Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 6:24:41 PM EDT
I really need to know.

We had 2 employees die since Saturday.

Both were in good health and in their early 30's, no known risk factors... died in their sleep 9/24 and 9/26....

We're already in the process of looking out for their families.. (which was tough since one wasn't with us long enough to get benefits)

I just can't stop wondering who's next....

I'm not a believer in coincidence... so I haven't stopped drinking from the water cooler.....  I'm just curious if I should start planning for a 3rd service...

Trying not to sound heartless... just a bit dejected and worried I might lose another employee/friend,

SciFiNut

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#1]
They usually happen in fours, but after three, we are so messed up we don't really notice the last one...

Sorry to hear about the bad news at work...

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.

It's been a tough week, and there's 3 more days to go.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#3]
... Only if you're superstitious. You know, like Catholic ans such.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:48:17 PM EDT
[#4]
gfgfa
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Hate to be the bearor of bad news here, YES

Find a new source of income
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow, I'm sorry!  How many people are there at your work place?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, bad things happen in 3s.  I don't want to even start on how I know this...
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:03:40 PM EDT
[#8]
1. My dad passed away last monday.
2. The girl I've been in love with for the last 5 years turned me down on Saturday.

I'm not sure I wanna find out what #3 is gonna be
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Just what do poeple in their early 30s die from in their sleep??? Did their wives shoot them while they were sleeping, WTF? I guess I could see it happening to one, maybe, but two, just what do you do for a living? I know these questions are a little uncooth and I feel  sorry them and you if you were their friends but that just seems weird.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I just can't stop wondering who's next....

I'm not a believer in coincidence... so I haven't stopped drinking from the water cooler.....  I'm just curious if I should start planning for a 3rd service...

Trying not to sound heartless... just a bit dejected and worried I might lose another employee/friend,

SciFiNut

And you're still drinking the water????

Goodbye
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:10:39 PM EDT
[#12]
No its bunk. A product of confirmation bias
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#13]
You don't happen to work around say, toxic chemicals?  sure, people die in their sleep.  Even someone in their thirties.  But two of them? From the same work place?  Dude, I'd be thinking real hard about that.  Is it something in the workplace? The water? The air?  How healthy were these teo people, work in the same part of the plant....do the same job?

Fuck superstition, the science of that creeped me out.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Daytona: 670 people in the office.

Mark: They both died of "Natural Causes" according to the medical examiner. One was a good friend, and yes, it's inexplicable....

NMSight: I'm not superstitious, so I'm still drinking the water. (The women in the office don't, but that's another story as it seems to cause hyper-fertility)

Wildboar: So if enough people think things run in 3's, 3 people will die in groups.?? explain.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
No its bunk. A product of confirmation bias

... 'zactly, never understood any of that "superstitious" shit, I think people are basically meant to be led - and this type of crap is just one more bit of evidence confirming it.

... You "believers", I take it you avoid walking under ladders, go to work on Friday the 13th and freak when a black cat walks in your path?

... your future is how you construct it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:30:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Mark: They both died of "Natural Causes" according to the medical examiner. One was a good friend, and yes, it's inexplicable....

NMSight: I'm not superstitious, so I'm still drinking the water. (The women in the office don't, but that's another story as it seems to cause hyper-fertility)

Wildboar: So if enough people think things run in 3's, 3 people will die in groups.?? explain.

The link should explain better than I can.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:49:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

]

Thanks for the update and once again, sorry for your loss.
That is just too damn weird, is your office at area 51?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes, certainly, except when they happen in ones, twos, and fours.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:57:42 PM EDT
[#19]
3 is half of 6 and the are 3 6s in the sign of the beast!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top