Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 2:23:55 PM EDT
Trailer Well they turned Swofford's book into a movie. For any of you who did not read the book you did not miss much. It was pretty much just Swofford bitching and crying through the whole thing. He is a little ball of emotions and tries so hard to be that guy that got messed up over there even though he never fired a shot in anger. Almost all the reviews of his book from Marines were negative. He often "sexes" up the stories to make them sound more interesting.

But oh well maybe the movie will be worth a shit. Probably going to be all anti war and stuff but maybe there will be some cool guns and explosions and stuff.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:30:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I read the book and I must say, that he does bitch and moan about alot stuff in the Marine Corps.  

But, I think he is right on on how the lower non NCO enlisted feel.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:35:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it sucks  that Kayne West is on the soundtrack for the trailer.

Other then that it looks like a decent movie as long as they don't totally twist it into liberal hippy propaganda.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Now Swofford's a college professor.  Hard to believe, right?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#4]
It was a shitty book, and I'm sure it will be an even shittier movie.

But, I think he is right on on how the lower non NCO enlisted feel.

Just the turds, because that's whose point of view the book was written from.  Most of the Marines in my last platoon didn't finish it because it was such a load of BS.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:54:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Now Swofford's a college professor.  Hard to believe, right?

I did not know that but it sounds like it is a fit.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Crap. And here i was expecting a Sgtar15-esque GI Joe movie.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:38:45 PM EDT
[#7]
btt for night folks
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#8]
If the movie is as bad as the book was... don't waste your money. I don't think this guy did anything but complain through the whole thing.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I think it sucks  that Kayne West is on the soundtrack for the trailer.

Other then that it looks like a decent movie as long as they don't totally twist it into liberal hippy propaganda.

It wouldn't have to be twisted at all to be hippy propoganda, since that's how it started out.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:20:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I think I'll spend my money on the "Flags Of Our Fathers" movie instead.

www.flagsofourfathers.net
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top