Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 2:10:53 PM EDT
Airsoft Photos
I have never played airsoft, nor do I have the interest to become an airsoft player, but I have to consider the amount of seriousness to which individuals treat this "activity." I have played paintball and enjoy it as a fast paced activity, and I have no idea how airsoft compares to it, but obviously some get satisfaction out it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude, I won a contest ($100) for finding the most hilarious airsoft ridicule photo (here on ARFCOM).

You should see how bad it gets.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:14:31 PM EDT
[#2]
[scooby-doo]  Rut Row  [scooby-doo]

ETA: awW  Crap and I just changed my avatar heading.   Ok here it goes  "Got real steel?"  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:14:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Isn't there another thread about this just posted????

oh....

sorry, that is stuff about ANUS not airsoft.... sometimes it can be a thin line
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:21:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
[scooby-doo]  Rut Row  [scooby-doo]

ETA: awW  Crap and I just changed my avatar heading.   Ok here it goes  "Got real steel?"  

Did you see the thread that got thrown in the Pit where some airsoft poser was saying he had an FN M-16.  People were grilling him on the specs and he was fumbling badly.
Someone asked him if it was RDIAS or a Receiver (I think it was DK-Prof) and someone else said he probably thought RDIAS was "real-deal-in-actual-steel".  It was frickin' priceless.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:27:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Legend, No, I think I missed that one. I just searched teh archive and all I gotta say is, where is KangarooAR-15 oh and IBTL
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Legend, No, I think I missed that one. I just searched teh archive and all I gotta say is, where is KangarooAR-15 oh and IBTL

I don't know about Roo.  Shortly after his wife had their baby his posting stopped.

I tried a couple e-mails to his work but never heard back.  

I hope all is well and he just got to busy or something.

ETA: "Don't get stuck on stupid" is pretty good too
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:48:36 PM EDT
[#7]

That's right, I thought he had a pup kicker on the way. Well I'de post the infamous 'Goat' pic but it's too early to get this thread locked.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:01:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

That's right, I thought he had a pup kicker on the way. Well I'de post the infamous 'Goat' pic but it's too early to get this thread locked.

I agree.  Nothing wrong with a little 1BTGP (1 before the goat pic) though.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:07:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Airsoft Photos
I have never played airsoft, nor do I have the interest to become an airsoft player, but I have to consider the amount of seriousness to which individuals treat this "activity." I have played paintball and enjoy it as a fast paced activity, and I have no idea how airsoft compares to it, but obviously some get satisfaction out it.

Don't look here.  Ask about it in the wargaming forum or look into it at an airsoft forum like airsoftplayers.com

You won't find much help here in GD.

EDIT: As it compares to paintball...physically about the same, less paint to rub off your clothes and cooler looking toys.  All else is pretty much equal and depends on how you want to play.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:08:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Look, Mom, I'm gay!

If I only had Adobe Photoshop. . . and knew how to use it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:10:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#12]

NOT ANOTHER AIRSOFT THREAD!!!!!!!!!!
AHAHAHAHHAAAAA!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:11:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
img278.imageshack.us/img278/4582/airsoft20butt5ml.jpg

[Paris Hilton]That's Hot![/Paris Hilton]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:12:47 PM EDT
[#14]
See what I mean?  

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:13:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
See what I mean?  

Hey, how's recovery coming?  Shit man...poke some fun at the airsofters...it might help.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:20:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
See what I mean?  

Yup, but i can understand why actions like the above pic get whats coming, because i doubt someone in the interest of seriousness would not act like that.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:35:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Jerry Seinfeld, "Not that there is anything wrong with that!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
See what I mean?  

Yup, but i can understand why actions like the above pic get whats coming, because i doubt someone in the interest of seriousness would not act like that.

That is partially the problem. If you use it as a training aid and develop bad habbits, people die. There was an officer involved shooting last year or year before last, where Arlington PD was running a practice raid session. I don't remember all the specifics, but they had been using Airsoft for pre-drill workups and one of the team wound up grabbing an issue sidearm and shot one of the team members in the head.

Using them for real, without real fear of injury or death will lead to someone getting killed. My $.02
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Airsoft Photos

Fuck... you've unleashed a beast on ARFCOM that no one can control.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:45:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Airsoft Photos

OHHH that'll kill some time for me.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:47:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Whatever blows thier skirts up I guess.

Not for me thats for sure
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:48:37 PM EDT
[#22]
airsoft is fun!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:50:18 PM EDT
[#23]
However, how can you ridicule people for playing Airsoft when your avatar is "StarGate SG-1"?

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#24]
airsoft  is a game as much as paintball is. i play and enjoy it, i think some of you take it too seriously and could use  a game where you can shoot someone else and employ group tactics and if it fails get to go home and laugh about it over a few beers.

there are a lot of folks on here who are obsessed with taking the latest cqd class at the newest seal wannabe training school in. do any of you feel it makes you seem foolishg for spending thousands on learning how to keep a red dot on target to take a followup shot? the odds of anything happening in your mundane life is pretty slim but you want to be prepared anyway. put those skills to good use, go out and play airsoft,treat it as a game o0r as a skill builder and you'll meet a LOT OF BLACK RIFLE OWNERS OR FUTURE BLACK RIFLE OWNERS.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:10:35 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
. do any of you feel it makes you seem foolishg for spending thousands on learning how to keep a red dot on target to take a followup shot?

Yep that's all we do for 3 days and 1200 rounds...

put those skills to good use, go out and play airsoft,treat it as a game o0r as a skill builder and you'll meet a LOT OF BLACK RIFLE OWNERS OR FUTURE BLACK RIFLE OWNERS.

So you're trying to equate playing Airsoft with attending an Urban Carvine course?  

Airsoft is a game, a way to play tag while playing with fun toys, please don't confuse your airsoft adventures with real training.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#26]
since IBTGP has been done, I'll add an IBT6MM

(In Before The 6 Millimeter Militia)
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#27]
I only have experience with Airsoft from a couple of weeks ago my son (8) asked to go in the Airsoft store.  I now know what a "mall ninja" is.  Tactical garb and all.  I don't get it, but to each his own.  I can only imagine the tactical conversations they have between them.  I wonder how many times during an FTX they suffer friendly fire?

Blake
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
since IBTGP has been done, I'll add an IBT6MM

(In Before The 6 Millimeter Militia)

An oldie but a goodie.  Here it is:

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:54:08 PM EDT
[#29]
^^^That is mega-ghey
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top