Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 6:34:02 PM EDT
A question for you guys who own gas grills that get alot of snow and cold weather. If I leave mine outside full of gas without a cover on it will it be ok. I dont want it to be ruined or have busted gas line or anything like that. Will propane freeze? Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
A question for you guys who own gas grills that get alot of snow and cold weather. If I leave mine outside full of gas without a cover on it will it be ok. I dont want it to be ruined or have busted gas line or anything like that. Will propane freeze? Thanks.

I grew up in PA and we left ours out and used it all year.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:40:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Real men grill with charcoal.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#3]
No problem. I would advocate a cover over the grill to make it last longer tho. Remember, all those big propane tanks stay outside all winter.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

what he said but no problems leaving it out.
Save it for a shoot
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:51:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Propane freezes at -310 F.......I think you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:52:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Hank is gonna take offence to this one
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:55:11 PM EDT
[#7]
A cover will do a lot to extend the life of the grill.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#8]
OK thanks for the info guys.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Real men have a underground line running to the grill
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Unitl you work for a petroleum company that sells petroleum coke to charcoal companies, and you learn about how little they care about whats in it.......

Propane is nice...good old fasioned HD5 fungible.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unitl you work for a petroleum company that sells petroleum coke to charcoal companies, and you learn about how little they care about whats in it.......

Propane is nice...good old fasioned HD5 fungible.

Real men use REAL WOOD charcoal. Although, briquettes are FAR better than gas, its only Royal Oak natural wood chunk charcoal for me. Complemented by my selection of different wood chunks soaked in water of course.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:33:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
No problem. I would advocate a cover over the grill to make it last longer tho.

Yep. Five years of AZ sun has just about killed my grill?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:52:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I use a cover and I live in the Great White North, I do suggest keeping a spare tank around though, you may find that your grill is harder to light when it hits -30C or colder. At least that has been my experience.

The cover is strictly to keep my grill alive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top