Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 2:54:02 PM EDT
Well? Any comments would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:57:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got one.

Plus side-

Uses the same mags as your chosen handgun in 9mm or .40.  I have a Glock 17 compatible model
Super quiet to shoot compared to a handgun, not much worse than a 10/22
Uber concealable- I carry mine in my getaway pack when I go up to the woods for the weekend.
Reliable- even with ashtray type hollowpoints

Negative side-
HORRIBLE trigger pull.  Extremely heavy.  Feels like I'm going to break the trigger with each pull.

On the whole, I'd recommend it as a tuck away emergency gun, and it's fun to plink with, but heavy trigger pull.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:13:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Don't.  Beretta Storm.  Next!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:19:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one in .40 that uses Glock 22 mags.  It's one of the funnest guns I own.  Very accurate.  Reliable with Factory Glock mags.

I had to send it back to Kel-Tec because the trigger broke, but that was very painless.

Highly recommended.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:39:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't.  Beretta Storm.  Next!

beretta storm doesnt fold or share mags with glocks. the .40 storm only has 12rnd mags and the .45 storm only has 8rnd mags. i can get 15, 17, and 29 rnds mags for a .40 kel tec (glock), its WAY cheaper, easily conceable, and the perefect trunk gun.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:43:37 PM EDT
[#5]
AGNTSA
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I fired one in 9mm recently, and it will dump an entire mag into a steel plate at 20 yards as fast as you can squeeze the trigger.  Very nice shooting weapon.  Definitely worth having one IMO.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
AGNTSA

What does that mean?

I own a glock 17. So it would be nice to have one.  The purpose of it is to be a trunk gun.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:08:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, besides sharing mags with my Glock 19 they have something else in common...the trigger sucks!

Otherwise, it's extremely accurate...and fun to shoot...oh, and mine came with a factory gas leak...and it jams when using 33 round mags, and sometimes with 15 rounders...still haven't sent it back yet

Oh well, I can fold it up and toss it in a backpack , so it works for me.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#9]
My father wants one of those. I was thinking of getting one for Christmas with the folding, spring-loaded scope mount. About what yardage is it accurate to? And what's the best magazine configuration to get it in?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#10]
A guy in the FDCC club consistantly out shoots AR's with his. Known for their crappy trigger, Kel-Tec will improve it for you at no cost. There are also some online sources for information on trigger jobs but they aren't Dremel jobs, you need a stoning jig. Best leave it to a pro.

Right now, there are supply issues getting them. I called a distributor the other day and they didn't know when they were getting more in. I plan on picking up a 9mm model as a truck gun to share mags with my Glock. Not bad for what they are,
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:49:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Very nice weapon, very compact......knocked a squirrel out of the top of a ver tall tree with one shot.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I've had one for a few months, maybe 200 total rounds through it.  Trigger both sucks and blows.  The trigger pull is so heavy I think I'm gonna break the trigger off with every shot.  Bad trigger makes it necessary to really concentrate to get an accurate shot off.  For fast flash sight picture shots, it works fine.

Having said that, it is EXTREMELY compact when folded.  It is very simple and, so far, reliable.  I got the 9mm that likes Glock mags.  Mags are available and fairly inexpensive.  Handy little trunk or BOB gun.  9mm ammo is also cheap and available.

The dumb things aren't really expensive, under $300, all in all a fair, if imperfect, deal.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:23:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I would definately go with the Storm over the Sub-2000.  Having shot both a lot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top