge them to sign a House resolution recognizing the upcoming fast of Ramadan -- and commending Muslims for their faith.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations calls the resolution an important tool for encouraging dialogue between Muslims and their elected officials, as well as enhancing understanding of the Islamic faith.

The resolution, which expresses the opinion of Congress, mentions threats and attacks directed at members of the Islamic faith since the 9/11 terror attacks.

It then resolves that:

"(1) during this time of conflict, in order to demonstrate solidarity with and support for members of the community of Islam in the United States and throughout the world, the House of Representatives recognizes the Islamic faith as one of the great religions of the world; and

"(2) in observance of and out of respect for the commencement of Ramadan...the House of Representatives acknowledges the onset of Ramadan and expresses its deepest respect to Muslims in the United States and throughout the world on this significant occasion."

Ramadan is expected to begin on October 4 or 5 this year, depending on the sighting of the new moon. It is the month in which Muslims abstain from food, drink and other sensual pleasures from dawn to sunset for the sake of spiritual renewal.

CAIR said it is asking mosques and Islamic centers nationwide to host a "Sharing Ramadan" Iftar, or fast-breaking meal, to enhance understanding of Islam and to encourage Americans of all faiths meet their Muslims neighbors.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Good idea.
Terrible execution.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:57:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Good idea.
Terrible execution.

You stalking me punk?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:02:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm barbequeing a huge fucking pig every chance I get this October, resolution or not.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:03:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good idea.
Terrible execution.

You stalking me punk?

Just active topics.
I click on the ones that interest me.

No need to respond to this, let's keep the thread on topic.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:03:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry Achmed... piss up a rope.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:08:58 PM EDT
[#6]
"Idiotic" is all that comes to mind.

ETA: Congress had better not be in the business of endorsing religions.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:14:00 PM EDT
[#7]
How 'bout the networks show one beheading, a chard body hanging from a bridge, a massacred child laying in a Russian schoolyard, or American citizens jumping from a burning World Trade Center, say, one night of the week for a year, then you get back to us with this proposal?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#8]
How about "Eat shit and die" or Fuck off. Both works.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:18:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey mohammad, how about a nice, greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm barbequeing a huge fucking pig every chance I get this October, resolution or not.

HELL YEAH! Time to stock up on Pork Products mmmmmmmm BACON
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:36:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
How 'bout the networks show one beheading, a chard body hanging from a bridge, a massacred child laying in a Russian schoolyard, or American citizens jumping from a burning World Trade Center, say, one night of the week for a year, then you get back to us with this proposal?

That about sums it up for me.  Thank you for your clear post.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Allah Ackbar
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:55:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Tell you what, when you acknowledge everyone of my catholic saints...

then maybe I won't tell them to fuck off.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:00:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Well, that's half of the phrase that sprung to mind.

The unimportant half.

Quoted:
How 'bout the networks show one beheading, a charred body hanging from a bridge, a massacred child laying in a Russian schoolyard, or American citizens jumping from a burning World Trade Center, say, one night of the week for a year, then you get back to us with this proposal?

Bad idea!

It should be SEVEN nights a week. For 50 years.

Then we can consider the proposal.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:44:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted: I'm barbequeing a huge fucking pig every chance I get this October, resolution or not.
Time for lechon!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:05:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Right now we're struggling to keep "under God" in our pledge and these bozos want their religious holiday recognized?  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:08:00 AM EDT
[#17]

"other people of conscience"

=easily manipulated asshats.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:09:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Would it be another day off of work?

I dont give a damn, have a Hooray for Hitler day or Successful Stalin day as far as I'm concerned, so long as I get the day off from work.

Or, to accurately, as long as I get double time and a half for working a holiday.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:28:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Hopefully we won't once again use the freedoms granted to us by our constitution to pander to those who wish to replace it with islamic law.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:37:21 AM EDT
[#20]
FOAD
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:40:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Fuck them....all!

This is how it starts...."hey, lets recognize ramadamalamadingdong"

Next thing you  know, your head is beneath a knife, and you have a choice, turn to islam, or die....

These fuckers gotta be stopped sooner rather than later.

We need to draw the line in the sand, hopefully people will actually have the balls to do it....
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:40:59 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

CAIR said it is asking mosques and Islamic centers nationwide to host a "Sharing Ramadan" Iftar, or fast-breaking meal, to enhance understanding of Islam and to encourage Americans of all faiths meet their Muslims neighbors.

Serously, I think hosting shooting outings at local ranges will be far more productive in uniting the varying peoples.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:43:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Great idea!
We can roast pigs and bomb Mecca!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:50:40 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

+1000000000

Outstanding response.

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:54:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:54:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Good idea.
Terrible execution.

+1, sort of.

I would say:

"Not a bad idea.
Terrible execution."

I don't see it as a big deal and what would it hurt to "recognize" the "holiday".  However, the motivation behind it and the attempt to make it more than mere recognition, is bullsh**.  Screw you, Akbar.  

Note to self: Stock up on bacon, ham, sauage, tenderloin, ribs and rinds...
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:56:08 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion...

...unless that religion is anything besides Christianity or Judaism.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:57:43 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

You forget that it is a way of life

The Council on American-Islamic Relations can kiss my ass
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:57:52 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

www.cnsnews.com/ViewCulture.asp?Page=\Culture\archive\200509\CUL20050926a.html

Congress Urged to Recognize the Beginning of Ramadan
By Susan Jones
CNSNews.com Senior Editor
September 26, 2005

(CNSNews.com) - An Islamic advocacy group is urging American Muslims "and other people of conscience" read "traitors"to contact their elected representatives and urge them to sign a House resolution recognizing the upcoming fast of Ramadan -- and commending Muslims for their faith. Fuck that, whats next commending the Japanese for their Bushido spirit during WWII?

The Council on American-Islamic Relations calls the resolution an important tool for encouraging dialogue between Muslims and their elected officials, as well as enhancing understanding of the Islamic faith.I understand it, it hates me, and wants me to die if I don't want to become a RoPer...

The resolution, which expresses the opinion of Congress, mentions threats and attacks directed at members of the Islamic faith since the 9/11 terror attacks.What about all the attacks on infidels (read non-muslims) by muslims since 9/11?

It then resolves that:

"(1) during this time of conflict, in order to demonstrate solidarity with and support for members of the community of Islam in the United States and throughout the world, the House of Representatives recognizes the Islamic faith as one of the great religions of the world; andFuck this too, I have no solidarity or support for the community of islam, anywhere

"(2) in observance of and out of respect for the commencement of Ramadan...the House of Representatives acknowledges the onset of Ramadan and expresses its deepest respect to Muslims in the United States and throughout the world on this significant occasion."I piss on thier fucking holidays and their beliefs, no respect here, and I piss on them...

Ramadan is expected to begin on October 4 or 5 this year, depending on the sighting of the new moon. It is the month in which Muslims abstain from food, drink and other sensual pleasures from dawn to sunset for the sake of spiritual renewal.Let 'em keep abstaining...forever. Then they can renew their spirit with allah, and not bother us anymore

CAIR said it is asking mosques and Islamic centers nationwide to host a "Sharing Ramadan" Iftar, or fast-breaking meal, to enhance understanding of Islam and to encourage Americans of all faiths meet their Muslims neighbors.Yeah, what CAIR didn't say is it wants its people to kill their infidel neighbors...

Unbelieveable...death by inches from the enemy within...
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:08:13 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
How about "Eat shit and die" or Fuck off. Both works.

But it is a holiday of fasting so don't eat shit, and then die.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:12:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:12:56 AM EDT
[#32]
CAIR - The Enemy Within!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:15:40 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now that ain't necessarily so.
Do you remember the court decision which stated that a student led Christian prayer before a ballgame at school was a violation of one guy's freedom from religion, yet another court ruled shortly after that Muslims using loudspeakers at a high volume for the day's prayers was protected religious expression?

That's what I'm saying.  It always seems some proponent of another (usually violent or bogus) religion is demanding the application of that principle to Christianity.  If the "establishment" is anything other than Christianity no one seems to care.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:16:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:23:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:25:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:26:55 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you remember the court decision which stated that a student led Christian prayer before a ballgame at school was a violation of one guy's freedom from religion, yet another court ruled shortly after that Muslims using loudspeakers at a high volume for the day's prayers was protected religious expression?

That's what I'm saying.  It always seems some proponent of another (usually violent or bogus) religion is demanding the application of that principle to Christianity.  If the "establishment" is anything other than Christianity no one seems to care.

Rather than demonizing a religion, why not just say it like it is?  Expel the Arabs from the US and call it a day.  We put the Japanese in internment camps during WWII, how hard would it be to round up the Arabs and send them to the ME?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:36:20 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rather than demonizing a religion, why not just say it like it is?  Expel the Arabs from the US and call it a day.  We put the Japanese in internment camps during WWII, how hard would it be to round up the Arabs and send them to the ME?

...resistance is futile...
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:39:40 AM EDT
[#39]
They need to STFU and FOAD.

HH
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:47:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Ramadan and the Mohammedeans can plant a big sloppy one right on my puckered balloon knot.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:49:31 AM EDT
[#41]
It will be one more step in making the world into a total Islamic state.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:57:42 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good idea.
Terrible execution.

+1, sort of.

I would say:

"Not a bad idea.
Terrible execution."

I don't see it as a big deal and what would it hurt to "recognize" the "holiday".  However, the motivation behind it and the attempt to make it more than mere recognition, is bullsh**.  Screw you, Akbar.  

Note to self: Stock up on bacon, ham, sauage, tenderloin, ribs and rinds...

You said it better than I did.
Nothing wrong with recognizing it, except for the attempt to make it more then a recognition.
However, I do think the idea of opening the mosques and the eid up to others is a good idea.
I have attended the Eid at my professors house and it was a pretty good time.
Talked a lot of politics, lot of good food with the exception of the desserts - too sweet for me.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:00:31 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is a problem with your proposal...

The majority of Arabs in the United States are not Muslim.

Link to site
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:10:43 AM EDT
[#44]
You people make me sick!! Bunch o racists bigots the lot of ya! You want them to hate us more???? WWJD??!! So you want to cook pork to disrespect Islam, that is disgusting! Any Anthropologist or educated person (unlike you jackasses) will tell you that Muslims won't eat pork because to them it's tantamount to cannabalism. In futherance of Dialouge and understanding between the Muslim community and Infidel-Americans I suggest we together celebrate a Hajj ritual on Oct 10th. In this case i recommend Sacraficing a goat, which is done by all observant Muslims in Mecca. Slitting a goats throat and offering it to the moon god will bring Infidels and Dhimmi closer to the Truth of Islam. Now May I finish with some magic Vowels from the Q'uran - UMMM DAGAGAGA KAKAKAKAKA BABOOOSHKA, Amin!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:13:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:15:18 AM EDT
[#46]
There timming cant be better
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:15:58 AM EDT
[#47]
[vincent vega] Ummm, bacon tastes good...ummmmm, pork chops taste good...[/vincent vega]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:20:21 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
You people make me sick!! Bunch o racists bigots the lot of ya! You want them to hate us more???? WWJD??!! So you want to cook pork to disrespect Islam, that is disgusting! Any Anthropologist or educated person (unlike you jackasses) will tell you that Muslims won't eat pork because to them it's tantamount to cannabalism. In futherance of Dialouge and understanding between the Muslim community and Infidel-Americans I suggest we together celebrate a Hajj ritual on Oct 10th. In this case i recommend Sacraficing a goat, which is done by all observant Muslims in Mecca. Slitting a goats throat and offering it to the moon god will bring Infidels and Dhimmi closer to the Truth of Islam. Now May I finish with some magic Vowels from the Q'uran - UMMM DAGAGAGA KAKAKAKAKA BABOOOSHKA, Amin!

I hope this is a joke.  Sacrificing goats?  Why not virgins?

Otherwise, the day ANYONE tells me when I can and cannot have pork is the day I die.  Come to think of it, that's what the ROP is all about.  How about you eating some pork to try to uncerstand why I love it so much?  How about that?  How about Muslims go to synague WITHOUT the aim of killing everyone there?  How about letting me go to Mecca to see what's going on, to see the history and culture?

And as for uneducated jackasses, not being fond of a particular religion is not racist.  Islam is not a race, you fucktard.  But of course they don't teach that in the Madrasah.

ETA: Guess you aren't gonna find too many goats lining up to become Muslims...
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:34:40 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope this is a joke.  Sacrificing goats?  Why not virgins?

Otherwise, the day ANYONE tells me when I can and cannot have pork is the day I die.  Come to think of it, that's what the ROP is all about.  How about you eating some pork to try to uncerstand why I love it so much?  How about that?  How about Muslims go to synague WITHOUT the aim of killing everyone there?  How about letting me go to Mecca to see what's going on, to see the history and culture?

And as for uneducated jackasses, not being fond of a particular religion is not racist.  Islam is not a race, you fucktard.  But of course they don't teach that in the Madrasah.

ETA: Guess you aren't gonna find too many goats lining up to become Muslims...

UMM, What s wrong wiith slitting a goats throat for Muhammud(PBUH)?? No other modern World religion has Animal sacrafice, cause they have all sold out, OnlyIslam is true to it's 7th century roots. Besides Sliting goat throats is good practice for............... Well Anyway I digress Maybe if The Dhimmi (you) paid your Zakat you'd feel a lot better about Submission (Islam) to those above you, namely Muslims and then Muhammud(PBUH) then Allah. Again I would like to finish my post with Q'uranic Magic vowels OOOOGGA MOOOOOGA ZOOOOOOOGA, Amin
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:46:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top