Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 6:05:14 PM EDT
Here I sat, in the dark, cruising Arfcom.  I had just poured a glass of the apple juice that has been in the fridge a while, finishing it off.

It tasted a bit weird, but not too bad, just seemed to have some refigerator odor.  After drinking half a glass, I noticed some weird feeling in my mouth, like a sliminess and lumpiness combined.  

That's when I turned the light on.

I count about 12 little fuzzy green and black balls floating in the juice.  

Disgusting.  Do you think I'll get sick?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#2]
That WASN'T apple juice.

Only 12???? Good thing you swallowed the other 1000.

Seriously, I thought you were going to say someone gave you a Cleveland Steamer.

Nah, the little green and black things will only help keep you well. However, you should really stop drinking those hookers urine samples for their Probation Officers.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Once I made coffee and put in the whipping cream (I like the real stuff, not half-and-half) without smelling it first.  I noticed that the coffee tasted a little odd, but I just drank it.  Soon after I smelled the cream, and it smelled rather bad.  I was fine though.

I doubt it will hurt you.  I've heard that moldy bread won't really hurt you, and the stuff in your juice is probably similar.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:08:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

...  Do you think I'll get sick?

... Au contraire', you just administered enough penicillin to cure what ails you!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#5]
This wouldn't be a problem if you just put alcohol in every liquid when you buy it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Thought you were going to say you drank the 24 hour urine sample you left in the fridge pendiing a visit to the doc.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#7]
That's fucking gross.

Good job!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Please...I meen PLEASE  let us know how you are doing on thursday (you might want to leave a note for someone to post for you just in case).

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought you were going to post you shat on you pants again....
.... and were off to a meeting!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:23:03 PM EDT
[#10]
One time I made a salad in a bowl and put ranch dressing on it.  As I was getting done some of the ranch dressing seemed a bit thicker.  Come to find out, that dish hadn't been washed, but just put in the cabinet and I was actually eating three week old mayo.  I didn't really notice cause the bowl was white.  

I could still probably puke over that if I think about it hard enough.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:29:56 PM EDT
[#11]
The closest thing that's happened to me is once I ate a fry that tasted like garbage smells. Oddly, it didn't smell at all. It took an entire burger to get the taste out of my mouth.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:36:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
One time I made a salad in a bowl and put ranch dressing on it.  As I was getting done some of the ranch dressing seemed a bit thicker.  Come to find out, that dish hadn't been washed, but just put in the cabinet and I was actually eating three week old mayo.  I didn't really notice cause the bowl was white.  

Interesting story, but horribly false.  Mayo does not go bad in the fridge.  I have Mayo that is 8 months old in the fridge and still as good as the day I bought it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Get sick? Hell no. You gonna DIE!  

just kidding
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting story, but horribly false.  Mayo does not go bad in the fridge.  I have Mayo that is 8 months old in the fridge and still as good as the day I bought it.

It's ok if you can't read.  The dish was what had the mayo in it and it wasn't in the fridge.  And although it didn't taste terrible, I still couldn't eat for an entire day due the the thought.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:42:37 PM EDT
[#15]
OOps, I can't read. sory.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:08:39 PM EDT
[#16]
I once ate very moldy soybeans, with a little ketchup.  Oh, and I have sometimes had moldy cheese.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:13:19 PM EDT
[#17]
it was the morining after a long drive out of town.  i went to my car to get something and while i was there i took a big ol' swig from a bottle of half-drank Pepsi from the day before.  Only it wasn't Pepsi,  it was the bottle i had been spitting tobacco in for the whole drive.  Two big swallows before i realized it.  i wished i would have puked, but didn't.  That will never happen again.--i haven't spit my tobacco juice in years.

BTW.  i'm down from a can/2 days to one/week.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:14:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I ate a whole bowl of bugs fucking.
I think it was called yogurt.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#19]
That's why I only drink fermented beverages.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:20:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Looks like someone might have pulled one on ya.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:20:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#22]
If you die, may we come over and clean up the evidence?  We don't want anyone to know you were into guns?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:23:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Brain eating insect eggs grow in apple juice.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#24]
I got some soured lumpy chocolate milk from a convenience store one time.  I took a long swig from it while doing 70 on the interstate.  Several people saw me puke that day.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:29:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Don't know if you'll get sick, but that is funny and nasty at the same time.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Bad news is that your probably gonna die from salmonella, Good news is that you will die Gonorrhea free.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Nah, It's just homemade penicillin.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:Mayo does not go bad in the fridge.

Trust me, I managed to get bad mayo on a fridge. It might of take me a couple of years, but it was definately bad.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#29]
I guess it's not as bad as what happened to my father in law.  He went to his little brother's house to help him unplug the toilet - seems the kids flushed something down it.  Carl, his brother, managed to get the stool off and get ahold of something down the pipe with a coathanger.  He gave it a yank, and out flew a little plastic teacup full of shit.  The shit flew right into my father in law's mouth as he was talking.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:42:19 PM EDT
[#30]
I was heading down the freeway and this chick in the passenger seat of a car flashed me her titties as we were driving along.

WOW I thought to myself as I reached down for my 1/2 liter bottle of Mt Dew,  took the cap off and took a big drink only to realize it was my ashtray bottle instead ( I NEVER throw cigs out the window ).  Didn't puke but damn it took all day to get that taste outa my mouth.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Disclaimer:  I have almost no sense of smell, and thus a slightly diminished sense of taste.

I was over at my brother's house after a day of shooting, and I grabbed an almost full bottle of Nesquick from the fridge and chugged it. I thought, "Geeze, he needs to turn his fridge down, this stuff is 1/2 frozen."  Then it hit me, if it was frozen, it would have been crunchy with ice crystals.  It was actually chunky/slimy going down.  Then I noticed a bit of a tang to it.  Finally putting the pieces together, I checked the date...  Four months 13 days after the "Best if used by" date. Ant it wasn'tlike it might still be ok because it wasn't opened, it had been.

I couldn't get the though of what I had drank out of my head all day.  Fortunaltely, I could hardly taste how gross it really was.  HE cringed at the smell when I brought it to him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top