Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 1:31:00 PM EDT
I am in need of a good credit monitoring service which will allow me to view my credit reports from the big 3 and monitor my credit for unusual activity....The only one I am currently aware of is truecredit and would appreciate knowing if they're any good or should I go with another service.....
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:51:47 PM EDT
[#1]
????????????

No replies? Has this question stumped arfcom?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:58:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe the delay, O impatient one, is because people are wondering why would you want to inject yet another "unknown quantity" 3rd party in between the creditors and you , or let them have authorization to view your reports?

You have the right to request your reports directly from the bureaus, and that's my approach.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Maybe the delay, O impatient one, is because people are wondering why would you want to inject yet another "unknown quantity" 3rd party in between the creditors and you , or let them have authorization to view your reports?

True, but that is a decision I choose to make...To make a long story short it appears that a postal employee in my area illegally rerouted hundreds of addresses, including mine, to a PO Box via a phony "change of address" form. I have already contacted the Big 3 and put fraud alerts in my credit file, but the fact of the matter is my current job is incumbent upon my maintaining a TS clearance and the Gov't does not play when it comes to bad credit. Many a coworker has been fired for credit issues that were not their fault (identity theft).

You have the right to request your reports directly from the bureaus, and that's my approach.

True, but that can only be done once a year for free, and that does not include being notified when there is credit  activity associated with your history....Even if one were to check it quartely quite a bit of damage can be done in that short amount of time...Therefore, my best course of action is to use a credit monitoring service that will alert me if this (or any other issue) affects my credit....My job depends on it......Hence the question....
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess considering your situation & the need to frequently monitor it, it makes a lot of sense for you.  I think the credit bureaus themselves (some, at least) offer such services...I haven't gotten familiar with them, though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:23:52 PM EDT
[#5]
www.creditboards.com

Eric  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top